• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bajaj Re 60-Worlds Cheapest Car

fiat fan

http://magazine.lankahelp.com/2012/01/12/the-world-cheapest-car-bajaj-re60-will-be-in-sri-lanka-market-soon/

thats the site

I heard they are going to get production here as well.hope it doesnt be having a sky rocket price like nano...

it looks much better than nano.Il be eager to see one...

Cheers.

wtf is that, IMO it looks worst than the nano, but being said that opening up a production line here would be a great idea looking at the number unemployed

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 3

look at the positive side guys. they are gonna open up a production line here that'll give more job opportunities and this could be the beginning of investments by foreign automobile companies.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, but it is exciting news if they plan to open a production line here. Itll hopefully lead to more car companies setting up here

Doubt it. Our market is too small for bigger manufacturers to setup shop.

Good to hear it will be manufactured in SL. Might be a better alternative to the motorbike and threewheeler? Kinda handy thing to drop off kids and go to grocery :)

What benefit do you think bajaj will have by manufacturing this in SL as opposed to their already-familiar, larger-market home country? That article sounds more like some pathetic government propaganda/rumour trying to put a silver lining to a BIG BIG dark cloud we call our country's economy..

This micro Panda is assembled here right ? .... but there are much more Maruti's and Altos's sold than the local product.

Which means its much cheaper to make these in India even to compensate for the high duty rates, or it could be that the Govt is not offering the Micro a better concession. ?

What benefit do you think bajaj will have by manufacturing this in SL as opposed to their already-familiar, larger-market home country? That article sounds more like some pathetic government propaganda/rumour trying to put a silver lining to a BIG BIG dark cloud we call our country's economy..

Not sure. but they are going to open assembly lines in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria and Latin America.

http://www.nation.lk/edition/motorist/item/2251-bajaj-re60-to-export-first.html

This type of vehicle has got to be argued as simply representing a total blind alley in motor vehicle development. Baja tart it up with ideas like "personal transportation" and how it sports a "polymer-metal body" and comes in many colours but, you know what, the aspirational motorist moving up a bit on "family GDP" and coming into the 4-wheel market for the first time DGAF. They want a proper car. And the horrible thing is that the entry level, cheapish to build, hey it runs like a proper car and does "40 miles to the gallon" stuff has all been done so well in the past. Look at the Minor, the MIni, look at the Beetle....and then consider what happened to the not-well-done attempts like the Bonds, the Isetta, the Lloyd, the BMW bubble-car, the Trabbie, and the like....sunk without trace.

And, blimey, gor luv a duck, are folk REALLY considering building an SL production line for these RE60s??? Even poor old North Korea is producing better vehicles! Be more sensible to stand on top of a mountain and tear the banknotes up. 'Course we could just make ownership of these vehicles compulsory. Now there's an idea.

Another junk like Micro trend, Panda, Demo Batta and Chery QQ

At least cars go faster, I hate when 3wheels staying on the middle of the road and sticking to 30kmph with earplugs on for the honks.

Its got the same three wheeler engine (200CC). WIth the added weight of the vehicle, will it ever reach 70km/h?

And I wonder if its got the starting lever too :D

yes i think it just the 3 wheeler in a 4 wheel version......looks crampy. there was another van i saw that was being built by tata i think which had a 400cc engine ....somewhat...

Firstly, this is the replacement from Bajaj for rickshaw market. just like "magic iris" from tata so that these ricks vanish away from Indian streets. the "boxy" a log piece like look is because, this RE 60 has to pass ARAI(giyf) safety norms. It is not a car for private buyers.

people in India prefer driving around hatchbacks like swift,santro,i10,i20,polo,micra,pulse etc than this taxi. alto has lost market for swift from few months in India. I guess, Maruti Suzuki Cervo JDM car is expected in India which will hopefully regain market share for maruti in low cost hatchbacks.

Edited by vercool80