• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rugby Season 2012

Weekend results;

Pathana 61 - SACK 12

SJC 55 - DS 14

TCK 30 - KCK 24

Royal 25 - SPC 21

SC 23 - VCK 22

The way the Royalists played on Saturday should put them on the top contention for league, remaining the most successful schools team in the past 10 years. They are unbeaten for a record 20 league games.

TCK seems to hv lost a bit of form but Pathana is still riding high. Royal will play these two in the next two weeks for the league.

B div Dharmaraja 46 - STC 8 (Thora will now hv to beat Wesley to have any hope of returning to A div next year, and that's not going to be easy)

Havies, CR, Navy and Kandy won the first round games of the club A - division.

Weekend results;

Pathana 61 - SACK 12

SJC 55 - DS 14

TCK 30 - KCK 24

Royal 25 - SPC 21

SC 23 - VCK 22

The way the Royalists played on Saturday should put them on the top contention for league, remaining the most successful schools team in the past 10 years. They are unbeaten for a record 20 league games.

TCK seems to hv lost a bit of form but Pathana is still riding high. Royal will play these two in the next two weeks for the league.

B div Dharmaraja 46 - STC 8 (Thora will now hv to beat Wesley to have any hope of returning to A div next year, and that's not going to be easy)

Havies, CR, Navy and Kandy won the first round games of the club A - division.

i agree we played well... but it was a all forwards game.... and all the tries we scored were from peterite mistakes... i think its open to anyone this year...

. and all the tries we scored were from peterite mistakes... ...

Nope, Royalists scored through the dominance of their forwards, using their legendary mauling and rucking prowess to maximum effect. None were from Peterite mistakes (well, not having a good enough set of forwards is a "mistake" on hindsight - I hope Colin and the Peterite rugby fraternity will correct this from next year).

Royal won the breakdown and deprived SPC of any good ball, and I guess that's how they will play the Trinitians as well.

Rest of what you said is absolutely correct - the title is very open with 4 teams having a shot at it yet (for Isipathana it's almost a non-existent chance).

Take a look at below pic to see the confidence and aggro the Royalists bought to the game. (yep, that's a Royalist in the Peterite huddle! :P)

rcspcva45.jpg

Edited by vishkid

Nope, Royalists scored through the dominance of their forwards, using their legendary mauling and rucking prowess to maximum effect. None were from Peterite mistakes (well, not having a good enough set of forwards is a "mistake" on hindsight - I hope Colin and the Peterite rugby fraternity will correct this from next year).

Royal won the breakdown and deprived SPC of any good ball, and I guess that's how they will play the Trinitians as well.

Rest of what you said is absolutely correct - the title is very open with 4 teams having a shot at it yet (for Isipathana it's almost a non-existent chance).

Take a look at below pic to see the confidence and aggro the Royalists bought to the game. (yep, that's a Royalist in the Peterite huddle! :P)

rcspcva45.jpg

bro u misunderstood what i said.. true we were dominant and tacticle at every breakdown... but if u noticed how we gain teritory was never thorugh running the ball down.. it was always an up and under kick that the peterites knocked forward on thier 22 or worse 10 yards down.... after that it was a cake walk for our strong forwards.. my worry is trinity is balanced equally to some extent... so they will run the ball down the line.. wheas we are scared to do so until we come 5 meters inside..

as i recall i dont think the wing even saw the ball from our side for the whole game.. the flip side is ofcourse that he didnt have to ! ha ha..

Looks like a naughty habit he might have picked up from a Russian. :)

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Royal's 20 match run was stopped in tracks - and in fine style - by Trinity today 34-11.

Isipathana continued top form beating Peters 46-20

VCK beat SACK 32-13

And importantly Thora seems to hv lost to Wesley 17-10 thus earning another fruitful year at the B-division.

Despite Pathana form, they are unlikely to hv a shot at League title even if they manage to beat Royal next week.

Trinity now have the upperhand and they've got one hand on both the League and the Bradby.

