• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Or Demio?

GoDDy

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Edited by GoDDy

The demio is definitely the sportier car. its related to the new fiesta so It feels more european. I think it looks better too

but if you want a safe investment get the vitz. but not the ksp130. the nsp130 does way better on fuel. and anybody who buys the 1.0 for fuel economy is an idiot.

Can you please explain why?

How in the world did this thread drag on for 75 posts! It should have stopped with the first guy who said Demio as the car looks better, but more importantly costs a lot less and as with all new Mazda's the depreciation (or in SL context the appreciation) should be in line with the Vitz! Its simple economics and common sense!

• Like 2

I am going to give you an over simplified explanation. The best fuel economy is delivered in the lower rev range, typically around 2000-3000 rpm on most modern cars (This is also a quirk of variable valve technology like VVTi DOHC etc). So the longer you drive within this range the better the economy will be. In city in traffic driving where the average speeds are quite low, the smaller engined cars deliver better fuel economy due to lower displacement, but as soon as you need to achieve reasonable speed, you need to rev the smaller engine a lot more than a larger engine due to it not being as powerful making the engine less economical. In certain cases and depending on your driving style and traffic conditions the average fuel consumption of a larger engined variant is better than the smaller engined variant. This is notable in the K11 March and perhaps others cars like the Vitz as well.

• Like 2

I had the same problem few weeks back. I went for vitz as I found a cheap deal.(32.25mil for a almost brandnew unreg 2010 ksp90 :) ) Just to help you, here are the facts I considered when I bought my car. These may not apply for the cars you are looking at.

Vitz is more economical than demio.

Vitz has more leg space than demio.

Vitz has HID xenon lights and Demio doesn't (The one I looked at)

Vitz has 8 air bags and demio has only two. (The one I looked at)

Vitz has push start, keyless entry and Demio doesn't. (The one I looked at)

Vitz has beige interior (The one I looked at) and demio has only black. (I prefer beige. Just my opinion)

Vitz has lots of compartments (which are useful in daily use) to put stuff and demio's only glove compartment is just stupid and poorly made.

Demio is way more powerful and fun to drive than the 1.0 vitz or even 1.3 vitz.

Demio definetely has the better look.

and there are small small stuff like... Demio has a RPM meter, the horn sounds nice etc.

and I agree with the people how are saying vitz is just an "another car". It really is. Nothing much exciting about it.

If I was in your situation I would definitely go for the demio considering the huge price difference of more than 700,000! Invest the remaining 700,000 in a FD and you can earn around 8,750 per month which you can spend on petrol! ;)

• Like 1

I am going to give you an over simplified explanation. The best fuel economy is delivered in the lower rev range, typically around 2000-3000 rpm on most modern cars (This is also a quirk of variable valve technology like VVTi DOHC etc). So the longer you drive within this range the better the economy will be. In city in traffic driving where the average speeds are quite low, the smaller engined cars deliver better fuel economy due to lower displacement, but as soon as you need to achieve reasonable speed, you need to rev the smaller engine a lot more than a larger engine due to it not being as powerful making the engine less economical. In certain cases and depending on your driving style and traffic conditions the average fuel consumption of a larger engined variant is better than the smaller engined variant. This is notable in the K11 March and perhaps others cars like the Vitz as well.

Thank you for your explernation. :) But, If we keep aside the technical stuff for a sec and have a look at the practial facts, do you think 1.3 does better on fuel in city limits than 1.0? As I've heard both does the same of 10-12kmpl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My 1000cc vitz did 16kmpl on my way to katharagama. (Not yet tested on city limits) I think it's pretty reasonable and can't imagine 1.3 will do any better.

Thank you for your explernation. :) But, If we keep aside the technical stuff for a sec and have a look at the practial facts, do you think 1.3 does better on fuel in city limits than 1.0? As I've heard both does the same of 10-12kmpl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The technical facts he mentioned has everything to do with the fuel economy you bloody imbicile. Read the post. It might be hard for a retarded monkey like you to understand though.

Edited by jdnet

The technical facts he mentioned has everything to do with the fuel economy you bloody imbicile. Read the post. It might be hard for a retarded monkey like you to understand though.

