• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Duet - Is It A Good Car ?????

nadisha

Question

I'm thinking of buying a new car. initially thought of going for a starlet. but the prices are too high for me to go for it.

So, thinking about duet. my main concerns are,

1. fuel economy

2. availability of spare parts

3. easy maintenance

Does any one has experience with this vehicle and if so pls let me know......

10 answers to this question

Hi, I once was interested on this duet ( at that time it was around 1 million), but heard from many that Spares were a problem in this model....and also not that many duets around too, with a low 2nd hand mkt due to the spares I believe...I went for a Startlet ( which was higher in price even then ),but was a good decision at the end...

Hi, I once was interested on this duet ( at that time it was around 1 million), but heard from many that Spares were a problem in this model....and also not that many duets around too, with a low 2nd hand mkt due to the spares I believe...I went for a Startlet ( which was higher in price even then ),but was a good decision at the end...

thanks. exactly what I wanted to know.

My Brother in law had one of these (YOM = 1999). Bought it for 12lakhs last year and sold for 12.75lakhs few days ago.

For a subcompact car, i must say that it's very spacious, comfortable and practical. Comes with sufficient amount of features such as Air bags, Power Windows, Power Mirrors etc. Equipped with a 1000cc engine (there's a 1300cc variant too) so pulls fairly decently and it's very economical too. Does around 14Km/L on average.

I don't think finding spare parts is much of an issue if you can spend sometime at Panchikawatte. My BIL's one was a lemon, misused by his previous owner and he had to do lots of repair work on the engine due to an overheating problem and our good old 'Garage baas' managed to source all the parts (Head gaskets etc.) without much fuss from Panchikawatte. The mechanics of the engine is fairly simple. So, maintaining it won't be much of a problem. The difficulty lies in finding one which is in good condition. I feel that the majority of the crowed attracted by this model are the ones who are mainly concerned about fuel economy of a vehicle. I mean the kind of people who are not that concerned about maintaining a car properly. So, often you will find specimens that are running with lots of issues. Our one had an Overheating issue, Engine vibration problem, Cranking problem (key gets stuck in the keyhole) etc. I don't think these are inherent problems of this model, but issues that arise due to misuse.

• Like 5

one of my friends had Duet Car 2000 model it is fairly good car. ecomomical body spear parts available at Delkanda area. but not avalible like starlet or march and one negative point is not comfortable like other japanese cars.