• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ugly Sound From Front Doors

ashan82

Dear Members

My Familia 2003, front doors give ugly sound when closing them. i mean its not the perfect sound which comes from new vehicles. this comes both sides. one guy said its comes from my door actuators coz they have partly worn off. (I personally feel that door sound also gives some prestige to our vehicles)

what do you guys think about this? if you agree with that fellow's opinion, do you guys know any good place to get this repair

Looking for your valuable advises

How un-prestigious!!!!

YOu can't have a prestigious noise coming from a hardly-prestigious car like a Mazda 323... to solve your problem, sell the mazda, and get a prestigious car... like an old Merc or BMW or an Audi :)

Did your neighbour tell you that your car sounds un-prestigious????

Sheeesh!

bro once i had a 323.had the same problem when closing doors sounds like a very cheap old car door slashing sound.i ddnt went to any garage to solve the problem so i dont know the core issue.what i did was i just wrap a hard tape 2-3 times around the metal,u knw the part that door get locks to a metal that is fixed on car.wrap it around few times.and grease your door joints a bit.hope this helps your one.

'ashan82',

Take your car to a good Tinker explain your problem, how old is your car, Normally front doors give unwanted noises due constant opening and closing.

Get the tinker to examine the door hinges some times the door hinges pins can be wasted. As well as the door locking device related parts.

Even the door rubber has to be examined for low noise correct closing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

How un-prestigious!!!!

YOu can't have a prestigious noise coming from a hardly-prestigious car like a Mazda 323... to solve your problem, sell the mazda, and get a prestigious car... like an old Merc or BMW or an Audi :)

Did your neighbour tell you that your car sounds un-prestigious????

Sheeesh!

Oddly, this is not the first instance I've come across this complaint! Some people, I tell you...

The sound comes because German/Italian doors ate heavier and better engineered. So they close with a satisfying "clunk". You can't expect that from a jap. The closest I've come to it in cheap luxury, is the sonata.

Vvti is right. Your 323 isn't ever going to close with a sound that is going to make you jizz your pants.

Edited by Komisiripala

Learn to mimic the sound and then time it, when you close the door, let 'er rip. I do that for my unprestigious sounding engine....so when people get in, I let out a nice throaty roar whenever I accelerate, works a treat and doesn't cost anything. Try it out before settling on the sound, I'd go with Komisiripala's 'Clunk', first, then maybe a 'Boomf' next.

Learn to mimic the sound and then time it, when you close the door, let 'er rip. I do that for my unprestigious sounding engine....so when people get in, I let out a nice throaty roar whenever I accelerate, works a treat and doesn't cost anything. Try it out before settling on the sound, I'd go with Komisiripala's 'Clunk', first, then maybe a 'Boomf' next.

OT: Note that this awesome Shintaro-developed free-to-use system can also be used to give back tyre squeal to vehicles with ABS.

Oddly, this is not the first instance I've come across this complaint! Some people, I tell you...

The sound comes because German/Italian doors ate heavier and better engineered. So they close with a satisfying "clunk". You can't expect that from a jap. The closest I've come to it in cheap luxury, is the sonata.

Vvti is right. Your 323 isn't ever going to close with a sound that is going to make you jizz your pants.

:D :D :D

For a country that is more or less about hit rock bottom, we sure love our prestigious pretensions... ;)

Damn... next thing we will hear is 'prestigious sounding doors' as an option... ;)

bro once i had a 323.had the same problem when closing doors sounds like a very cheap old car door slashing sound.i ddnt went to any garage to solve the problem so i dont know the core issue.what i did was i just wrap a hard tape 2-3 times around the metal,u knw the part that door get locks to a metal that is fixed on car.wrap it around few times.and grease your door joints a bit.hope this helps your one.

ya thanks bro, its works 50%. But my rear doors dont have any issue. so what would be the problem for this

'ashan82',

Take your car to a good Tinker explain your problem, how old is your car, Normally front doors give unwanted noises due constant opening and closing.

Get the tinker to examine the door hinges some times the door hinges pins can be wasted. As well as the door locking device related parts.

Even the door rubber has to be examined for low noise correct closing.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

its 2003. do you knw any good place to replace door frame beading (I mean the beading fix to the car not the door which comes two tone, interior color and black)

its 2003. do you knw any good place to replace door frame beading (I mean the beading fix to the car not the door which comes two tone, interior color and black)

'ashan82',

Try L.P.Gunaratne at Darly road I knew that they had beading's for 323.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi