• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance Company ?

akboselk

How much was the quote?

I got Rs. 55000 for Rs. 35 Lakhs from MB*L. If you want the contact person I can give. It was a comprehensive cover with all the natural disasters and terrorism etc etc.

I got 72,000/- (full option), however pls give the contact person of MB#L

thanks for the feedback.

and how long you with Asian aliance ?

Did you go through an agent ? and how long they taken to settle your claims ?

thanks

Went through an agent. Took about five working days to settle everything, thats between me putting the car into the garage and showing it to them. They did give me an advance on my claim since I wanted to go out and buy the parts myself instead of letting the garage shop for parts and put it on one bill. Eitherway they wrote the check in favour of me and not the garage.

BTW a side mirror on my vehicle is not cheap and they had no issues paying for it.

thanks for the feedback.

and how long you with Asian aliance ?

Did you go through an agent ? and how long they taken to settle your claims ?

thanks

Went through an agent. Took about five working days to settle everything, thats between me putting the car into the garage and showing it to them. They did give me an advance on my claim since I wanted to go out and buy the parts myself instead of letting the garage shop for parts and put it on one bill. Eitherway they wrote the check in favour of me and not the garage.

BTW a side mirror on my vehicle is not cheap and they had no issues paying for it.

Hi

have you any experience about the service quality of Asian Ali###nce ? (because i get a good offer for 3.5 mil vehicle from them)

Thanks

I just start the 3rd year policy with AA. During the first year got a claim without any issue. This time got 13% discount for premium.

hi

thanks to all for the given feedback

If i settle with a insurance company for my initial year (i do leasing the vehicle) and If i m not happy with the insurance company, then can I change it in next year ?

If yes, Is this type of thing allow by leasing companies ?

Thanks

thanks for the info. i too am on the fence with the renewal since union a jacked up the rate even when i didn't make a single claim. So defa i'm gonna move away from them.

will call you to get the contact :D

• 7 months later...

thanks for the info. i too am on the fence with the renewal since union a jacked up the rate even when i didn't make a single claim. So defa i'm gonna move away from them.

will call you to get the contact :D

Hey ripper,

Did get your Insurance from Asian Ali###nce?If so how was it.Any Issues with them?

• 5 months later...

Hey guys - I'm bumping this thread 'cos I too am probably close to making a jump from AIA to AA purely on financial grounds and my evaluation of my claim risk.

AIA (formerly Aviva) has been superb on the service side though (5 claims in 3 years - zero hassle, delay or questions) but they jacked up premium and stamped an excess on me, even when it was only 1 claim last year - the manager I spoke to, was not budging.

You do get what you pay for but I have not heard anything bad about Asian A: would that mean it's all (generally) good?

Sri Lanka Ins*** - worst when come to getting the claim money on time. If you don't go there and bother them, it will take minimum 2 weeks to get the payment. One of my claim (Only Rs. 19,000) took more than 1 month to get the money in my account.

MBS* - Only took 3 days to get the money. Not undercutting any quotations. has good experience with them.

I switched from SL I******* to Union and got a reduction on my premium too.. My garage guys said SL I******* now takes an age to pay... What ever happens stay away from c*nt****al ins**an** which is rubbish and has been blacklisted by many garages.. Every single other insurance company will be better than them for sure!

Edited by YRD

I switched from SL I******* to Union and got a reduction on my premium too.. My garage guys said SL I******* now takes an age to pay... What ever happens stay away from continental insurance which is rubbish and has been blacklisted by many garages.. Every single other insurance company will be better than them for sure!

Agreed, SL insurance take minimum 2 weeks to get the claim. averagely 4 weeks (if you don't find out what is going on)

They will tell

1.file is still at branch, hasn't received that

2 file is with clerk,

3. file is with audit,

4. file has been sent to manager for final approval

5. file is ready for check print(this will be tell whole week)

6. check will be printed soon (2-3 days)

7. money deposited (after 3-4 weeks)

also, if you have hand over any documents to insurance person who came to see your vehicle, it will be lost and you will be in big trouble. Don't hand over claim documents and bills to that guy. To expedite the process always

1. go to head office to show the vehicle after the repair

2. Hand over the damage parts on time

3. hand over all the original documents and bills on time (keep photo copies with you)

4. Ask for claim breakdown after you get the cheque.

Members,

As YRD post says to avoid a insurance company I too agree with him. I have insured with several companies in the past since Insurance was liberalized.

I have found U A is the best to me.The general impression is that once the policy is taken, all under the sun is covered.

This leads to a shocking situation to the insured when the claim becomes not payable.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 years later...
c******o

SL I*******

j********i

HNB

are best in my point of view

Never trust J***a***thi. I have really really bad experience with them. Better to not insure and save that money in a savings account than to insure with them!

Edited by isam

I know for a fact that Asian Alliance paid the maximum Claim % among all in the FY 14/15.

Asian Alliance attempted to screw one of our members (chan5)... He fought back with the help of other members and he finally got a decent claim....

All insurance companies will try to screw customers. The best insurance company is the company in which you have a close friend....

I was with MBSL. Never had any issues.