• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Volvo S40 Parts/maintenance

son of a Lancer

Greetings folks,

I am planning to buy a Volvo S40 1999 model and I have a few doubts which i would like to clear,

First of all details of the car are,

Its a 2ltr turbo (Auto)

1999 model

Mileage is around 80K

I'd like to know about the spare parts availability, or any places to recommend, and are there reconditioned parts in SL for this model? If so are they like extremely expensive?

Our mechanic went to see the car and he was saying theres a humming noise coming from the gearbox. Any ideas what could it be?

Anybody has used the same model before? Was it extremely a troublesome car in terms of spare part availability, etc (According to my parents ;)

Or is there any reliable places (except the agents) that I can get things done..

Your inputs are highly appreciated..

Thanks a lot in advance ..

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you should serve yourself a hot cup of STFU.

hey watchman i'm sorry for the -vote mate i was trying to give you a +vote but i accidentally click the -vote and there is no way to remove it sorry again bro my bad. :(

p.s peri if you can please remove that -vote from watchman's post. :)

hey watchman i'm sorry for the -vote mate i was trying to give you a +vote but i accidentally click the -vote and there is no way to remove it sorry again bro my bad. :(

p.s peri if you can please remove that -vote from watchman's post. :)

No worries bro... we're beyond the point of being affected by +/- 1..