• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dhanushkapg

Question

Dear Expert.

there is a sound on when start AC on my FB 15. It not seems like regular sound that AC belt faulty ( Not such huge noise). When i drop water in to the AC belt when it is working that sound stop. after some time later again it came. Some time it may be belt issue. ( according to my point of view it happen due " Belt Eka Kara weema or Rough of the belt) , Is anyone have solution for this issue or will i have to replace AC belt. ?

your answers are valuable

18 answers to this question

Dear Expert.

there is a sound on when start AC on my FB 15. It not seems like regular sound that AC belt faulty ( Not such huge noise). When i drop water in to the AC belt when it is working that sound stop. after some time later again it came. Some time it may be belt issue. ( according to my point of view it happen due " Belt Eka Kara weema or Rough of the belt) , Is anyone have solution for this issue or will i have to replace AC belt. ?

It looks like a lose belt for me!

Dear Expert.

Man I had the same experience and also a friend of me who is a good mechanic dropped water in to the AC belt and sound was gone. What he has done was he made the belt tighter by increasing the distance between the ends of the belt (move the position of the AC motor a little bit), all you need is a spanner, no need to change the belt. It worked in my Nissan March! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by waka

Man I had the same experience and also a friend of me who is a good mechanic dropped water in to the AC belt and sound was gone. What he has done was he made the belt tighter by increasing the distance between the ends of the belt (move the position of the AC motor a little bit), all you need is a spanner, no need to change the belt. It worked in my Nissan March! :sport-smiley-004:

good MAKA BAS advice, replace the belt as others advised

• Like 2

Hi mates, My FB 15 has the same issue and gonna replace the belt. Any particular brand you recommend??? Thanks.

If it is poly V grove belt then check your pulleys,also for their V groves. If they are wasted if so you have to replace or reface the V groves of the wasted pulley.

I had the problem in one of my vehicles even changing a expensive belt every 1000 Kilometers had the slipping noise.

On careful examination I noticed the crank pulley had polished top on v groves. All three poly V belts which I had changed the bottom of their V groves of them were polished due to slip and no grip to the pulley on them.

I put crank pulley on the lathe and made the new groves so that the pulley slip will not happen.Until I sold that vehicle never had any more belt slip.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Better put a genuine Nissan belt. (Abt Rs 1400/=).

[Alternate is Mits*Bos**]

If it is poly V grove belt then check your pulleys,also for their V groves. If they are wasted if so you have to replace or reface the V groves of the wasted pulley.

I had the problem in one of my vehicles even changing a expensive belt every 1000 Kilometers had the slipping noise.

On careful examination I noticed the crank pulley had polished top on v groves. All three poly V belts which I had changed the bottom of their V groves of them were polished due to slip and no grip to the pulley on them.

I put crank pulley on the lathe and made the new groves so that the pulley slip will not happen.Until I sold that vehicle never had any more belt slip.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Noted with thanks

My FB15 has some AC Noise issue. For me it not like AC belt slipping noice. when I am inside the vehicle I hear some annoying noise through the AC Vents which increases with the speed of fan. Simply the AC system is bit noisy. Anybody here have experienced such a issue?

Regards !!

Edited by Nilupa

My FB15 has some AC Noise issue. For me it not like AC belt slipping noice. when I am inside the vehicle I hear some annoying noise through the AC Vents which increases with the speed of fan. Simply the AC system is bit noisy. Anybody here have experienced such a issue?

Regards !!

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please be more specific on the noise? Is it a whine? a roar? a click?

Regards !!

When did you last get your AC serviced? It could be the blower or just items stuck in the ventilation ducts sometimes taken around by mice! Just let your usual AC technician investigate. The problem with noises is its very difficult to give a clear explanation, as in what sounds like kara kara to one may sounds like something else to another!

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sylvi,

i seem to have the same problem. where can i go and get this done.