• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hub Raser Replacement

Dhanushkapg

Question

Dear Experts.

I am using Nissan FB 15 Car, Recently i heard "HAMm " Sound when i pick up my car. According to observation it comes from front wheel. I saw it to A*W friend and he told me HUB RASER need to be replace.

( This sound like HAMM) . I like to know what are those rasers and how much it will be cost when iam replace front wheel

It's a very straightforward procedure to replace the racers, your regular mechanic should be able to handle it just fine. Each wheel has two, one inner and one outer. It's best to get them both replaced at the same time. What I did when the same happened on my van was to go to a shop my mechanic recommended and ask for front wheel bearings for a Lotto Townace. I took the two bearings from the van as well, just to get a visual confirmation that I was indeed buying the correct part. Most, if not all, shops down Panchikawatta will know what you will need since your car is pretty common, but as a precaution take the old bearings with you.

My CE110 Diesel, YOM1998 is getting "rrrrr...rrrrr" noise from my L front wheel. It is NOT a continues hum. Just like one place is rubbing against each other while rotating.

My front brake pads are ok and CV joint is slightly worn-out and making "kata..kata" noice when I take sharp turn with accelaration only.

Is it still possible to have broken front bearing?

Edited by nano31

Front Lower Control Arm Bush I think.. When it worn out two metal part clapping each other when you driving bumpy roads specially. You may feel this to your hand on steering.

Nope...This mainly audible while driving on a good condition road

If you suspect a wheel bearing issue, jack up that side and try rotating (the hub) preferably with the wheel removed. Most probably you'll be able to hear the bearing hum. But if it occurs only under load this method won't work :(

I heard replacing front bearings is straight forward. But if you want to do the rears you'll need a hydraulic press to remove the old one and put the new bearing in. (if u go for NSK bearings)

Dear Experts. I am using Nissan FB 15 Car, Recently i heard "HAMm " Sound when i pick up my car. According to observation it comes from front wheel. I saw it to A*W friend and he told me HUB RASER need to be replace. ( This sound like HAMM) . I like to know what are those rasers and how much it will be cost when iam replace front wheel

It could be the hub racer but a quick way to confirm your suspicions is to jack the side of the wheel in question up ensuring the hand brake is firmly applied. Put the gear into neutral and give the wheel a good whirl. You should hear the hum then as well.

For the price of the bearing you can check with central bearings or any other reputed dealer. It should come as a sealed unit. Replacement is not a very complicated job.

Dear Experts.

I am using Nissan FB 15 Car, Recently i heard "HAMm " Sound when i pick up my car. According to observation it comes from front wheel. I saw it to A*W friend and he told me HUB RASER need to be replace.

( This sound like HAMM) . I like to know what are those rasers and how much it will be cost when iam replace front wheel

i can't tell exactly the issue with the bearing. but there is a method to check it as DON said. any how if the HUB bearing is faulty don't go to replace the bearing with brand new one. for brand new bearing cost will be 3000/- and baring replace charge will be 750/- altogether it may be 3750/- or 4000/- but you can buy Recon complete hub set for around 5000/- or 5500/- it include Genuine hub bearing + Break Disk + break Caliper set + Genuine Break pads and ABS sensor, some time you can find complete hub set including ball joints. if you spend 7000/- including ball joints, its worth.

Edited by Nilantha

i can't tell exactly the issue with the bearing. but there is a method to check it as DON said. any how if the HUB bearing is faulty don't go to replace the bearing with brand new one. for brand new bearing cost will be 3000/- and baring replace charge will be 750/- altogether it may be 3750/- or 4000/- but you can buy Recon complete hub set for around 5000/- or 5500/- it include Genuine hub bearing + Break Disk + break Caliper set + Genuine Break pads and ABS sensor, some time you can find complete hub set including ball joints. if you spend 7000/- including ball joints, its worth.

are you retarded? please keep your bull sh*t advice to yourself. Only a retard would recommend someone to go out and put in a used hub instead of just installing a new wheel bearing.

So let me ask you this since you are such an "expert," how does one know that the bearings of the new hub will go bad in a few kilometers?

Listen, do us all a favour and keep quiet when the men are talking ok?

are you retarded? please keep your bull sh*t advice to yourself. Only a retard would recommend someone to go out and put in a used hub instead of just installing a new wheel bearing.

So let me ask you this since you are such an "expert," how does one know that the bearings of the new hub will go bad in a few kilometers?

Listen, do us all a favour and keep quiet when the men are talking ok?

better you use vehicle and take some experience.

Once this Nilantha guy told me to shut up because he knows better than me. May be he is right. But in this case don't know much.. In which country people rich enough to through a Hub instead replacing simple razor. No further dragging, don't want to raise my warn status.

have you seen a hub bearing? how can use simple razor as hub bearing?

all can understand about your knowledge.

Edited by Nilantha

have you seen a hub bearing? how can use simple razor as hub bearing?

all can understand about your knowledge.

Do you even know what a bearing is?

Hey got a question for you. I'm about due for a new spark plugs. Should I just drop in a recon engine instead? I will be getting genuine spark plugs with it right?

Dear Experts

I need some kind of information from you. Can anyone tell How much cost to be replace hub rasers? and is that replacement take long duration ?

Each bearing cost you 3000Rs-5000 Rs depends on the size and the make. Replacing takes about 02 hours.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I myself hear a very faint HUM sound when the car is in move, only when a gear is engaged and accelerator is pressed. All the shutters are closed and AC on. I hear it only when there is no other road noise. Is it normal ?

If this is on Acceleration, it probably in Engine compartment not in wheels or hub.

Yup, it's not in wheels or hub, only when a gear is engaged and accelerator pressed.

Dear Friend

That happen Not accelerate all the time .Up to 60 Kmph that sound not heard.After 60-and upper HUMM sound comes from front wheel. It 100% sure sound not coming from engine. Most probably it happen due Rasers.

Edited by Dhanushkapg

Dear Experts

I need some kind of information from you. Can anyone tell How much cost to be replace hub rasers? and is that replacement take long duration ?

Bearing cost will be 3000-5000 Lath machine charges will be 750-1000 Garage charges will be 500-1000.

any how replacing the HUB bearing is not a easy job. time consuming. if your garage don't have puller and Hydrolic Jack you have to take the hub to Lath workshop to replace the Bearing.

Last November i replace my CR42 Left side hub due to "humm" sound. i replaced complete hub. i bought for 5000/- from wijerama. replaced by my self.

here is the removed hub

p5232060.jpg

p5232062.jpg

p5232059.jpg

Edited by Nilantha

if your car with manual gear box this "humm" may come from Clutch Bearing. i guess this because of you said this humm come when only gear engaged.

Yes, it's manual. So that means it's ready to give up or what ?