• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tips On Filling Your Vehicle

whmsujith

I agree on the fact that it would be beneficial if we had a few more moderators to QA the posts; this thread wouldn't have had the post "important my @$$" if we did.

If we had greater QA moderation, this thread wouldnt even BE there!

By any means I never intended this site to be elakiri or sookiri. I used the national language in order to bring up some national unity within this community. I think you dont understand how to take a joke, just tryina bully someone for no reason since u gained the seniority

Sinhala AND Tamil are both national languages, so if ur being so technical, you should have said whatever you did in both Sinhala AND Tamil.

lol. then I really dunno why is he still keeps calling retard for everyone who is against him. I wonder if the Govt is also calling the opposition members retards. lol

The government's favorite adjective is not retarded.. its unpatriotic. :P

• Like 1

My suggestion is to have a proper vetting process for all new sign ups. Perhaps an sms or a simple phone call based verification will do. And some of us can volunteer our services there. That way, we wont have keyboard heroes who hide behind the anonymity of the web and play schwazenegger. This will prevent keyboard heroes from signing up to diss somebody or the other.

if you ban them, they will just sign up again and again using different ids. If u enforce post counts, they will just post garbage.

and all this for..........??? just because someone had a different opinion towards what was posted and stated it.

next time i will not be surprised to see a suggestion saying to have autolanka only among the personally known ppl, and block others like a yahoo group.holy shit !!!!!

and all this for..........??? just because someone had a different opinion towards what was posted and stated it.

next time i will not be surprised to see a suggestion saying to have autolanka only among the personally known ppl, and block others like a yahoo group.holy shit !!!!!

ah the people who were bitching at me because I said as$ are now saying "shit." Nice.

and you want to stop helping anyone who says somethiing that you or some one you know dont like...........come on ;) . so that means you say something which you feel correct( from your point of view) and no one can oppose it.if they do they are retards, women who are in there menstrual cycles.......etc.????

Whether you like it or not...it's people like JD and the other "seniors" who actually helps out most people and know what they are talking about.

Most if not all the stuff in OP's post wasn't correct and this same topic has been discussed before at length. And i dont see a problem in JD's reply to OP.

Could he have been more polite? yes...does he have to be? No!

Grow a pair, be a man and learn to take a few punches! And mind you "my a**" comment really isn't a harsh one.

Also...I just hate people who only jump into these threads to start a scene. Most of the noobs on this lengthy thread haven't contributed to the forum in a positive way at all.

You are taking potshots at JD even after him helping you out with your gasket issue... And JD has been more helpful to many people than you or anyone else in your little gang.

This thread wouldn't have gone this far if not for you lot.

Starting from you...none of the "seniors" should pitch in to help people with this sorta attitude.

You cant win here if you want to swim against the current!

• Like 2

how do you think people got to know others personally?

Most of us have met each other at car shows, AL g2g's, races etc... Initial contact has been through these very forums.

That's possible when you contribute constructively to the forum and make friends and be of help to people. Not by trying to play white night and flame fights!

You and your gang seem to be good at flaming fights... that's it!

There are hundreds of people going through threads everyday without having to crib and whine!

The Super moon has not only brought out some severe menstrual cycles of some of the newbie retards, but it got them synchronized too... for a one big coordinated period of epic proportions... :)

Who0 are these girls, Shanewest, Rameez, Toyota1990? ? can we get them for the next AL get together for some pole dancing?

I talk to the point, if its relevant for me, I make my defence. and this is a forum and up for discussion and not limited to a specified people. if thats so, ppl who come here to ask for some advise have to mention names of whom the advise are expected.

Ahhhh i see that you think almost all the posts are relevant to you, im sorry i was not aware that you were the president of the "linda langa sangamaya". Carry on then, my apologies.

Ripper and Watchman, thank you for responding in a civilized manner (since my last post). Appreciate it. However, Hater's behaviour cannot be justified.

For the rest who have nothing but the female reproductive system in their heads... ":)"

• Like 1

Ripper and Watchman, thank you for responding in a civilized manner (since my last post). Appreciate it. However, Hater's behaviour cannot be justified.

For the rest who have nothing but the female reproductive system in their heads... " :)"

the "hater" has contributed positively to the forum more than all you guys combined. In fact, your first posts were the posts made on this very thread yeah?

What's not justified is making a scene out of nothing and dragging it for this long!

• Like 1

the "hater" has contributed positively to the forum more than all you guys combined. In fact, your first posts were the posts made on this very thread yeah?

What's not justified is making a scene out of nothing and dragging it for this long!

