• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Would Be The Best?

mithunperera

Hi all,

Could you please help me to select a good nissan car.

I need to buy a nissan car. But i do not have any idea about Nissan Car. My Budget is around 18LKS and i need to buy a fuel efficient one.

please help me.

What about the n16 and FB14?

Thanks Regards

Mithun Perera

oh what the heck, im gonna ask it anyway.

Why just Nissan?

and for your question, i use a FB14 its not a bad car. does around 10kmpl average

and the N16 does around 9Kmpl average, but i dont think it will be easy to find a N16 for 18lks. and u could buy a FB14 for less than 1.6M

if your going for fuel efficient, try a Nissan March K12 it does slightly more than the FB14 and N16

I need to buy a nissan car. But i do not have any idea about Nissan Car. My Budget is around 18LKS and i need to buy a fuel efficient one.

please help me.

you don't have any idea about cars or just nissan and why you want just a nissan car? any way's since you need a fuel efficient car try toyota ae110 toyota starlet honda civic ek3 and honda city.

FYI nissan cars at that range are many things but been very fuel efficient isn't one if them.

Edited by nexus

Hi,

if your main target is to use a nissan car with a good fuel efficiency with in your budget it reminds me the Fb 14. you could find a 1997,1998 or 1999 one with abs/ d/air bags "G" H" Or J" number plate or another one below 1.6m (301-302). N16 is not very good in fuel when comparing with Fb14. avarage will be around 9-10.also will cost around 1.9-2.2M. if you could increase your budject for another 100k-150k search for Fb15.

Good Luck...

Hi all,

I am going to buy a new car and this is my first car. my budget is around 15laks. my familly didn't have a car also.

therefore i do not have a big idea about car.

can you suugest car types that have good fuel efficency and good condition.

please help me if you have any idea.

price around 15 lks

good fuel efficency

manual

regards,

mithun

Hi all,

I am going to buy a new car and this is my first car. my budget is around 15laks. my familly didn't have a car also.

price around 15 lks

good fuel efficency

manual

regards,

mithun

Try to find a Toyota Corolla AE100 (which is probably realistic for 15lacks) or a pre English number AE110. On the fuel efficiency department they are the best in that category.

• Like 1

Fuel efficiency is a relative term, since you are anyway looking for a manual it should do better on fuel and a lot will depend on how you drive it. Pretty much any manual Nissan ( FB 14 or N 16 ) could do 8 to 10 KMPL, and dont get carried away by people quoting much better numbers.

The second issue of finding a good condition car is more difficult, most cars will have done a lot of millage and might have several owners. You may have cars with lot of millage but which have been maintained well, on the other side you could get ones where the millage has been adjusted. Since you say you have little idea on a car one of the best ways to buy a good car in my view is to buy it from a respectable guy. When u go to see the car check what type of person owned it, you will be amazed as to how much the personality of the guy reflects in the car. Try to avoid car sales.

If you finally decide on a particular car, try and take a known garage guy to inspect it and do a test drive to see if things are ok. Try to get a car with a proper maintenance record file,

• Like 1

Hi all,

price around 15 lks

good fuel efficency

manual

regards,

mithun

my advice is go for a Nissan Sunny FB14

its newer than the AE100

and since its your first car, its better to go for a mainstream car. which has good fuel efficiency, spare parts availability, enough space and you can find a well maintained

1996 (seperate light model) for your budget (300,301.302 series)

Hi all,

price around 15 lks

good fuel efficency

manual

regards,

mithun

since this is your first car try to buy a toyota or nissan because finding spare parts and maintaining them is very easy. these cars are well suited for your needs toyota corolla ae100,honda civic eg8 or ek3,nissan sunny fb14 or mitsubishi lancer ck2 but fb14 and ck2 are not fuel efficient like ae100 or eg8.

as CARBON B4 said when you going to buy one take some one who have knowledge about cars and keep some extra cash in hand just in case if there are any repairs to do on them after you buy them and good luck dude.

btw where are you from

since this is your first car try to buy a toyota or nissan because finding spare parts and maintaining them is very easy. these cars are well suited for your needs toyota corolla ae100,honda civic eg8 or ek3,nissan sunny fb14 or mitsubishi lancer ck2 but fb14 and ck2 are not fuel efficient like ae100 or eg8.

as CARBON B4 said when you going to buy one take some one who have knowledge about cars and keep some extra cash in hand just in case if there are any repairs to do on them after you buy them and good luck dude.

btw where are you from

machan, i thought ck2 (EFI or Carb) is more fuel efficient than eg8 (VTEC or Carb)... is that wrong?

FB14 and AE100 fits the equation and with manual transmission you will have 10+ kmpl. Ample spare parts and know how on repairs will be a comfort. When you get the car, take to a good mechanic, check all the oil conditions, rubber parts (belts, boots, bush, hose etc..). And if required replace them. Check the condition of the coolant and radiator, if fits do a full coolant replacement. If he is good he will inspect other systems (i.e brake, battery etc..).

I do sincerely suggest the above that keep some money to spend on these needy adjustments and repairs. [Mind you, you need cash to but, transfer/register, insurance, emission test, license and also for above mention repairs.]

Last but not least, do a cut and polish and an interior cleaning followed by a good wax. Cut and polish and interior cleaning if required only, but always try to wax at least once a month. You can do it yourself, do not pay for the unskilled at service stations.

Then you will be with an old car but relatively in good condition. Enjoy and drive safe.

P.S My personal view may not matter, I do prefer AE100 over FB14, but that is in my viewpoint based on spares availability and relative reliability.

Edited by varunatech

machan, i thought ck2 (EFI or Carb) is more fuel efficient than eg8 (VTEC or Carb)... is that wrong?

yes you are wrong ck2 efi is do on fuel around 9kmpl in city eg8 vtec will do 10 or more and in outstations eg8 do more kmpl than ck2.

Edited by nexus

• 2 weeks later...

Wot this is srilanka and you only buy Toyata and Nissan?

Hyundai accent - economy

Hyundai Elentra - Luxury

Hyundai Sonata - super Luxury

As I know it. maybe Im wrong but its still better than a Fb15 IMO

3595-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Hyundai accent - economy

Hyundai Elentra - Luxury

Grow up dude. A Elentra may feel like a luxury car to drive with your L board; but its NOT a luxury car. Period.

• Like 1

Well buy a hyundai elentra for that budget you get a luxury car plus it can do 12-14kmpl

okay... tbh yes. even i would go for a Elantra or something similler, but that my personal likeing for Hyundai (Not that its the best or something)

but not a Sonata.. thats Heavy on Fuel

and No.. Elantra is not a Luxury car. its just a 'normal car'

The plus points i could give about it is.. it has Really nice Suspension compared to 15 year old japs in the range

and the YOM is higher.

and the Elantra would MAXIMUM do 10kmpl.. average 7-8

Edited by Schiffer

Hyundai accent - economy

Hyundai Elentra - Luxury

Kid, do you honestly think people should be taking advise on what car to drive from people who don't even know how to spell Toyota properly? What kinda knowledge to you have, to think you can advise someone?

Also, regarding your interests, I assume you mean Porsche? How interested could you be if you still don't know to spell it?

Okey I made a spelling mistake with Toyota and I guess all of you had never had a mistake in your life and you are prefect. Well guess wot we call em porschas cz it has a nice rhyme. all you jap car fans wouldn't know eh? Thanks guys you are prefect for this site. I came here to learn something, but you guys are too hot headed and think some +1 and 1000 posts make you know every single shit about cars. Im outta here. say wot ever you want now. xD

Edited by unknownplan
  • Like 1