• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Outdoor Car Covers- Is That Good?

flashmark

Yup i use an imported one and covers my 141. Does a really good job. I bought a pair for 5000 from Darly Road. There is a cheap one made from the same material as the umbrella, try to avoid this as it sticks. The other one is water proof and has a soft white cover inside and protects it from scratching too. If you buy it in singles it will cost around 2700-3000. Always bargain. Good luck.

I'm looking for outdoor car cover for Suzuki Swift. Can you recommend any cover and where I can buy it (and price)?

I knew that some car covers damage the paint of vehicle.Is it true for all covers? Let me know your feedback

thanks

dont know about the quality but arpico has car covers....check them out

Yup i use an imported one and covers my 141. Does a really good job. I bought a pair for 5000 from Darly Road. There is a cheap one made from the same material as the umbrella, try to avoid this as it sticks. The other one is water proof and has a soft white cover inside and protects it from scratching too. If you buy it in singles it will cost around 2700-3000. Always bargain. Good luck.

which shop can get the white car cover??....i am intereted in getting one.........for 2700 it should be a good bargain.....

• 5 years later...

Guys, I am compelled to park my car outdoors and may continue to do so for some time.

However I am glad there are no trees on top of the car/around hence the car is somewhat cleaner without much dirt or bird droppings.

Given the weather conditions and other external factors, I would appreciate some expert ideas from all of you on how best I can take precautions and continue? I am right now using a sunshade on the windscreen, that's all.

I am concerned about the rubber / beading etc and how can these be protected? Are there any protectors or cleaners available in the market for similar cases?

Thanks in advance guys.

Car is a 1993 Corolla Wagon - White.

I used a car cover made from "breathable" fabric(allows some Air in but no water). But after some time I saw some fungus grown between dashboard and door panel.M aybe its improtant that you remove moisture from the cabin-Air before covering.

• Like 1

I used a car cover made from "breathable" fabric(allows some Air in but no water). But after some time I saw some fungus grown between dashboard and door panel.M aybe its improtant that you remove moisture from the cabin-Air before covering.
thanks mate. i am not a fan of car covers as i had a time using few on my previous ride. on the other hand, i am sure its gonna be a mess trying to cover/uncover a wagon :)

i guess proper waxing will protect your paint. I have done a 3M tint on my windscreen which had a visible reduction in heat
thanks mate. btw may i know where you got the 3m tint done? and would you mind sharing the costs please :)

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 6:15 PM, Croozer said:

But after some time I saw some fungus grown between dashboard and door panel.M aybe its improtant that you remove moisture from the cabin-Air before covering

Yes this works. However if you keep the car covered for a longer period (in my case a month), humidity creeps up again thanks to the vent holes and voila, you have fungus again. The rule I later followed was what they do with DSLR lenses. Fungus needs humidity and darkness  (or lack of UV) to thrive, remove one and they wont grow.