Actually, it was not "nothing"... it was "something" and many other members including myself saw how unethical it was.

A newbie comes along and posts something which was already discussed + which was irrelevant etc. There is a proper way of communicating that fact to him/her isn't there? We're not animals to be barking at each other are we? THAT is my point. I hope you of all people understand.

I admit to the fact that I have not contributed to this forum technically, well anyone can find out about technical stuff, but contributing by pointing out about moral qualities – no one can Google that for you now can they?

I'll remind the Hater or anyone else if something like this happens again. Standing up for what’s right is not a crime.

Edited by shanewest

Ahhhh i see that you think almost all the posts are relevant to you, im sorry i was not aware that you were the president of the "linda langa sangamaya". Carry on then, my apologies.

I really don't understand why you make sucha statement whereas I have given my fair opinion on some other posts. Posts which come up in this forum are not specifically for some limited ppl, ppl with knowledge on that area are welcome to give their opinion, suggestions, solutions depending on the question or fact posed. So I strongly believe that I have achieved justice through commenting some valid comments on previous threads and definitely not on this thread coz this go off the track. You need not appologize since what you gotta know (i.e im the president of your so called linda langa sangamaya) is in fact a false news or false conception which you have acquired by misjudging here.

Actually, it was not "nothing"... it was "something" and many other members including myself saw how unethical it was.

A newbie comes along and posts something which was already discussed + which was irrelevant etc. There is a proper way of communicating that fact to him/her isn't there? We're not animals to be barking at each other are we? THAT is my point. I hope you of all people understand.

I admit to the fact that I have not contributed to this forum technically, well anyone can find out about technical stuff, but contributing by pointing out about moral qualities – no one can Google that for you now can they?

I'll remind the Hater or anyone else if something like this happens again. Standing up for what’s right is not a crime.

See, if you're a newbie to a community you should probably try to learn the at least that forum's etiquettes before you go around 'spreading knowledge'. We were all a newbie on AL a some point.. And we're also probably a newbie in some other forum. So in each of them we understand the tone to take..

And "my A$$" is something we all say to denote sarcasm.. and we're not writing articles for the Washington Post here to leave sarcasm and emotions out of our writing..

And frankly, even I dont remember the last time I wrote a proper response to a technical question cos either they are hardly asked or the questions are lost in between the many redundant hybrid/viva/fuel-efifciency/what-can-i-buy-for-XXX threads...

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

dude,

there were like 3 or 4 people who got all excited over JD's comment. If you look at those few people, almost of all of em haven't done jack here other than whining and cribbing. All your posts so far have in that category. Mind you JD's reply was not for the OP but for the second guy "Ayad". And he was man enough to take a punch and not get rattled like the girl gang who threw a hissy fit.

Also if you think google can give you all the technical info you want, there really wont be any use for forums like these yeah?

AL gives a local perspective to many things your google can't really give you. And i dont think i'm alone when i say that we dont need your "Moral Policing" here mate.

This place has worked for years and years without that sorta thing.

And for your last point. As watchman said, you and your lil gang is new here. This is community that has worked and helped thousands of people when googling had failed. If you think you can just march in and "moral police" us...you're sadly mistaken!

In any forum, the pulse lies with members who regularly comment and help people out. Not with fly by night cyber white knights.

• Like 5

Toronto suddenly speaks Sinhala now. And I thought this was a forum where you should communicate in English only. Before asking someone to follow, make sure you do.

He talks highly about patience in his signature, but I guess it's as distorted and warped as the Astina right above it.

Now go back to what you were doing in Toronto. This was an issue with the Hater's "@$$", not yours, so I'm going to ignore your sick statements.

See, if you're a newbie to a community you should probably try to learn the at least that forum's etiquettes before you go around 'spreading knowledge'.

True. That doesn't mean you can forget about the forum etiquette as you become a senior.

And frankly, even I dont remember the last time I wrote a proper response to a technical question cos either they are hardly asked or the questions are lost in between the many redundant hybrid/viva/fuel-efifciency/what-can-i-buy-for-XXX threads...

I've seen that myself and I agree with you. But I'm sure you understand that not everyone is as good as you or Ripper or the Hater or so many senior members when it comes to cars. In times like that, the best you can do is to either offer a helping hand or plain and simple.... "keep quiet". As I have mentioned earlier, there is no hard and fast rule saying that you're supposed to reply to every thread on the forum.

Thanks for being civilized.

PS: I wonder if the Moderator will let us have this discussion on a dedicated thread.

you idiot do u know what sovereign means.. this was not about countries soverigninty..., u and the other dipshit voters have destroyed that already.. but i would like to meet u fags so that i can dish this shit out verbally than through a keyboard..