If that happens, the people at office are going to hv a good look at my bare butt - and I think that's a good thing! :o

Despite Pathana form, they are unlikely to hv a shot at League title even if they manage to beat Royal next week.

Trinity now have the upperhand and they've got one hand on both the League and the Bradby.

If that happens, the people at office are going to hv a good look at my bare butt - and I think that's a good thing! :o

Yes I do agree .Pathana's chances are less because of the drawn match. Further Trinity meeting DSS next weekend. Its a sure win. Guess Pathana will be happy to be runners up for the 2012 league.

Yet again poor refereeing is highlighted this weekend. Trinity finally managed to beat that using out of green support.

MINIACE

rcspcva45.jpg

Hey now only I noticed this....a RC boys messing the SPC pile...this is against all known rugby ethics and norms. ...Way too much.

MINIACE

• Like 1

Hey now only I noticed this....a RC boys messing the SPC pile...this is against all known rugby ethics and norms. ...Way too much.

MINIACE

Oh .. you've been missing out on some rugby mate - this is been happening for ages!

Yeah sure. happening for ages justifies it? Lets see them try that trick at the Greens match ;)

Similar thing (not the alien in the pile) happened at the 2009 RC v IC match, no BFD. I'm sure the Royal team will treat the greens with same aggro this year as well.

Lots of teams hv been turning their arses to Haka and what not of recently, nothing is sacred these days boys - besides there's no law against it.

What we must really worry about is the spectator apathy towards referees. While the sins of the referees are well documented, once you undermine the legal controller of the game - the whole structure breaks down. The the spectators (and sometimes the team officials) need to be more educated on the laws of the game and the ethics of the sportsman .. and there should be concrete ways to address their concerns on rulings and it should be the responsibility of the governing body to enable an efficient process for this. Pelting the ref and the players with bottles and stones - will not be the solution.

Surely RC boys will not mess with Pathana Piles :P . Being happening for ages or not ,what is bad is always bad and should never happen in school level.

MINIACE

Hmm ..my father told me this happened at the '72 Bradby shield by the whole lot of Trinity forwards at Kandy, when he was playing for Royal. Trinity went on to win the game and the shield after that. Look what it did to the Royal - Trinity encounter 40 years down the line : :) it still is the longest running schools Rugby game in the global history and the most watched rugby match in Sri Lanka. In other words - there's no effect on the game.

There are more things to worry about in Rugby machan - this is just being in your face.

(btw, we did not do anything such aggressive when we were playing in late 90's - but we exchanged a good few slaps in the field with many opponents even before the whistle went off - that was accepted as part and parcel of the game).

"Trashed" Miniace - were you at the game? LOL

Pathana played brilliant rugby and held composure to the very end - Shamly has done a great job with the team with every position geared to deliver in both defense and attack.

In the battle of 'outsmarting' the coaches, both Shamly and Nilfer/Foote has won hands down against the Bilal and co.

Some pundits call this the game of the season - but for me, the Royal play towards the latter end of the game did not justify that statement, as they simply did not play attacking rugby during the last 10.

Is there a court case against VCK from Pathana? If so is there a chance of Pathana winning the league?

Edited by vishkid

Gee .. I almost forgot - Dharmaraja Kandy became the unbeaten and undisputed B-division champions for 2012.

They beat Wesley to achieve this target yesterday at Bogambara by 35-7.

DCK and Wesley will ascend to the A-division for 2013 while STC will languish in the B-div for another year.

SACK and DSS will go down from A to B.

Kudos to Trinity team for winning the league in .. well about 24 years!! :) As 'they' say - League title is incidental as all they play for is the Bradby Shield & other traditional matches.

Anyhow, all league matches are over and all that remains to see is the outcome of the complaint filed against VCK.

If the allegations proves to be true, VCK 'might' be disqualified and Isipathana will gain 2.5 points more, essentially giving them the edge over TCK.

However this looks rather unlikely at the moment.

The KO's will take place towards the end of September and it's still not confirmed which schools will/will not take part.

The Junior Asiad will take place in between and there is hope for SL due to abundance of talent in the leagues.