• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Main Fuse Box Replacing

hatharasinghe

Question

Dear all,

I have a Kia Spectra car and it has some electrical problems. Last week after engine switch off and key removed but the radiator fan works so had to remove battery terminal then checked with electrician he told me main fuse box ( all mini relays and all connect black box) is loosen and some parts wearoff and cant repair told me to replace

So anybody knows a place to buy this box with all fuses or is there any good place to do such works pls let me know.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

this is the first time i've heard of a fuse box "Wearing off" :(

usually, some contact cleaner can sort out deposits issues.

any chance of a picture of this unit?

Assuming this is the fuse box in the engine bay... a fuse box from another car should be able to be "jerry-rigged" in.

this is the first time i've heard of a fuse box "Wearing off" :(

usually, some contact cleaner can sort out deposits issues.

any chance of a picture of this unit?

Assuming this is the fuse box in the engine bay... a fuse box from another car should be able to be "jerry-rigged" in.

Maybe he means shorted out? You have got to take the fuses out quite a bit to wear the box out. lol.

Dear all,

The fuse box at close to the battery i,ll get a foto and upload mechanic told me main wire harness and all other wires out from fuse board is loosen and ' DIRALA' and unable to fix always when vibration (engine starts) its get shorts so told me to find a new one and replace (all wires to be re connect ) so im afraid to give this work to normal electrician pls help me to find a expert.

thanks.

My question is, what part does the fuse box play in the operation of a cooling fan after the key has been removed, That would be related to a stuck jerry-rigged relay. Was the radiator thermostat removed/replaced/"adjusted" at any point?

Edit: However, considering the heat wave we're going through, could it be possible that your cooling system stays active after engine shut off? A few cars will do that under certain conditions.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

Dear ,

I didnt do any repair or replacement of thamostat or related parts its happened suddenly firstday i just switch off the engine and take off the key and went to office i didnt notice specially as do it everyday but evening couldnt start so check the battery fully discharged but couldnt find a reason then battery seller told me i may left the car somethin 'on' so next day i carefully checked the car after switchoff and take the key back then hear the fan sound but no stops wait 5min result the same then i remove the battery terminal finally electrician told to replace the fuse box as it has above faults.

thanks.

Dear ,

I didnt do any repair or replacement of thamostat or related parts its happened suddenly firstday i just switch off the engine and take off the key and went to office i didnt notice specially as do it everyday but evening couldnt start so check the battery fully discharged but couldnt find a reason then battery seller told me i may left the car somethin 'on' so next day i carefully checked the car after switchoff and take the key back then hear the fan sound but no stops wait 5min result the same then i remove the battery terminal finally electrician told to replace the fuse box as it has above faults.

thanks.

Ok, the way I see it, even if you had to replace the entire fusebox it is not a big deal as technically you can rebuild the fusebox (its not a complicated mechanism) and since you still have the current fuesebox with the wires attached you can create the same, even if you can't find a replacement fusebox.

My suggestion is go to a reputed auto electrician like Pala Auto Electricals and get their advice. There may be more than one issue here. The problem is possibly that the plastics around the copper connectors are corroded and brittle causing the copper components to short out. if it is the copper components, some contact cleaner, insulation tape and creative use of cable ties for repositioning should sort the problem out. Mind you I am not familiar with the Spectra engine layout so I am talking blind.

Keep us updated on how it goes, this be valuable information since its the first documented case on A/L of a crapped out fuse box.

Edited by terrabytetango

I do my AC matters at my friend place when i told him , hired a good electrician he did nice job dismantle fuse box and soldered all sections with copper small plates and wires firmly fix and i think he coated 'SALAK' or something smiler and fix it . now ok. it costs around 9000.