Lol Calm down dude! I don't understand why people on this forum are so rude and aggressive. (Btw, you have been very helpful to me earlier and thank you for that) Not everyone are experts like you... (I know I'm not) I did not disagree with his technical facts. I was just stating what I know and what i think. Don't get so much offended by it. If there is something wrong with what I've said (which I don't think there is) just kindly correct it, otherwise leave it. Don't get so much offended and call others retarded mokey. It just shows your true colours. :)

Lol Calm down dude! I don't understand why people on this forum are so rude and aggressive. (Btw, you have been very helpful to me earlier and thank you for that) Not everyone are experts like you... (I know I'm not) I did not disagree with his technical facts. I was just stating what I know and what i think. Don't get so much offended by it. If there is something wrong with what I've said (which I don't think there is) just kindly correct it, otherwise leave it. Don't get so much offended and call others retarded mokey. It just shows your true colours. :)

Listen you imbicile, The Don went through all that trouble explaining it and instead of reading and understanding what he said your reply is "lets look at the practicle facts."

Next time when someone takes the trouble to provide a logical and factual answer don't come back saying lets look at the practicle facts like a bloody joker.

BTW I don't give two hoots about my colors. You can think of me any way you want.

Listen you imbicile, The Don went through all that trouble explaining it and instead of reading and understanding what he said your reply is "lets look at the practicle facts."

Next time when someone takes the trouble to provide a logical and factual answer don't come back saying lets look at the practicle facts like a bloody joker.

BTW I don't give two hoots about my colors. You can think of me any way you want.

I know he went through all the trouble explaining it, and I thanked him for that! What else can I possibly do? Pay him a visit and give him a present? :P lol

You may have more knowledge about vehicles than me.... but you should know calling others imbecile won't make you the smart one. (Btw it is not imbicile, it's imbecile. see....the irony! :P) :)

I know he went through all the trouble explaining it, and I thanked him for that! What else can I possibly do? Pay him a visit and give him a present? :P lol

You may have more knowledge about vehicles than me.... but you should know calling others imbecile won't make you the smart one. (Btw it is not imbicile, it's imbecile. see....the irony! :P) :)

ok good you know how to read a dictionary. How about reading The Don's post?

This isn't about your knowledge of cars. This is about you bieng a retard. The man explained everything you need and you still want more "practical facts", probably because you lack the comprehension skills due to your mental disability.

Now pi** off.

and I agree with the people how are saying vitz is just an "another car". It really is. Nothing much exciting about it.

Hey.. Maduranga,

Any car in my opinion is fun to drive... I have had some super fun driving a Maruti Zen, its all about taking a car to its limits, and when its a car like a Vitz or a small car like a Maruti is actually more fun as you can go right to the edge without too much of a issue.

Its your car, love what you drive and drive what you love man...! Life is too short to worry about what others have to say about your car.

Thank you for your explernation. :) But, If we keep aside the technical stuff for a sec (write out the word)and have a look at the practial facts, do you think 1.3 does better on fuel in city limits than 1.0? As I've heard (insert a comma here) both does the same of 10-12kmpl. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My 1000cc vitz did 16kmpl on my way to katharagama. (Not yet tested on city limits) (put the period after the brackets). I think it's pretty reasonable and can't imagine 1.3 will do any (redundant word) better.

Since you want to play the grammar game I've managed to point out the errors in your statement. Trust me, you don't want to go there with me.

I know he went through all the trouble explaining it, (no comma here) and I thanked him for that!(A period. Not an exclamation mark) What else can I possibly do? Pay him a visit and give him a present? :P lol

You may have more knowledge about vehicles than me.... but (a comma before and after 'but' will suffice) you should know calling others imbecile won't make you the smart one. (Btw it is not imbicile, it's imbecile. see....the irony! :P) :)

Lol Calm down dude! I don't understand why people on this forum are so rude and aggressive. (Btw, you have been very helpful to me earlier and thank you for that) Not everyone are experts like you... (I know I'm not) (period)I did not disagree with his technical facts. I was just stating what I know and what i think. Don't get so much offended by it. If there is something wrong with what I've said (which I don't think there is) just kindly correct it, otherwise leave it. Don't get so much offended and call others retarded mokey. It just shows your true colours. :)

Since you want to play the grammar game I've managed to point out the errors in your statement. Trust me, you don't want to go there with me.

Lol jdnet you just made my day! :P

Thanks for your English lesson! Quite enjoyed it! :D

English is not my first language and I'm happy to learn through mistakes.

In your case I was stating the irony of calling someone imbecile (not to mention twice) and spelling it wrong. I wasn't being a grammer natzi like you. You are just too imbecile to understand that.

