• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Or Demio?

GoDDy

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to get my first car and I'm looking for a sporty hatchback.

I'm in a dilemma between the new Toyota Vitz(KSP130) and Mazda Demio. I've got some deals:

Demio - 35mil

Vitz - 4.2 ~ 4.4 mil

I don't know whether it's wise to spend over 4mil on the new Vitz. I feel its a bit over priced considering the features it offers. But I cannot find one for less than 4mil(a grey one). The only reason I'm considering the Vitz is because it's a Toyota! which has a good resale value. I've read several posts here on the Demio, where people highly recommend it. However, they warn about the poor resale value it carries.

So what do you guys think is the best option for me?...

My budget is 4mil. But I wouldn't mind extending a bit if it's really worth it.

Edited by GoDDy

The demio is definitely the sportier car. its related to the new fiesta so It feels more european. I think it looks better too

but if you want a safe investment get the vitz. but not the ksp130. the nsp130 does way better on fuel. and anybody who buys the 1.0 for fuel economy is an idiot.

vitz is a very good choice. I can say that because currently I am using a one. Early I used some other cars and compare to those it has good fuel economy. and for its price it has good features too. The most important thing you should consider is the resale value. go for a toyota or nissan which has good resale value in sri lanka. It is a good investment.

Vitz (or generally most Toyotas) if you are looking for a very realiable but somewhat boring car

I don't know why you say it is boring

Demio, but if your going for a Vitz.. go for a Vitz RS..

the normal Vitz is just too Booring and its "just another car" the demio on the other hand just brings a smile to your face, every time you see that..

• Like 4

Jeez.. you gonna spend 4millions on a Vitz and doing it simply because of its resale value?

Please don't misunderstand me but, If i had that money, instead of worrying on the resale value of the car i'm purchasing, i would spend 2-2.5Milllons on a car which i desire the most and invest the rest on gold or buy a good piece of land from somewhere.

• Like 4

Demio, but if your going for a Vitz.. go for a Vitz RS..

the normal Vitz is just too Booring and its "just another car" the demio on the other hand just brings a smile to your face, every time you see that..

You know I have to agree. For some reason that's unkown to me, I find that car to be really sexy. I know she may not be high class, but underneath that chrome plated plastic mazda badge is a good looking car that you just want to caress, feel and take home. Unfortunately I'm a little too big for it and I can't get in.

Edited by jdnet

You know I have to agree. For some reason that's unkown to me, I find that car to be really sexy. I know she may not be high class, but underneath that chrome plated plastic mazda badge is a good looking looking car that you just want to caress, feel and take home. Unfortunately I'm a little too big for it and I can't get in.

uuuhh i feel ya man... it just that lately most mazda's just.. getting sexier and sexier. and even hyundai and kia's on the same page

• Like 1

NSP 130 and KSP 130 looks better than KSP90 and SCP90 (interior and exterior), but demio (2007 model) is way better than vitz considering appearance. Toyota engines are reliable than Mazda; although, I still opt to drive demio than vitz.

vitz is a very good choice. I can say that because currently I am using a one. Early I used some other cars and compare to those it has good fuel economy. and for its price it has good features too. The most important thing you should consider is the resale value. go for a toyota or nissan which has good resale value in sri lanka. It is a good investment.

I don't know why you say it is boring

tell me a car that is not boring

ask from a owner who ownes those cars .weather is it not boring

rAO7g.jpg

Why not look at the Suzuki Swift as well? I think the older shell will be about 3.8mil these days.. We just got one and I can tell you that its a spanking car, test drove both the vitz and the demio before buying and the suzuki seemed like the best fit.. Besides I personally feel it looks better than both those other cars too..

• Like 1

ask from a owner who ownes those cars .weather is it not boring

Thats a pretty stupid argument cause "some one who bought the car" wouldn't buy it if they think it is boring, ask from someone who didnt buy why they didnt buy it