• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Cy2A Opinions

nilakicha

Hi Guys,

Been searching for a Car to upgrade from a Civic ES8, with decent power, good consumption and handling included, cos' I've got so used to the handling and response of the Civic, a tad bit too much.

Want to know the opinions of you guys, any owners, or who ever may have driven a Lancer CY2A (2008-2010), whether these consumption figures are real or just dreams, and how is it on power and handling.

Secondly, owning it, maintenance, Spares, servicing, and last on the list, Re-sale value.

I've been considering an Allion, but to hit the power requirement, put the A18 on my list instead of the A15.

Actually, considering the most sensible of elements, it was the Allion or a Corolla 141 which made it to the list, but somehow, a Lancer CY2A caught my eye, and the steed at the back of my mind just jumped out, and thought I'll include that in my list too.

So hopefully, with your input, I'd be able to either, drive one, or chuck it out of the list entirely.

No I'm definitely not gonna add any more options to my list. :)

if i was you i will buy the lancer CY2A or more commonly known as lancer EX to me it's look better than both allion and corolla but i have never driven a one so i can't comment on it but i heard it's have good power and handling and i have driven both allion 240 a15 and corolla 141 they don't handle like a civic eg8 or a ek3 and a a18 will be no difference than a15 in handling department. in corolla 141 response is good i think it's because cvt transmission in it to me still a manual vtec eg8 or a ek3 is response better than corolla 141 i hope this is helped good luck dude. :)

btw is your main requirement is resale value go for allion or a corolla.

Edited by nexus

I thought so too, about the Lancer. Looks plus the handling and breed, plus being used to driving a Civic, its hard to not miss the handling and response part, without guzzling gas.

Looked around for a few good examples of Lancer Ex's in here, but most of them are already gone :( sadly.

Want to test drive one and see how it really feels to drive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Resale value actually is an important factor, but the drive element, took a bigger preference somehow ;-).

• 2 months later...

Any more views from users of Lancer Ex 2008-2010?

Anything particular to be noted and look out for when buying this car? Not really concerned about the resale or the quoted 12-15Kmpl figures. Comfort and reliability along with a reasonable power matters for the buying decision.

I thought so too, about the Lancer. Looks plus the handling and breed, plus being used to driving a Civic, its hard to not miss the handling and response part, without guzzling gas.

Looked around for a few good examples of Lancer Ex's in here, but most of them are already gone :( sadly.

Want to test drive one and see how it really feels to drive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Resale value actually is an important factor, but the drive element, took a bigger preference somehow ;-).

If you are buying the vehicle second hand, you don't really need to worry about resale value of a Japanese car. After the initial depreciation, its almost unheard of for a popular model to lose value.

if i was you i will buy the lancer CY2A or more commonly known as lancer EX to me it's look better than both allion and corolla but i have never driven a one so i can't comment on it but i heard it's have good power and handling and i have driven both allion 240 a15 and corolla 141 they don't handle like a civic eg8 or a ek3 and a a18 will be no difference than a15 in handling department. in corolla 141 response is good i think it's because cvt transmission in it to me still a manual vtec eg8 or a ek3 is response better than corolla 141 i hope this is helped good luck dude. :)

btw is your main requirement is resale value go for allion or a corolla.

Dear Member, My father has a Toyota alion 260 it also has a cvt gear box. I also have a buddy who loves his Honda civic. He never give others to drive his car :) so unfortunately I've never driven a Honda civic :( but i must say it has a crappy back seat :) we went to kandy on our way home my buddy started vomiting right after getting down from the car :) but that car is real fast and no mods are done I think its one of the best civics in SL. One of my other friends dad has this lancer EX model. According to him its a fast and economical car but I don't have any first hand experiences. I personally like it.

Edited by kevin1462

but i must say it has a crappy back seat :)

we went to kandy on our way home my buddy started vomiting right after getting down from the car

I believe vomiting and the crappy back seats doesn't relate to each other right? :)

btw, One of my mates got an FD1 with beige interior (fabric?) seats and I don't think they are that bad.

As OP mentioned, he would go out from Civic track so no point in talking about civics I guess;)

I believe vomiting and the crappy back seats doesn't relate to each other right? :)

btw, One of my mates got an FD1 with beige interior (fabric?) seats and I don't think they are that bad.

As OP mentioned, he would go out from Civic track so no point in talking about civics I guess;)

What my friend owns is not a fd1 its an older model. I must agree other toyotas in the same age have crappy back seats maybe because those seats are used so much. I've never sat on a brand new car. I hate to go in the back of old cars maybe because I'm tall (6ft 4inches). I don't like our old car (Nissan fb15) back seat also. Edited by kevin1462

What my friend owns is not a fd1 its an older model. I must agree other toyotas in the same age have crappy back seats maybe because those seats are used so much. I've never sat on a brand new car. I hate to go in the back of old cars maybe because I'm tall (6ft 4inches). I don't like our old car (Nissan fb15) back seat also.

I think your fear of back seats is probably due to you getting molested while sitting in the back seat. Am I right?

• Like 1

What my friend owns is not a fd1 its an older model. I must agree other toyotas in the same age have crappy back seats maybe because those seats are used so much. I've never sat on a brand new car. I hate to go in the back of old cars maybe because I'm tall (6ft 4inches). I don't like our old car (Nissan fb15) back seat also.

so you ridden in your friends car but you don't know the which model it is. :sad-smiley-066:

My personal opinion is that out of all the cars mentioned above, the Lancer EX is the better looking one. I just love those evil demonic head lamps and the whole aggressive font end. But then again, I’m biased towards Lancers. :)

I’ve driven an EX once. A 1.6L manual and it felt pretty damn good. It’s got a spacious interior plus it’s very comfortable. My friend’s dad who owns it claims that it does 12km/l on average during his daily drive to work in Colombo.

I doubt you will have trouble finding spares at the agent. Cost however is a different story. It’s probably too early to judge but I hope that the EX is as reliable as its fellow ancestors.

@Davy - I wasnt aware that there is a 1.6 L version of Ex available in SL.

Any one of you have made a second hand purchase of Lancer Ex, anything particular to watch out for?

On a sidenote, is there a different process involved in getting a car that was bought initially on a permit ( 3 years have elapsed since then)?

Thanks

so you ridden in your friends car but you don't know the which model it is. :sad-smiley-066:

I'm not much of a civic fan :) my friend calls it as new civic as he used to own a gran civic previously. I really don't want to Google and tell the model I'm trying to be honest.

I think your fear of back seats is probably due to you getting molested while sitting in the back seat. Am I right?

I don't want to be rude to you although you are rude to me so I thought of commenting. No not such a thing has happen to me. Do you know me personally? why can't you stand my posts?