• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Buy Hybrid Oil (0W-20)?

YRD

Hi guys..

Does anyone know where to buy the proper oil for hybrid vehicles.. I mean the manufacturer specified 0W-20 & not the 0W-30 that Stafford & Toyota try to sell to u claiming it's recommended for the hybrids..

Thanks,

Yusuf

I don't think there's a special oil for Hybrids. Use the same brands that you would use for a conventional one.

There was a thread talking about stafford and what they sell. search and you'll find

I don't think there's a special oil for Hybrids. Use the same brands that you would use for a conventional one.

There was a thread talking about stafford and what they sell. search and you'll find

Only A/C Compressor gas is deferent from others.. It use non electric pass liquid. Other than the engine is normal petrol one.

Thanks guys. What I meant was i'm looking for that specific grade (0W-20) which is stated in the user's manual.. Stafford sells Motul 0W-30 for Rs. 2600/= per 1 litre can.. I want to use what is recommended & not what they are trying to palm off on me..

Thanks guys. What I meant was i'm looking for that specific grade (0W-20) which is stated in the user's manual.. Stafford sells Motul 0W-30 for Rs. 2600/= per 1 litre can.. I want to use what is recommended & not what they are trying to palm off on me..

Yes.. Always go with your instincts..

I need help to find it.. No one seems to be selling it over here.. So i'm trying to find a shop or retailer..

If you really want (0w20) use Toyota 0W20 Synthetic on toyota motor oil. Can purchase from Toyota lanka, i think.

Toyota Lanka only has 5W-30 semi-synthetic oil... Any other suggestions of where I maybe able to find 0W-20 guys?

In here we have in walmart on Valvoline and mobil. So I guess SL has agent for those brands, try with them.

Toyota Lanka only has 5W-30 semi-synthetic oil... Any other suggestions of where I maybe able to find 0W-20 guys?

Generally the place to go looking is at Motorcade. Dunno if they have the grade you want, but worth a shot.

I would say going for the 0W-30 would be better. We're a tropical country so having a slightly thicker engine oil will be better on the engine I think. Might be the reason Stafford sell it as opposed to the 0W-20.

I would say going for the 0W-30 would be better. We're a tropical country so having a slightly thicker engine oil will be better on the engine I think. Might be the reason Stafford sell it as opposed to the 0W-20.

I initially thought so too.. So when I went to Singapore (similar weather to ours) I paid a visit to the Honda service center n they only use 0w-20. I asked them why n they said that the fuel efficiency will take a hit with anything else n also the lubrication passages n channel in the insight are really small n that the only other option that should be considered is 5W-20 (which is also not available in Sri Lanka)...

To confirm what Kah Motors said (Honda Singapore) I fired a quick call to Honda Malaysia.. They too said the same thing.. So as u can see i'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma...

I initially thought so too.. So when I went to Singapore (similar weather to ours) I paid a visit to the Honda service center n they only use 0w-20. I asked them why n they said that the fuel efficiency will take a hit with anything else n also the lubrication passages n channel in the insight are really small n that the only other option that should be considered is 5W-20 (which is also not available in Sri Lanka)...

To confirm what Kah Motors said (Honda Singapore) I fired a quick call to Honda Malaysia.. They too said the same thing.. So as u can see i'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma...

It not like you are not going to use the car till you find the right type right? Suggest you go with the next best type that they tell you.

Spending a lot of time infront of the TV, aren’t we…

Captivity of the negativity...

For the topic, I think you must contact the Honda agent in SL. (I don't know who some member will tell and nude me over this too..) Follow what they say, and surely you're not the only one has that particular model in SL. So it might help you and don't forget to post the agents voice.