• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

So Sad!

Kim

well. recently end up with a [manual] Carina Ti - and wanted to do the original GT body kit. After all it has messed up a little with 2 different sides of the front lip, left side is original GT (since it was taken from a original car, lip is plastic) and the right side has become more like Allions right lip which has been done using fiber.

and WOT is interesting is dat the painter blames the person who did the kit, and he(person who did the kit) put the totall guilt @ the painter.. and the customer which is ME being crazily LOST at the moment..

advice 1: never try to do original japanese kits for your car. i belive it cannot be done as it is!

advice 2: if you look for a specific model, (eg. GT) wait till you get a one, even it takes months or years for you to find wot your looking for..

advice 3: wherever u give the your vehicle to do wotever work, PLEASE learn yourself to remain @ the place till your work it done, monitor da work, and get it done 'cos your paying for it!!

advice 4: @ garages they promise many things, dont be too late to realize dats JUST another bussiness for them!! dont expect neat work from anyone, ALL are SHIT!

- if i knew dat they mess ma car, i would rather learn to do fiber and da paint and would have done it my self. u know.. this world SO SUCKS!!!!!!

either i get rid of da CAR! or the kit! which ever comes first..

well. recently end up with a [manual] Carina Ti - and wanted to do the original GT body kit. After all it has messed up a little with 2 different sides of the front lip, left side is original GT (since it was taken from a original car, lip is plastic) and the right side has become more like Allions right lip which has been done using fiber.

and WOT is interesting is dat the painter blames the person who did the kit, and he(person who did the kit) put the totall guilt @ the painter.. and the customer which is ME being crazily LOST at the moment..

advice 1: never try to do original japanese kits for your car. i belive it cannot be done as it is!

advice 2: if you look for a specific model, (eg. GT) wait till you get a one, even it takes months or years for you to find wot your looking for..

advice 3: wherever u give the your vehicle to do wotever work, PLEASE learn yourself to remain @ the place till your work it done, monitor da work, and get it done 'cos your paying for it!!

advice 4: @ garages they promise many things, dont be too late to realize dats JUST another bussiness for them!! dont expect neat work from anyone, ALL are SHIT!

- if i knew dat they mess ma car, i would rather learn to do fiber and da paint and would have done it my self. u know.. this world SO SUCKS!!!!!!

either i get rid of da CAR! or the kit! which ever comes first..

get rid of the kit not the car. and chill out.

get rid of the kit not the car. and chill out.

Dims,

left side front lip is original, right side was fiber..and had to be done accordingly by looking @ the left. but a big NO! it has a difference.. :P

Kim,

Thought you wanted GT. And only a GT!

What made you settle for a Ti? Get rid of the Kit man. I have been down your path, and nothing sucks more than an ugly body kit.

If you are after performance why not get the VZR off max.

ther wernt GT's to buy VWvortex. i was looking for something pleasent, but both which was on sale were not gud in condition :P and i 've been waitting around a month, and finally found atleast a manual Carina and thought i mite settle with this for the moment.

how much money did u spend on d kit n who did it? jus redo a kit...dont try to get a specific GT kit...get ur own design bro...i've seen spruced up carina's abroad n none of em hav a standard GT kit but dey'r still stunners...heck most GT owners abroad change deir standard kit

dont get rid of d car

Kim,

From what i read, it sounds like your front bumper is the only part of the kit that is messed up.

1. As Velocity says, forget abt the front bumper and chill out.

2. If the the rest of the kit is ok, concentrate on making sure the balance work is done properly.

3. Important: If the paint is complete, let it weather for 3 weeks before compounding/polishing- it'll make a hell of a difference to the final finish.

4. If your problem is with the fibre add-ons, the good thing is that it can be sorted out with a little patience and time.

9/10 times, things in Sri Lanka have to be done twice/thrice over before its done right.

good luck.

Kim,

From what i read, it sounds like your front bumper is the only part of the kit that is messed up.

1. As Velocity says, forget abt the front bumper and chill out.

2. If the the rest of the kit is ok, concentrate on making sure the balance work is done properly.

3. Important: If the paint is complete, let it weather for 3 weeks before compounding/polishing- it'll make a hell of a difference to the final finish.

4. If your problem is with the fibre add-ons, the good thing is that it can be sorted out with a little patience and time.

9/10 times, things in Sri Lanka have to be done twice/thrice over before its done right.

good luck.

Thanx gunat, I think Fiber can be easily redone so i am sure you can easily work with it,

how ever kim just see if you can get a GT Original Front Bumper. What you havd to do is go and knock your car on something small or remove the bumper and say its stolen and call the Insurance and get them to pay for it, I know many kids do it.

But before you do that just see if you can get a GT front fron Kurunegala, I am sure you can find these.

:P

What you havd to do is go and knock your car on something small or remove the bumper and say its stolen and call the Insurance and get them to pay for it, I know many kids do it.

:P

Heh heh! Velocity you know you can be charged for promoting Illegitimate activity :P

And Kim if your insurance is from a particular company Velocity might actually help you bash the front up :P

i'm surprised they screwed up the kit because the GT kit is themost common upgrade done to cars. usually the kit is put on by the sale guys it self. who did you take it to....

either way, don't worry about it. coz no one can see both sides at the same time. so it's all good..