• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fixing A After Market Cruise Control Kit

have anyone tried (or having an idea of) fixing aftermarket cruise control kit for your vehicle? do you guys know any garages who do those thing? i have check in the net n there are plenty of DIY cruise control kits..

pls share your ideas....

How about E01? Cruise control was helpfull in many trips did on it.

only done one run on it but i was bored out of my skull! family was sleeping so no stereo too... CC would've been a pretty bad idea! at least for me. After dark things might be a lot worse!

I saw a listing for a DIY Cruise Control Kit online... it is being sold along with a First Aid Kit... that should be a hint... :)

.. loll then better to forget abt CC ... ill hire a driver... :P :P

yes machan, i thought it would be really easy in E01 n thats da only place i need it.. and i dnt like cruise much on high speeds like others doing in expressway. and it does save me some fuel too.. :D

only done one run on it but i was bored out of my skull! family was sleeping so no stereo too... CC would've been a pretty bad idea! at least for me. After dark things might be a lot worse!

but its a great relief for mind, than traveling on galle rd.

Out of curiosity does these aftermarket kits disengage once you put your foot on the brakes ? Cause if it doesnt that would be disastrous

Out of curiosity does these aftermarket kits disengage once you put your foot on the brakes ? Cause if it doesnt that would be disastrous

Plus, with a manual, cruise control should also get turned off when the clutch is pressed. I guess it`s not difficult to tap in to the break light switch if required, wonder how these kits actually work.

I believe the available cruise control kits are brand and model specific, they probably tap into the ECU to enable an already available feature a la tech hardware (Intel etc) style.

• Like 1

it's less stressfull, trust me. Have tried it in many instances including day before yesterday. Enjoyed watching how the bugger tried to compensate inclines by pressing the accelerator vise versa. Was maintaining steady 100 without any issue. Boring, nope, kept both feet on the floor like a passenger and enjoyed nice sight around.

Plus, with a manual, cruise control should also get turned off when the clutch is pressed. I guess it`s not difficult to tap in to the break light switch if required, wonder how these kits actually work.

with a manual gear vehicle, cruise control temporarily disengages (release the accelerator while you're keeping the clutch pressed) and re-engages as you release the clutch pedal.