• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Or Demio?

GoDDy

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Edited by GoDDy

Don has covered it pretty well but there's more to this engine. See in the second generation models the KR engine was the newest in the range and thanks to its size and lightness and efficiency over other options it was the most economical of the range also it was equipped with the auto stop function in the intelligent package. but with the 3rd generation model, with the introduction of the NR engine, it took the lead as the most economical. in the japanese 10-15 mode test it managed 26.5 km/l (which equates to about 17km/l in day to day driving). the 1.0 managed only 23km/l. sure the NR engine features auto stop function but even without it, it does marginally better than the 1.0. and its 69bhp vs. 95 in the NR. so no need to even talk about cross country economy.

Did not know these things. Thank you Jadey! :)

why you shud buy a demio.

1. to enjoy driving(bettr than the vitz)

2. for the sporty interior,

3. for the sporty exterior.

4.being similar in design to the rx8.

why you shud not buy a demio.

1. fuel efficiency is low

2. expensive spare parts.

3, if its too sporty for your old age.

why you shud buy a vitz.

1. efficiency

2. low cost maintanence

3.look of the new model

why you shud nt buy a vitz.

1. too mainstream.

2. not a drivers car

3. expensive unit price.

This forum a gang of multiple registerd guys dominate others. so no point of making arugment.

I am asking from very inteligent you

Go to any main city wait for 15 minites and take numer of Vitz and demio passing you. Any one knows number of Vitz are greater than demio. So ask the Vitz owner why they didn't bought demio. for me that,s enough to breake your very inteligent argument.

and other demio lovers I ask both cars are same price level. So why Sri lankan's own more vitz than demio. Are they all stupid. this is enough to say this forum does not represent the general preference of the people.

That boy got a point.. Some guy whacked earlier saying that he want a revolution.. Democracy ain't the solution.. Anyway, most people buy Vitz because their neighbors have that too.. So karma followed..

Boys time to calm down :)

Lakshan, you should have read my post better :) If you are happy with your fuel economy that is good for you! And the Vitz is a funny example as the 1.3 and 1.5 engine are not higher displacement versions of the same design but actually different engines. The 3 pot 1L was designed specifically for small cars by Daihatsu.

If somebody is able to drive a car on low revs for most of the time the smaller displacement engines should deliver better fuel economy. The problem is you wont get anywhere that quickly that way. The smaller engined cars were always meant for heavily congested cities rather than longer drives. If you drive longer distances at higher speeds regularly you will notice that the higher displacement might be able to deliver better fuel economy because you are able to drive at lower revs most of the time.

It is difficult to understand exactly why without knowing the technicalities. So if you are interested read up about variable valve technologies and the impact of power to weight ratio on fuel economy.

But its time to draw this particular conversation to a close now :)

Sorry, one question if you don't mind - using these tiny engine cars for long drives - Does the high revving have a long term impact on the engine life?

Sorry, one question if you don't mind - using these tiny engine cars for long drives - Does the high revving have a long term impact on the engine life?

It sure does. smaller engines are under bigger stress because they have to drag along a relatively heavier weight compared to bigger engine and possibly under bigger throttle inputs to keep up with other cars. with all this constant high revving the engines tend to wear out faster compared to bigger engines. look at all those kei vans with worn engines in the country. even D*MO battas don't cope that well. but in ordinary cars its all relative. so its not a big issue.

As technology has evolved, engines are shrinking now!! People are demanding economical and eco- friendly engines now, whereas 30 years ago everyone was demanding power(But Still some of us prefer huge including me)... and because the science of engine design is also evolving, we are now seeing cars with a 700cc (0.7 litre) engine, that can out-run, out-perform, and yet still be more economical than an old 1.4 engine! But with all They're great for town driving and can cope with country roads but the one place where they scare me and I won't take one is on the traffic, to keep up with the traffic flow they have to be pushed hard all the time.

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Would recommend the Demio any time. My wife uses a Mazda 2 which is basically the same car. Comparing with the Vitz, I would say it's much better and more value for money. Its an auto and I have a heavy foot but still the FC is around 14 - 15km/l. Much better to drive than a Vitz.

Would recommend the Demio any time. My wife uses a Mazda 2 which is basically the same car. Comparing with the Vitz, I would say it's much better and more value for money. Its an auto and I have a heavy foot but still the FC is around 14 - 15km/l. Much better to drive than a Vitz.

Don't ask from a Presbyterian the question, which church is good for Sunday mass?

Edited by T-Bag

Its your car, love what you drive and drive what you love man...! Life is too short to worry about what others have to say about your car.

boy oh boy!

Don't ask from a Presbyterian the question, which church is good for Sunday mass?

Dude, I didn't recommend the Demio, just because I own one. Even if I owned a Vitz, I would simply say go for the Demio. I wanted a small four door auto hatch for the wifey and shopped around and both of us liked the Mazda 2. Much more car, for what you pay. Take it or leave it.

To tell the taste deference you have at least once may ate one or more pizza and lasagna.

Are you a retard? Obviously I have driven a Vitz to know the difference between both. The OP wanted a sporty hatch back and IMHO Demio is far better sporty than a Vitz.

To tell the taste deference you have at least once may ate one or more pizza and lasagna.

But the chef in both lasagna and pizza resort can tell the deference...

You sound too cryptic dude! :)

You sound too cryptic dude! :)

biggest brain invented ATM machines, simple retard like me override it with little bit more brain and ended up in Government fortress, and official called the same name"cryptic".

Edited by T-Bag

JadeyBlizen has already provided a perfectly good answer :) But its simple common sense isn't it? Each RPM represents more movement of the pistons bearing crankshaft etc which equals wear and tear. If you have to spend a lot of time in the higher rev range it will wear down the engine quicker.

In the end people have to pick a car based on the intended usage. If you don't do a lot of miles per month, fuel economy should hardly be your priority particularly if the more economical option is more expensive. If you drive at motorway speeds for much of your daily journey a 1L engine is probably not the one for the job. If you drive for more than 100Km a day you are probably better off with a Diesel.