I noticed still you missed some mistakes I've done. :P Find them and post if it makes you happy. lol

I also found few mistakes you've done in your reply; but I'm not retard like you to correct others grammer mistakes in an auto forum.

"Thamange ahe thiyena pol parale penne naha; anunge ahe thiyena pol kenda thamai penne"

I disgust people like you!

Edited by Lakshan Maduranga

Hey.. Maduranga,

Any car in my opinion is fun to drive... I have had some super fun driving a Maruti Zen, its all about taking a car to its limits, and when its a car like a Vitz or a small car like a Maruti is actually more fun as you can go right to the edge without too much of a issue.

Its your car, love what you drive and drive what you love man...! Life is too short to worry about what others have to say about your car.

Let me correct if I said it wrong earlier; what I meant was it is comparatively not as much fun as driving a demio. (Just my opinion)

Don't you think I don't like my car! I love my car! <3

Lol jdnet you just made my day! :P

Thanks for your English lesson! Quite enjoyed it! :D

English is not my first language and I'm happy to learn through mistakes.

In your case I was stating the irony of calling someone imbecile (not to mention twice) and spelling it wrong. I wasn't being a grammer natzi like you. You are just too imbecile to understand that.

I noticed still you missed some mistakes I've done. :P Find them and post if it makes you happy. lol

I also found few mistakes you've done in your reply; but I'm not retard like you to correct others grammer mistakes in an auto forum.

"Thamange ahe thiyena pol parale penne naha; anunge ahe thiyena pol kenda thamai penne"

I disgust people like you!

I don't need to correct my mistakes because it's you that's getting anal about spelling. Now don't cry ok. Bye.

My 1000cc vitz did 16kmpl on my way to katharagama. (Not yet tested on city limits) I think it's pretty reasonable and can't imagine 1.3 will do any better.

Boys time to calm down :)

Lakshan, you should have read my post better :) If you are happy with your fuel economy that is good for you! And the Vitz is a funny example as the 1.3 and 1.5 engine are not higher displacement versions of the same design but actually different engines. The 3 pot 1L was designed specifically for small cars by Daihatsu.

If somebody is able to drive a car on low revs for most of the time the smaller displacement engines should deliver better fuel economy. The problem is you wont get anywhere that quickly that way. The smaller engined cars were always meant for heavily congested cities rather than longer drives. If you drive longer distances at higher speeds regularly you will notice that the higher displacement might be able to deliver better fuel economy because you are able to drive at lower revs most of the time.

It is difficult to understand exactly why without knowing the technicalities. So if you are interested read up about variable valve technologies and the impact of power to weight ratio on fuel economy.

But its time to draw this particular conversation to a close now :)

• Like 2

Boys time to calm down :)

Lakshan, you should have read my post better :) If you are happy with your fuel economy that is good for you! And the Vitz is a funny example as the 1.3 and 1.5 engine are not higher displacement versions of the same design but actually different engines. The 3 pot 1L was designed specifically for small cars by Daihatsu.

If somebody is able to drive a car on low revs for most of the time the smaller displacement engines should deliver better fuel economy. The problem is you wont get anywhere that quickly that way. The smaller engined cars were always meant for heavily congested cities rather than longer drives. If you drive longer distances at higher speeds regularly you will notice that the higher displacement might be able to deliver better fuel economy because you are able to drive at lower revs most of the time.

It is difficult to understand exactly why without knowing the technicalities. So if you are interested read up about variable valve technologies and the impact of power to weight ratio on fuel economy.

But its time to draw this particular conversation to a close now :)

Don, let me just say 'thank you' for taking you time to explain. I will give a search on "valve technologies and the impact of power to weight ratio on fuel economy". I'm not gonna say anything else because if I do, someone's gonna explode. ;):violent-smiley-011:

Don has covered it pretty well but there's more to this engine. See in the second generation models the KR engine was the newest in the range and thanks to its size and lightness and efficiency over other options it was the most economical of the range also it was equipped with the auto stop function in the intelligent package. but with the 3rd generation model, with the introduction of the NR engine, it took the lead as the most economical. in the japanese 10-15 mode test it managed 26.5 km/l (which equates to about 17km/l in day to day driving). the 1.0 managed only 23km/l. sure the NR engine features auto stop function but even without it, it does marginally better than the 1.0. and its 69bhp vs. 95 in the NR. so no need to even talk about cross country economy.