• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb14 Distributor Prices

hhrxz

guys what is the price of a good fb14 distributor.Can you recommend me any good places to buy around colombo.tanx

Distributor leaks oil.can this error code be recovered by putting a o-ring??or is this ecu error comes because the crank sensor failed permanently?

Edited by hhrxz

guys what is the price of a good fb14 distributor.Can you recommend me any good places to buy around colombo.tanx

Try the Watte area in Panchikawatte if you are looking for a used one. Depending on the issues with your distributor getting it repaired or getting a brand new one should also be considered. If memory serves me right pioneer motors in Panchikawatte is a good place for Nissan spares.

Try the Watte area in Panchikawatte if you are looking for a used one. Depending on the issues with your distributor getting it repaired or getting a brand new one should also be considered. If memory serves me right pioneer motors in Panchikawatte is a good place for Nissan spares.

tanx for the info bro.crank sensor has failed.Ecu giving an error.Can the sensor only be replaced here?

I bought one of these for my FB14 from U.S. Motors, Dehiwala few years ago. Can't remember the exact price but it was around Rs 6000 i think. Used it for more than an year until i sold the car. As The Don has mentioned, you should try to repair it before replacing. There are auto electricians who can fix them.

I bought one of these for my FB14 from U.S. Motors, Dehiwala few years ago. Can't remember the exact price but it was around Rs 6000 i think. Used it for more than an year until i sold the car. As The Don has mentioned, you should try to repair it before replacing. There are auto electricians who can fix them.

tanx for your info.yesterday i went for a tune up and my car gives a faulty crank sensor code.and i found some oil leak under the distributor cap.Can this error code occur because of a bad o-ring?

tanx for the info bro.crank sensor has failed.Ecu giving an error.Can the sensor only be replaced here?

Well it depends on if the distributor and the sensor come as 2 units. I think the crank sensor developing issues in Nissan's is quite common and the first thing to do is to clean the sensor thoroughly, replace it and see if it resolves the issues. Yes a faulty o-ring can cause a sensor to fail if its not usually immersed in oil. It sounds like at present you are looking at options and cost. Take the car to a good mechanic, do the easy things first before looking at replacing things like the distributor.

Well it depends on if the distributor and the sensor come as 2 units. I think the crank sensor developing issues in Nissan's is quite common and the first thing to do is to clean the sensor thoroughly, replace it and see if it resolves the issues. Yes a faulty o-ring can cause a sensor to fail if its not usually immersed in oil. It sounds like at present you are looking at options and cost. Take the car to a good mechanic, do the easy things first before looking at replacing things like the distributor.

yes thanks ill first give it a try replacing the o ring.car doesnt give any symptoms.its runs fine.all that i noticed was a reduction in fuel consumption.

Edited by hhrxz

yes thanks ill first give it a try replacing the o ring.car doesnt give any symptoms.its runs fine.all that i noticed was a reduction in fuel consumption.

Yeah, replace the oring, and clean all associated components thoroughly, reset the ECU and see if the readings go back to normal.

• Like 1