• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hey guys I want to convert my permit 520d lights to HID Xenon lights. Does anybody know how much its gonna cost for HID conversion? (Xenon conversion) and where can I get it done.

I guess this is kinda pointless, since in this case, too many people are gonna remember and point this out, but you really didn't have to mention your permit 520d. Just saying "how can I convert my 520d" etc, might have better results.

You know someone is gonna jump in with some garandiya talk when you write things like this. Part of life.

Just take it under general advise, too late for this thread.

I guess this is kinda pointless, since in this case, too many people are gonna remember and point this out, but you really didn't have to mention your permit 520d. Just saying "how can I convert my 520d" etc, might have better results.

You know someone is gonna jump in with some garandiya talk when you write things like this. Part of life.

Just take it under general advise, too late for this thread.

May I know how permit 520d becomes a garadiya talk. I thought point of buying from a permit is you buy a car for cheap. So its kind a way that poor people buy cars. Rich people dont wanna buy a car from permit. Anyway who has an idea of converting an HID lights.

If you're that much poor why do you want a BMW in the first place. Like I said, I have a Loyd's Credit card with sterling pound want to buy a Giorgio Armani while in my Italian vacation.

What I buy is my business and how much money I spend on a car is my business, so shut the f*** up man.

Anyway anybody has some ideas about converting HID lights in sri lanka

you just need to find out which bulb your car runs and find an appropriate HID conversion kit. you get high beam on HID;s and bi xenons too.

Without projector lenses it wont be perfect but these days, plenty people run HID's on stock halogen housings.

look at weekend classifieds for installing places if you dont wanna do it DIY.

also plenty threads on this topic so running search might have saved you from the troll!

While I was eating my French cuisine in Atlantic Cruise, I saw my private Jet bringing my swiss wife alone with my brand new Koenigsegg. Not to mention what she is look like with that diamond neckless which I bought her with my off shore Credit card.

If she was inside the plane, how can you see what she looks like in the diamond necklace?? FAIL!

Anybody has an idea what I need to buy, Do I need to buy bixenon for low beam and light and hi beam for hi beam lights. (I check philips lights and its $269.00 for 2. Anybody has an idea how much is in Pet#o La#ka.

run a search. discussed plenty times before

Your best bet would be to get proper BMW parts for your "permit 520d". Better than any half-baked aftermarket job done locally. Check with the agents to see if they can get down the parts, and also visit the BMW forums on the internets, they will have a wealth of information. If you have anymore questions, do as Ripper says above.

May I know how permit 520d becomes a garadiya talk. I thought point of buying from a permit is you buy a car for cheap. So its kind a way that poor people buy cars. Rich people dont wanna buy a car from permit. Anyway who has an idea of converting an HID lights.

I just gave you some friendly advice dude. I don't consider it garandiya talk. But as you can see by some of the sarcasm, not everyone thinks like that.

It was hovering aboeve so you can see whats inside.. As this dude's wife is lucky, So how about a little chat mate.

Oh T-Bag u r still alive, This bugger is a looser he commented on one of my previous wall and he asked about a whether I got raped by a Lexus, and this looser pressing on and on about it but when I reply to it he got away, and he is not even commenting on it. Heres the link to that forum guys read this and see what a looser this is.

Guys stop bugging him, We just need help bro, even I want to know where can I do the HID conversion fr my permit 520D when it arrives in sri lanka,

as the prestige company says they wont do any conversions due to mechanical problems might be a issue to avoid warranty so I just need a Expert in sl to do the HID conversion please help...

Really Appreciate it guys!

I think the salient point here is that permit beamers have the same light fittings as non permit beamers. So it was pointless mentioning that.

As someone pointed out, your prestige warranty might be void if you pimp the lights. There are many places which do HID conversions. It depends on the type of light fitting you have.

Try b@r@ stereo in dehiwala. I got a driving light convo there texted me 10,000.

• 2 years later...
I got a spare HID kit which came with H4 bulbs, will it be possible to fix H3 bulbs to that kit? Do different type bulbs come with different ballasts(same watts)?

H4 has both high and low beam and H3 has only 1 right? If i was in your situation i would try to exchange the H4 kit with a H3 kit without trying to buy bulb replacement kit.

H4 has both high and low beam and H3 has only 1 right? If i was in your situation i would try to exchange the H4 kit with a H3 kit without trying to buy bulb replacement kit.

Yes that's true but HID bulbs aren't directly connected to the ballasts, they are connected via wires so if the wires would match then it'll be fine i guess

This is one of my ballast it doesnt mention anything about bulb type

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Edited by Magnum

Yes that's true but HID bulbs aren't directly connected to the ballasts, they are connected via wires so if the wires would match then it'll be fine i guess

This is one of my ballast it doesnt mention anything about bulb type

Yes yes.. What i meant to say is in your H4 HID Kit both input and output will have H4 holders right? So you will have to change the input holder and 2 output holders right? (Sorry i can't remember exactly it been couple of years since i change to HID).

BTW I saw wire kits in ebay but not sure about the quality and safety. Since you are playing with high voltage you should think about the quality right? :medium-smiley-037: