• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is There Any Place To Repair Car Security Systems?

kasunj

Hello Guys

Recently I purchased a registered car with a remote key (Security system). But the remote key was not working when the time i purchased (Car doesn't respond - lock and unlock...) . Owner told me, that is because of the battery and need to replace it. After purchasing the car I went to a Security system selling shop and asked for a battery replacement. They check the remote and told, that the battery is good and some other problem in the security system and it can not be repaired. But he told me installed security system is very good one and it will work for more than 4 years. The brand is 'silicon'. Is there any place to repair security systems? Please help me.

Thanks

Can't you find out from the previous owner who installed the system? I had a similar issue and only the guy who installed that particular system was able to provide a clear solution as it was not a commonly found brand.

• Like 1

Hello Guys

Thanks

'kasunj',

As vishkid post says try to get the address of the person who fitted the security system. When you got the car previous owner had informed you to change battery the battery is very cheap do not cost much, the system would have given trouble early, if not the previous owner had told you a lie to change battery then it will work

If you cant find out the person who fitted the security system. It will be difficult to reset the same. most places who deal with new security systems will not do other fixed systems. they want to sell their systems.

it is better to go for a new system. from reputed dealers list given by a member dpbatagoda. I recommend last two dealers to get a new system.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Since we're on the topic, can you guys shed some light on the security systems and the companies who install them in Sri Lanka. My criteria are good after sales support, reputable brand/ company, reasonable price.

The system I need is very basic, remote lock/ unlock with an actuator and function to remote unlock the boot, and very basic security functions. This is to replace the system that came with my car and like the OP's the key has stopped working and I recon I will have to sell my house if I take it to Unimo to get it repaired with a genuine Mitsubishi system.

Since we're on the topic, can you guys shed some light on the security systems and the companies who install them in Sri Lanka. My criteria are good after sales support, reputable brand/ company, reasonable price.

The system I need is very basic, remote lock/ unlock with an actuator and function to remote unlock the boot, and very basic security functions. This is to replace the system that came with my car and like the OP's the key has stopped working and I recon I will have to sell my house if I take it to Unimo to get it repaired with a genuine Mitsubishi system.

Don,

Ring up the Pet#o and Sunlanka find out their costs. I personally recommend Pet#o as they are in business for more than 25 years.

UNIMO is out of the question.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear i installed 6yrs ago security sys from S*U*N L and still works no problems and last week installed new introduced one full touch system though its looking nice its operationg not easy as no buttons and even to unlock similer as i phones cost is 22500 but seems not good but other one i installed for brothers car is hand free keyless entry its good only around 17000 .and their services good.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys... mine has a security system too... Before starting the car, I have to switch on the car with the switch in the remote itself for the dashboard indicators to work and then I will I be able to get the car started. It has no issue... my question is, if the remote battery goes off, I won't be able to switch on the car right... In that case, is there any other alternative, to switch on the car? (Like how am I supposed to know the status of the battery life, before this issue arise?)

On the other hand, when I lock the car with the remote, it gets unlocked after like 30 seconds.. So I always lock it with the key... Has anyone else encountered this auto unlocking issue?

And also is it possible to completely eradicate the security system and just get the car started without the switch in the remote?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by PreseaLover

Hi guys... mine has a security system too... Before starting the car, I have to switch on the car with the switch in the remote itself for the dashboard indicators to work and then I will I be able to get the car started. It has no issue... my question is, if the remote battery goes off, I won't be able to switch on the car right... In that case, is there any other alternative, to switch on the car? (Like how am I supposed to know the status of the battery life, before this issue arise?)

On the other hand, when I lock the car with the remote, it gets unlocked after like 30 seconds.. So I always lock it with the key... Has anyone else encountered this auto unlocking issue?

And also is it possible to completely eradicate the security system and just get the car started without the switch in the remote?

Thanks in advance...

As per your description, you probably have an aftermarket security system installed with remote start, which is probably turned for the worst with age.

Yes any average electrician can remove the alarm / security system successfully provided that the wiring loom is successfully restored back to safe oem spec.

(There will be numerous splicing by the existing system).

My suggestion would be to remove the current system and install a newer simpler car remote lock / unlock module with / without alarm as per your requirement, but avoiding the remote start function.

In my experience, these systems last like for 5-7 years at most and then the remotes or central module gives away eventually.

I always have an extra battery for the remote stored in the vehicle.

Edited by tiv

As per your description, you probably have an aftermarket security system installed with remote start, which is probably turned for the worst with age.

Yes any average electrician can remove the alarm / security system successfully provided that the wiring loom is successfully restored back to safe oem spec.

My suggestion would be to remove the current system and install a newer simpler car remote lock / unlock module with / without alarm as per your requirement, but avoiding the remote start function.

In my experience, these systems last like for 5-7 years at most and then the remotes or central module gives away eventually.

Thanks for your reply TIV :) Yes, I'll go to Sunlanka at Kandana today and remove this entirely... Hope they will do this perfetly....

So I went to 'Autolovers' in Kandana and removed the security system.. It was a one minute task... it was just a unit plugged (Like a tv game cartridge) and the pic of the unit is attached herewith... Took 400 bucks ileljzK.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • I have the same brand 'silicon' security system in my car and works fine. Could only lock and unlock all doors through the remote. No way to lock the doors when the car start to move (speed lock / break lock ?).
  • Myself checked the system and found two wires disconnected from ACC and foot break. After connecting both wires the system locking doors automatically after the car start and press the break pedal in first time.
  • Also when stop the engine, all door locks open again automatically which is fine.
  • Now the issue is, if a door opens while engine is ON, the security system start to chime. So always need to stop the engine if one passenger need to get down in between the journey. Anyone face this issue in your security systems ? If so any solution please.

Also anyone have user manual of 'silicon' car security system which is made in Singapore ? The security system circuit have 4-5 jumpers and no way to find their usage. So willing to know their functions too.

Edited by kusumsiri

. my question is, if the remote battery goes off, I won't be able to switch on the car right... In that case, is there any other alternative, to switch on the car? (Like how am I supposed to know the status of the battery life, before this issue arise?)

As per my knowladge when battery power getting decrease remote working distance also gradually decrease.

That mean, in one year back you can lock/unlock ur car from 100m away and now you need to close at least 50m to ur car for lock/unlock

Amila

• I have the same brand 'silicon' security system in my car and works fine. Could only lock and unlock all doors through the remote. No way to lock the doors when the car start to move (speed lock / break lock ?).
  • Myself checked the system and found two wires disconnected from ACC and foot break. After connecting both wires the system locking doors automatically after the car start and press the break pedal in first time.
  • Also when stop the engine, all door locks open again automatically which is fine.
  • Now the issue is, if a door opens while engine is ON, the security system start to chime. So always need to stop the engine if one passenger need to get down in between the journey. Anyone face this issue in your security systems ? If so any solution please.

Also anyone have user manual of 'silicon' car security system which is made in Singapore ? The security system circuit have 4-5 jumpers and no way to find their usage. So willing to know their functions too.

Try at Siri Motors Panchikawatte. AFAIK they were the dealers for Silicon brand in early 90's