• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Sonata H Matic

rize1981

Question

12 answers to this question

Does about 4-5 kmpl on city and 9kmpl outstation. Parts Re easy to find. There's a dedicated Korean mech in papiliyana who handles them. (Korean national)

Reasonably reliable but needs to be well maintained. If abused, will have frequent bit_h fits.

If you want a comfortable tugboat to get your family from a to b, then this is the car you're looking for. Very plush and comfy car. Decent amount of torque.

But it's big, ungainly, and difficult to manoeuvre in tight spaces. No neck snapping performance, rather a loping grace.

Also, no air bags. God knows why.

Have one in the family. It grows on you after a while. I like iT, and that's very strange!

Thanks a lot Komisiripala, you gave me valuable Ideals, I really appreciate you, I need know from you some more thing

1. Is there any mechanism to improve the fuel consuption?

2 Is it possible to give me the dedicated Korean Mechanic's contact details? I really appreciate it

BR

1. Yeah. Use the bus.

2. There is a place called Juki workshop in Pepiliyana. They specialized in Korean, AFAIK. Their work was pretty good, but to be accurate, I haven't been that way in a couple of years, so I don't know about their recent track record.

Edited by Pericles
Me made grammatical error.
  • Like 1

Firstly, you need to understand that this is a car meant for highways. Not the daily grind. If you mess around with fuel consumption, you are asking for trouble because the lean mix will underpower the car. Don't you think the Koreans would have made this car more economical if they wanted it to be?

One way from kottawa to galle only takes 1000 rupees or less. At a constant 120kmph

Don't even think of buying this car if you are trying to put "sonata" and "efficiency" in the same sentence.

Drive a sonata. Feel the luxury of those perforated leather seats as you sink into its embrace. Feel that graceful surge as you flick your right ankle. And understand that you get all this without a jumping cat on the bonnet. For under 1.5 million. And if you still want to talk about efficiency, get back in an alto and drive away

The place is juki enterprises. (yes really) don't know the number. You find on your right hand side a 100 meters towards boralesgamuwa from the prpiliyana roundabout. Head mech is a pieris or a perera. They close at 4;30. Go talk to them

Edited by Komisiripala

1. Is there any mechanism to improve the fuel consuption?

BR

1. Yeah. Use the bus.

LOL:D

Many people get this converted into Diesel to save fuel. My friend has a converted one and it gives him 9/10 city and 12+ long distance.

On 5/4/2012 at 1:27 PM, razordj said:

LOL:D

Many people get this converted into Diesel to save fuel. My friend has a converted one and it gives him 9/10 city and 12+ long distance.

May I know the converted engine type and model? Also what else changed along with it? and a rough cost(if you do remember) ??

Just now, Supra_Natural said:

Why are you replying to a thread from 6 years ago?

because if i create a separate thread, then everyone will ask to do a research. And since i was searching for this car to purchase needed to get an idea about this rather than purchasing it blindly.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, Crosswind said:

Sonata 2000 model converted with 3C turbo engine ,Gear box and upgrading the alternate capacity  ,will enjoy your life 

Because of low cheap spair parts and no engine or alternate malfunction and Highest level of heigh speed safety.Fuel consumption 12 in city and 14 highway Km/L.Even it's a budget vehicle ,having lots of options with driving satisfaction .

Note  Concerted procedure to be evaluated