• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Bj5P Front Brake Rotor

chamildz

Hi Friends,

I have a mazda familia BJ5P 2000. I am planing to change the front disk brake rotors. Appreciate if anyone help me out on below areas:

• The price of a brand new disk brake rotor
  • Is there any specific model number for this ?
  • Can we order these from amazon or ebay by matching to mazda protege 2000 model?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

• Like 1

My advice is to take your car to a technician, remove parts and match it with retail vendor and buy it off the shelf. Comparing part numbers and buying online is not practical. This method worked for me for many decades. saved money and time.

MINIACE

• Like 2

Hi Friends,

I have a mazda familia BJ5P 2000. I am planing to change the front disk brake rotors. Appreciate if anyone help me out on below areas:

• Can we order these from amazon or ebay by matching to mazda protege 2000 model?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

Is there anything specifically wrong with your rotors? If it isn't warped you would be better off having them machined. Also, like miniace said, it's not practical bringing them down, specially for such a common car. Rotors are eavy and you will pay a lot having them shipped here.

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

From Amazon,it is not recommended since the US version may differ from Familia in diameter/holes.

Why do you replace it !. Any specific reason !. Genuines may be expensive more than 10K per side in SLRs.

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

'chamildz',

First all for what reason you decided to change the Disk brake disks rotors. Is there are plenty of lines due to constant wastage. how many kilometers your car has done I suppose you have original Dick rotors. If it is minor wastage it can be corrected. Remove them go to spare parts shop compare the wastage before changing them. they can be machined out to take off the uneven Wastage on a lathe twice or thrice.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your valuable responses. My car has done 150K kilometeres. When I checked with earlier service service technician told me the same that you can remove the uneven wastage on a lathe and can be used more. Just thought of bring them down cz I came abroad for a short time period and saw the spare parts prices are pretty much cheaper than SL.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

Hi All,

Thanks for all of your valuable responses. My car has done 150K kilometeres. When I checked with earlier service service technician told me the same that you can remove the uneven wastage on a lathe and can be used more. Just thought of bring them down cz I came abroad for a short time period and saw the spare parts prices are pretty much cheaper than SL.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Chamil

Are you planning on bringing them with you? if so, do consider how much a set of rotors weighs. Same applies when shipping. Also you would have to pay taxes on anything you get shipped here. If the mechanic said they are good to be machined, then do that. If you are eager to bring something with you, a few things like spark plugs or any boots, bushes etc. that you think you would have to change out in the future would be a good investment. Rotors usually last a long time since they can be machined. For example I have 190k on mine and they are still good.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

just a point on shipping, you don't have to pay for weight if you freight.

there are lots of small volume freight operators now. costs around 100 dollars for a cubic meter.

you can pack a lot of shi'ite into a cubic meter ;)

Yeah I know. I was reffering to air cargo/mail. Most places do not ship through sea freight. It's usually ups/fedex/usps.

The Mazda BJ series came with two different sizes of rotors for the front. The standard JDM with 1500 ZL DE engine has smaller disc compare to the ZL VE (vvti) version. check which of these two are yours. Don't buy it in USA cos those cars have 5 stud wheel hubs. Best bet is getting it from Japan.

Go check at Mazna motors..

Edited by Bugatti
  • Like 1