• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Roads For Driving

Californikan

just saying, PERFECT road for Drifting

went there few months back, it was still under construction.

cant believe this is the end result, looks really nice.

but last i went, after the 18 bends the road was crappy..

is the road like this till Mahiyangaya?

i think your main traffic problem will be the trucks on that road.looking at the road maybe buses try to race with each other so watch out for them and don't take unnecessary risks machan hope you enjoy your road trip good luck.

Slow creepers are inevitable mate!. So prepare for some aggressive and safe overtaking ,but as nexus said dont take unnecessary risks. Good luck!

Yep, thanks alot guys. Will let you'll know how it goes, fingers crossed.

oooh... hot damn! initial D!! i've been on this road before and during construction, and i must say, am very very impressed! wow... dear santa, this christmas, RX7, S15 or what the heck, CL 65 AMG with a dozen spare tyres! please. i'll be really really good!

Better to avoid early mornings and late afternoons ,because fog is a real concern there. I think after 9 in the morning would be nice. Mate,have some fun and upload a vedio! :)

Fog? Only in certain weather conditions mate, and that too mostly at night. It can be quite fun when it's about though!

Those long unbroken white lines are going to be pure frustration...

Haven't seen a traffic police patrol from Digana to Mahiyanganaya for a long time while the road was under construction, but you can bet that they will position themselves strategically now, since the stage is set.

is the road like this till Mahiyangaya?

Till the mahaweli bridge .. however the roads in town are being slowly repaired.

Till the mahaweli bridge .. however the roads in town are being slowly repaired.

last i went was to Giradurakotte through mahiyaganya.. that road was just hopeless

WoW.!! Now anybody here willing to let me rent a RWD car this December? I promise I’ll look after the tires. :rolleyes: Please? Anybody? :D

How about a 1951 803CC Morris minor?? :speechless-smiley-004: " Kaala waren malli " :sport-smiley-004: Conditions apply.. :sport-smiley-004:

MINIACE

makes you fall in love with our country all over again.... i think they could have done something with the side of the mountain... some areas have a concrete wall. hope there will be no earth slips

How about a 1951 803CC Morris minor?? :speechless-smiley-004: " Kaala waren malli " :sport-smiley-004: Conditions apply.. :sport-smiley-004:

MINIACE

I wont mind a classic at all mate..!! That`ll gimmi plenty of time to enjoy the scenery if/when the car decides to let go of a bit of steam up hill. :)

I wont mind a classic at all mate..!! That`ll gimmi plenty of time to enjoy the scenery if/when the car decides to let go of a bit of steam up hill. :)

You would have more understeer than oversteer in that thing :P

We already have a thread for driving roads.

And why the heck is a fan of A to B driving in a terrible handling car trying to post about good driving roads anyway?

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

today i travel in newly renovated kandy to mahiyanganaya road(18 bends) this is my experience on it first of all the road is very nicely complicated.from degana there is about 800m of good road after that the road is not that good (it's a bit bumpy) till few kilometers(2 or 3) pass teldeniya after that newly renovated road goes all the way till the mahaweli bridge in mahiyanganaya road.condition is very good and smooth scenery is very nice its pleasure to drive in that road and there are mirrors in hard bends they are very helpful there were minor traffic cop activity only saw two of them.

traffic level is low than i expected but there are those big sand carrying trucks travel frequently and i saw few D*MO batta's one maruti and few buddy van struggling to go uphill there was a one corolla driving middle of the road in snail pace and there was a one dude in a hiace who didn't let me overtake him other than that there weren't much of a problem from others surprisingly there were few three wheelers and there was two trucks broken down in driving side of the road.

a little word of advice to people who planning to travel in newly renovated kandy to mahiyanganaya road some bends are sharper and longer than they look/feel so be careful when taking bends(not just 18 bends) and be careful when overtaking vehicle specially sand carrying trucks they drive in a constant speed and rarely slow down and it's best if you guys can avoid side by side two petrol sheds in mahiyanganaya i say this because the road that lead to them is very bad on top of that there are large number of sand carrying trucks try to refill in them there was long line and some traffic with them and one truck nearly hit my car.

• Like 5