• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trim Paint

H.C

Guys,

Please help me to find a paint to restore my car door and body trim.(exterior) Its originally in flat black and now few chips have fallen ,exposing underline chrome. I did find few matching paints in the net, like plastidip and dupli-colour,but i dought wheather they are available here. Are there any alternatives here to paint it?

Thanks in advance,

HC.

Yes machan, plastidip would be the best bet, but i dont think its available here. Are there any alternatives here?. Hope MD or somebody with experience in car restoration will help me out.

Same thing is happening in my car. Wouldn't normal matte black paint work for these?

Btw H.C, you have a civic eg right?

Yes machan,its a civic eg with metalic red paint. normal flat black wont stick to chrome parts machan.( i painted whole car about 1y back ). There's god DIY write up at civic-eg.com regarding trim restoration and there are specific primer paints as well. I'm looking for some sort of a paint at least, that can be sprayed on top of the chrome.

Macho you can have the chrome parts anodised in black or red or whatever color you like. I heard that the electroplating guy near the wellawatte bridge in galle road (where they cut a huge tree today) just after Williams does it now.

That'll give you an even finish that won't chip or fade. And if you anodise in black and apply a flat clear laquer (rather pricey at 2000 per 250cc) I think you'll get the right finish.

Macho you can have the chrome parts anodised in black or red or whatever color you like. I heard that the electroplating guy near the wellawatte bridge in galle road (where they cut a huge tree today) just after Williams does it now.

That'll give you an even finish that won't chip or fade. And if you anodise in black and apply a flat clear laquer (rather pricey at 2000 per 250cc) I think you'll get the right finish.

Thanks mate!. Need to go there. For the moment i sprayed flat black today and suprisingly it held quite well.

So which paint did you use? And how much was it?

I used Bosny flat black 400ml can (460 Rs). Machan use enough masking tape and newspapers to cover and the finished product was much better than my paint bas work :)

I used Bosny flat black 400ml can (460 Rs). Machan use enough masking tape and newspapers to cover and the finished product was much better than my paint bas work :)

Did u use this on the door pillar trims as well machan ? how did u clean the surface before painting ?

Any chance of posting some pics ? :D

Edited by NRX

Did u use this on the door pillar trims as well machan ? how did u clean the surface before painting ?

Any chance of posting some pics ? :D

Actually door pillar trim is really good shape and i didnt paint it. Actually what i did was not the perfect way and just sanded it with 400 paper.( idealy you have to remove it , use a sand paper to get rid of old paints and apply a primer before the paint). I'll post a pic tomorrow as im at my work place today with 3mp phone cam!