• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 Idle Issue

Sha7

Question

Guys, I have this issue on my Mazda 3 2007 auto and want to know if anyone has experience such a thing and a place where I can get this fixed (except Mazna and CarMart)

1. Car is running normal 95% of the time

2. Sometimes while driving I feel that car is pulling too much and accelerating itself. When I release the accelerator RPM does not come down as at normal condition. When this happens breaking power is also low due to engine pulling the car. RPM retains at about 1000 RPM

3. When I pull the car to side and take the gear to "N" RPM goes up to 1500 - 2000. Then after few seconds it comes down to 1000 again and races itself few times between 2000-1500-1000 and then comes to normal idle. then I can continue normally.

4. If I do a ECU reset I can go about 500km without this. But again issue occurs.

5. I cleaned the Throttle body and that's not the issue, When scanned everything seems ok, probably because issue is not there when I scan.

Has anyone experience such an issue. I searched on net and most of the threads talk about Purge Solenoid. But not sure.

Thanks,

7 answers to this question

Guess you have a faulty throttle position sensor. Not a big issue if so. Get your IAC (Idle air control) checked. Dont forget to check your air passages and vacuum lines for possible leaks and blockages. what ever the situation, just a simple job for a good technician.

MINIACE

• Like 2

Guess you have a faulty throttle position sensor. Not a big issue if so. Get your IAC (Idle air control) checked. Dont forget to check your air passages and vacuum lines for possible leaks and blockages. what ever the situation, just a simple job for a good technician.

MINIACE

Thanks Miniace. Can you suggest me a good place to get this done?

When performing the ECU reset, you have to make sure that the battery stays disconnected for at least 30 minutes. This should clear the KAM and put the car back into a relearn mode.

If this does not remedy the issue, get it scanned and check for any "pending" codes in the PCM.