• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka New Site 2012

MADZ

yeh saw it on my i pad in the morning but logged on from my office place it was taken down..either way looks good

ya it was nice but slow, I was able to make a comment early morning..couldn't loaded it again

Edited by whmsujith

New version seems more attractive than the earlier one. Congrats !!!

Madz, whay don't you change Autolanka logo in to a better one (auto Lanka.com) .

My personal idea is existng Autolanka logo (auto Lanka.com) is not much attractive. Hope to see a better change.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

That's cos it's like the Emperor's new clothes...there was never a new site, people just pretended they could see one so they wouldn't feel left out.

Actually the new site was available for a very brief period of time yesterday. Therefore most of you guys must have missed it i think. The main page looked rather cool with improved graphics but the forum links were dead. Even the classifieds were not working properly. I guess it was revoked to the old status due to that. I guess Mads and the team are working on it now :)

Edited by LashNeo

Actually the new site was available for a very brief period of time yesterday. Therefore most of you guys must have missed it i think. The main page looked rather cool with improved graphics but the forum links were dead. Even the classifieds were not working properly. I guess it was revoked to the old status due to that. I guess Mads and the team are working on it now :)

Too bad i dint get to see it

I was being sarcastic. I saw the site, the forum worked fine as I commented on the new site at that time.

• 1 year later...

Please don't try with Joomla, wordpress etc.. Just start developing **from the scratch** using php or asp.net

CMS might be easier when developing the site initially. But introducing customizations based on various requirements later might be cumbersome. ( and also debugging )

2 parallel sites can be operated till the last moment. ( Both sites can connect to the same database for showing purposes till the new site gets active )

You can give the new site for testing for members first. Once making sure everything looks ok , you can replace the existing domain to show the new site.