• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Latest Fiasco Of Kia Motors

Ashik

I would like to share my bitter experience with the ki Colombo recently,which will help to other those who like to purchase a Kia vehicle in Srilanka.

I opened L/C to purchase a Kia Sportgae in September 2011 (US $ rate Rs 111 at that time) and assured by the staff that i will receive my vehicle by Feb 2012.From february on-wards i was not informed properly about my vehicle arrival and end of march i visited to the showroom to esquire ( that time US $ rate Rs 131)

I got an interesting reply from one of the staff that " my order not taken place bcos they have not received the bank copy of the L/C yet.!!!!!. Requested the bank to confirm it and they came to the show room with the documentary evidence and proved that they delivered at proper time.Finally Kia motors agreed that they misplaced the document.

It took almost 6 months for me to wait for the vehicle and they were even say a simple sorry. Finally i cancel the L/C.

THE LESSON IS, IF YOU WANT TO BUY A VEHICLE THROUGH A COMPANY DON'T GO BEHIND A SINISTER COMPANY LIKE kIA MOTORS EVEN THOUGH THEY SELL WHAT EVER THE GOOD VEHICLE.

They have poor pre/post sale customer service and inefficient staff who even cant be able to work in Panchikawatha payment spare part shops.

Edited by Ashik

I think the simple problem is that the one single agent has the monopoly over permit imports. If a make had at least 2 agents we'll see some better service.

You hardly hear praise of an agent... just those who aren't complained against too much..

Edited by Watchman

I faced a similar problem with one of the agents (which i will not mention). I wrote a letter directly to their regional office as well as the main office detailing every aspect of my experience. Matter was sorted out even beyond what i expected!!

So as jdnet mentioned, complaining in forums alone is of no use, you need to take some drastic actions about it. You think customers tolerate this kind of crap in other markets??

• Like 1

I faced a similar problem with one of the agents (which i will not mention). I wrote a letter directly to their regional office as well as the main office detailing every aspect of my experience. Matter was sorted out even beyond what i expected!!

So as jdnet mentioned, complaining in forums alone is of no use, you need to take some drastic actions about it. You think customers tolerate this kind of crap in other markets??

I agree....you need to take steps to get your issue sorted, even if it means taking it to the next level of authority or in this case the regional office.

The response I've got by taking matters up with those relevant has been fantastic :) why take it lying down ????

irrespective of the amount you spend and what you purchase, you as a consumer have the right to be treated fairly and with respect.....a concept some of the idiots in so called customer service are not aware of.

• Like 3

Ashik, i know how crappy the staff of the agency are and i sympathise with you. I have been through hell with them as too, so gave them a lil piece of hell in return. ld say gather all the evidence, head over there and fight for your right. its the agents mistake and if you make it a massive issue they have no option but to sort it out...

just make sure you dont leave the showroom until something is done to correct your issue.

All the best

• Like 1

Ashik, i know how crappy the staff of the agency are and i sympathise with you. I have been through hell with them as too, so gave them a lil piece of hell in return. ld say gather all the evidence, head over there and fight for your right. its the agents mistake and if you make it a massive issue they have no option but to sort it out...

just make sure you dont leave the showroom until something is done to correct your issue.

All the best

thanks... Allraedy i am in the process.

There used to be a time in this country where people raised hell when they got ripped off. Now they just open autolanka accounts.

When you look at these people, it's really no wonder that the government can do what ever it wants. Welcome to Sheep Lanka. A land like no other.

and what would you have done ? i agree to complaining and stuff........but just imagine the guy just cancelled his order and most likely he will not complain out of sheer frustration. :)

Edited by rameez

my friend had an issue with his picanto when he went to service it.....the labot turnover is quite high and the fellow today is not there tommorrow. there is nothing wrong with the car. but sadly because of the silly agents ppl think twice before buying one.

I had a similar situation in 2007 when I got down a Mitsubishi Lancer EX, they promised delivery in Nov 2007 but the car came in Feb 2008. I had to pocket out around Rs. 250k (10%) over the initial price.

They said that it was due to some delay in production, I didn’t buy that cos LCs opened after mine got delivery in December 2007.

My gut feeling was that they did not place my order on time.

I wrote to M*********I, supplier S*****U, threatened legal action nothing happened.

I was so disappointed with the company I sold the car as soon as it was transferable and will not sight that place ever again.

We can raise as much hell as we want to but nothing is really gonna come out of it. I have done my share of it in there but nothing we can do other than cancel the order. As it's a permit order and the LC was opened under the permit holders name I don't think that's possible either. Let's say we resort to not paying them the local charges then they wouldn't release the vehicle to us. Ordered my vehicle in August of last year and after much delays was promised delivery last month. Now they say the ship had to bypass our port due to congestion. Only god knows if it's true or not.

I was so disappointed with the company I sold the car as soon as it was transferable and will not sight that place ever again.

Oh please. You didn't sell the car because you recieved crappy service when importing it. Atleast be honest. You sold it because it was transferrable and you could make a profit if you do.

• Like 2

Oh please. You didn't sell the car because you recieved crappy service when importing it. Atleast be honest. You sold it because it was transferrable and you could make a profit if you do.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. anyway by the time it was 'transferable' there would have been no warranty or free service that you could/would go back to the same agent for... Kind alike those people who sell thier cars cos "the wife doesnt like it", or its "too big/small for the family"..

I loved the car, so did my wife and it was ideal size for my family. The actual reason was the agent not only at the time of import but even for service / warranty it was a struggle.

The same sentiments shared by two other family members

I loved the car, so did my wife and it was ideal size for my family. The actual reason was the agent not only at the time of import but even for service / warranty it was a struggle.

The same sentiments shared by two other family members

You dont get what i'm saying do you.

Your car WASNT under warranty by the time you sold it, right? so no reason for you to have to go back to them. Anyway, tell yourself whatever you want.

and what would you have done ? i agree to complaining and stuff........but just imagine the guy just cancelled his order and most likely he will not complain out of sheer frustration. :)

Machan.. when u say complaining it not just putting a note in the complain/suggestion box. You need to take it to the highest level possible.

If I am not mistaken the head of Kia is a guy called Mahen Thambai*ya or something like that, track down the guy and make sure you explain your issue, if that fails find out the owners of the local agency and talk to them.

Ideally the difference in the FX rate from the time you were promised delivery to the actual time u receive the vehicle should come off the guy who lost your documents. They as employees of Kia are responsible on behalf of the company and they cannot simply get away from that liability. Its a simple case of negligence and you can take this case to town if you want to.

A cousin of mine ordered a Diesel sportage and was told the vehicle will be delivered on January. He's still waiting for the delivery and the latest delivery date they gave is in May and probably that'll change too... :(

I thought they had stopped offering the diesel sportage ?

I'm a bit out of touch with the K vehicles in SL, anyone know waht the warranty is on the Hyundais and Kias is these days. 5 years???

By the way, before any swinging dick says "google",. just had a quick run around the H site and warranty stuff is conspicuous by its absence.

I'm a bit out of touch with the K vehicles in SL, anyone know waht the warranty is on the Hyundais and Kias is these days. 5 years???

By the way, before any swinging dick says "google",. just had a quick run around the H site and warranty stuff is conspicuous by its absence.

Althouth Hyndai & Kia are virtually the same company the local agents are different. From what I have heard the Hyndai outfit is better.

If I remember correctly the local warranty is 3 years.

Tx, Carbon. Now this is fascinating, why 3 years warranty in SL when the rest of the world is 5 for H and K vehicles? Mind you, I shouldn't whinge, I remember my first new car EVER was a 1600L Beetle which came with 3 months warranty!