• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Tax Reduce

palliyaguru

Hi All ,

I got a

news

which is telling, the government is going to reduce vehicle taxes again within next 3 months, couple of my friends who working on government sector also told me the same thing.

Is any body knows about that , or can it happen

Thanks

BR

Palliyaguru

• Like 1

Nope.. After the NSB crisis treasure department thinking to collect more not to spend more.. How many things do you know in SL that gone to sky high came down? Saw in a news line a munk told to the government to invest with buried treasures. How stupid is that? Now SL need a miracle to fill the financial gap between exports and imports. Do you still think that will happen??

Hi

Yes , i know all the things u r telling can be true , according to the book and the theory as u telling , government will not think about reduce taxes and also they should avoid all the imports to over come from this economical mess, but some of my friends told me that the vehicle importers who helped to the government are pushing to reduce taxes because they gonna lost their market very quickly. People not even think to buy a vehicle.

And also when we come to India vehicle market , i think they will have a biggest lost , i don't think any body 'll buy a alto for 2 million :)

BR

Palliyaguru

I think that's the best thing government can do to the society. As long as those cheap Indian craps out from the road people survive. importing selling or buying cheap vehicles not only effect owner's life but also health risk to mass population.. Bringing down cheap cars because its affordable is rubbish. If you can't afford a good European or Japanese car please use the public transport. Don't buy D*MO batta or alto or cheap chana because you have only that much money. "Athe athi mudalata ganna puluwan vahana wikunana un thamai rata kanne"

Edited by T-Bag
  • Like 1

Hi

i am totally agreed with T-Bag , government shod measure the quality of the vehicle as same as the year. worth of the 5 years old Japan or European vehicle is far better than the brand new Indian one. Unfortunately sri lankans are not lucky enough to have a good vehicle because of these bloody unfair taxes.

One of my friend tald me, now sri Lanka is between the top 5 countries which impose the highest vehicle taxes in the world. :speechless-smiley-006:

PR

Palliyaguru

• Like 1