If you know only one meaning what sovereign means, please do have a thorough study on what it means. Sovereign can be a person or body of person who is habitually obeyed by the mass of the people and does not obey a like superior. It's orders are followed by its subjects. So in short, it is internally supreme and externally independent. now what? you want a papadam?

• Like 1

Please we keep repeating ourself over and over again to tell you bunch of dumbasses to use the search function instead of opening new threads every time you find something amusing on the internet; besides copy pasting without even properly thinking it through if the mentioned advices are relevant to Sri Lanka isnt a contribution !

I was away and got amazed this has drawn that far. The Stig, you are correct, I made a mistake by posting without any search. But I never wanted to give any advice but opened for purely for discussion

• Like 1

dude,

there were like 3 or 4 people who got all excited over JD's comment. If you look at those few people, almost of all of em haven't done jack here other than whining and cribbing. All your posts so far have in that category. Mind you JD's reply was not for the OP but for the second guy "Ayad". And he was man enough to take a punch and not get rattled like the girl gang who threw a hissy fit.

1. The reply was for the second guy alright, but it was "about" the OP.

2. If someone tried to "punch" a person who had nothing but the intention of helping out some other people, should you be OK with it? Would you??

3. Standing up against something which is not ethical doesn't make one a "girl".

Also if you think google can give you all the technical info you want, there really wont be any use for forums like these yeah?

AL gives a local perspective to many things your google can't really give you. And i dont think i'm alone when i say that we dont need your "Moral Policing" here mate.

This place has worked for years and years without that sorta thing.

Yes it gives the local perspective most of the times and I appreciate that a lot. The thing is, Google never gives anyone the "@$$" when you try to find out something which might be straightforward to most people and maybe not you. So you're right in a sense... Google can't really give you the sort of response that the Hater would give.

And for your last point. As watchman said, you and your lil gang is new here. This is community that has worked and helped thousands of people when googling had failed. If you think you can just march in and "moral police" us...you're sadly mistaken!

In any forum, the pulse lies with members who regularly comment and help people out. Not with fly by night cyber white knights.

Correct, it doesn't lie within the members who display hatred and vulgarity.

I'm not talking about a "moral police" here. More threads will lead to arguments about the way seniors respond to newbies if this is not dealt with. That's what I said. Come on, it shouldn't be that hard to be polite now is it?

I was away and got amazed this has drawn that far. The Stig, you are correct, I made a mistake by posting without any search. But I never wanted to give any advice but opened for purely for discussion

:) Yes, thanks whmsujith. Your intention is totally acceptable. It's just that some Haters couldn't stand the fact that your thread was of little importance to them.

• Like 1

1. The reply was for the second guy alright, but it was "about" the OP.

2. If someone tried to "punch" a person who had nothing but the intention of helping out some other people, should you be OK with it? Would you??

3. Standing up against something which is not ethical doesn't make one a "girl".

Yes it gives the local perspective most of the times and I appreciate that a lot. The thing is, Google never gives anyone the "@$$" when you try to find out something which might be straightforward to most people and maybe not you. So you're right in a sense... Google can't really give you the sort of response that the Hater would give.

Correct, it doesn't lie within the members who display hatred and vulgarity.

I'm not talking about a "moral police" here. More threads will lead to arguments about the way seniors respond to newbies if this is not dealt with. That's what I said. Come on, it shouldn't be that hard to be polite now is it?

i dont want to waste my time with you but leave forum moderating to Pericles and Madz. it's not your job to judge what's right and wrong for the forum.

By all means do that in your private life.

There is a report button appearing under every single post, use it and let the moderators do their job without trying to be drama queen.

Edited by Ripper

i dont want to waste my time with you but leave forum moderating to the Pericles and Madz. it's not your job to judge what's right and wrong for the forum.

By all means do that in your private life.

There is a report button appearing under every single forum, use it and let the moderators do their job without trying to be drama queen.

Already done. But I don't think it will result in any action being taken against the Hater because I was made to understand that most of you know each other on a "personal level".

Already done. But I don't think it will result in any action being taken against the Hater because I was made to understand that most of you know each other on a "personal level".

Obviously you know jack about anything and want to see the worst of everything.

Although we do know quite a few of the regulars, all of us fall in line when Peri asks us to do so.

Plenty of us have got warnings and even temporary suspension of accounts! Just ask VVTI, Masterdon, Pradfred etc etc

You know nothing mate! And it's best to dial down things a bit before making a bigger joker out of yourself.

• Like 1