• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Fuel Consumption Nissan Presea R11

darshanasuraj

Question

Dear Friends,

I have Nissan Presea (1999) Refina ( R11) .I bought it last January and found that the car was having Valve oil seal leakeage. I did full engine overall with Nisssan genuine parts, ( Includes Piston rings etc). After that i did EFI cleaning ( Not ultrasonic ) and after few days I used wurth EFI fuel system cleaner . MY PROBLEM is the car does not do atleaset 6.5 - 7 km/L in colombo with minor traffic. I usually go in the morining and come back in the evening which covers abt 14 Km Up n down.

Hoever i recently had a repair in the alternator ( replaces the coil) and the mechanic said that the original IC has burnt so the previous owner has put a 12V stabilizer from out side to subsitute the original IC in the alternator . Does thiis can have an impact on fuel milaage? or what is wrong with my car....! plase help...!

(The fuel millage was same even after the alternator repair)

5 answers to this question

Dear Friends,

I have Nissan Presea (1999) Refina ( R11) .I bought it last January and found that the car was having Valve oil seal leakeage. I did full engine overall with Nisssan genuine parts, ( Includes Piston rings etc). After that i did EFI cleaning ( Not ultrasonic ) and after few days I used wurth EFI fuel system cleaner . MY PROBLEM is the car does not do atleaset 6.5 - 7 km/L in colombo with minor traffic. I usually go in the morining and come back in the evening which covers abt 14 Km Up n down.

Hoever i recently had a repair in the alternator ( replaces the coil) and the mechanic said that the original IC has burnt so the previous owner has put a 12V stabilizer from out side to subsitute the original IC in the alternator . Does thiis can have an impact on fuel milaage? or what is wrong with my car....! plase help...!

(The fuel millage was same even after the alternator repair)

Well assuming your transmission is Automatic, fuel consumption is normal as per my knowledge.

Cheers!

Yes friends its 1500 CC ,Automatic. And i always keep the rpm under 2000 when accelarating ...

You never know, you might just like what happens when you send the Rpm to the 7000 range. Or you might pee your pants.

If you're looking for economy like that then get a small Indian or jap car and lose the presea.

I'm resided in colombo and I'm looking for a WHITE colour Nissan Presea MANUAL Transmission.... but unfortunately, the white manuals are very rare to find... I have been trying for 6 months to find this and I couldnt.... This is my dream car since I was a kid and also I want one with the manufactured year of 1998 or above (precisely the refina)... I have even followed few cars on the road and checked out with the owners but all of them were auto :( ..... Can anyone please help me out to find a White Manual which has english numbers? .... This help would be highly appreciated and valued.... :)