• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Elantra 2012

xterminator

It cracks me up that you keep hammering away at the wheel thing when I really truly don't care one bit about it. It obviously still hasn't dawned on you that I wouldn't have had a photo of the said wheel as my profile pic for most of last year if I really cared about it.

Really is that why you had a profile pic of the wheel and your middle figure ? I dont know about you but if i didnt care about something i would just ignore it and wont be bothered to make a profile pic out of it, admit it cali you got owned and you got stripped naked.

Well caring aside its pretty damn hilarious to find a so called "expert" on hybrids not knowing a simple thing like that when even a 5 year old could have figure it out, so yes we do find it to be big deal !

And congrats on being mechanically profficient. Those of us who are perfectly happy to have our mechanics do all the work don't really give a crap.

Which is exactly why you dont belong in an automotive enthusiast forum, now please stick to your "high breed" threads and dont talk about things you dont know. come to think of it is there anything you do know about cars ?

• Like 1

Really is that why you had a profile pic of the wheel and your middle figure ? I dont know about you but if i didnt care about something i would just ignore it and wont be bothered to make a profile pic out of it, admit it cali you got owned and you got stripped naked. Well caring aside its pretty damn hilarious to find a so called "expert" on hybrids not knowing a simple thing like that when even a 5 year old could have figure it out, so yes we do find it to be big deal !Which is exactly why you dont belong in an automotive enthusiast forum, now please stick to your "high breed" threads and dont talk about things you dont know. come to think of it is there anything you do know about cars ?

All of last year you called the local hybrid drivers "cheapskates". And you (wrongly) predicted that hybrids would fail in SL. That lack of ability to see the big picture just shows that although you might know how to turn a wrench on engine, which a monkey can be taught how to do, thinking is not something you do well. So go right ahead and continue feeling extremely proud about your ability to turn a wrench.

All of last year you called the local hybrid drivers "cheapskates". And you (wrongly) predicted that hybrids would fail in SL. That lack of ability to see the big picture just shows that although you might know how to turn a wrench on engine, which a monkey can be taught how to do, thinking is not something you do well. So go right ahead and continue feeling extremely proud about your ability to turn a wrench.

you were abused as a child, weren't you?

He's being abused as a (physical) adult, but he is too dumb to realize it.

I just don't get this guy, Peri. He gets verbally abused on a daily basis and still keep coming back. Reminds me of those women who get beaten up by their husbands/boyfriends, go to a womens shelter and go back to the men the next morning and keep continuing the cycle. I think poor miss cali needs to see a psychiatrist.

Edited by jdnet

This could also be because cali is really lonely and seeks out any human contact, good or bad. He might just be a really lonely kid living in the attic and his only source of communication with the outside world is through autolanka. Maybe that's why he keeps coming back. I think he would be a good case study for a psych paper.

Going up against donkeys who give advice like

- The reviews and information on international car websites means nothing and is of no use.

as well as

- Porsche hybrid buyers are cheapskates.

- All hybrid buyers are cheapskates.

- We advise you not to buy a hybrid (when the tax is 38%). We advise you to hold off buying a hybrid (till the taxes have doubled)

- Hybrids will fail in Sri Lanka

is not "getting abused". It's just going up against a bunch of donkeys.

Completely normal and par for the course in SL, where the fellows who can't see or think beyond their noses let alone 5 years into the future are everywhere.

is not "getting abused". It's just going up against a bunch of donkeys.

Completely normal and par for the course in SL, where the fellows who can't see or think beyond their noses let alone 5 years into the future are everywhere.

ane meya see, we maybe donkeys, but, what do you call the guy who keeps returning to this site even though everyone hates him, insults him and thinks he should off himself?

Well like everyone else pointed out you are too damn stupid to understand that you are being ridiculed, so please go away no one wants you here neither are you helping anyone here !

Marketing division seems to be getting desperate. :lol:

No, not at all since the marketing division knows that what happens in the real world is what really matters. Not what is said in some forum (which is purely entertainment for the marketing division).

And in the real world, hybrids are selling quite splendidly. And with the latest tax revisions and increases in fuel prices they are all set to capture even more market share this year than last year, and sell even more splendidly.

So my dear donkeys, every time you see a hybrid on the road, just remember that every single one of those hybrids is the marketing division laughing at you.

Wonder what you call a chap who keep going up against a bunch of donkeys... and keeps losing.....

Again, what happens in the real world is what really matters.

And in the real world, the people have paid no attention whatsoever to the forum donkeys advice, but instead have bought hybrids by the thousands, and will continue to do so. The April 1 tax changes and Toyota Lanka beginning official importation of hybrids next month only seals the deal.

The donkeys have lost and don't even know :rolleyes: it. :D

Pau. Bugger still doesn't understand the audience of this website and thinks its some kinda victory that hybrids sell ;) Too bad he wasn't around for things like the 121 craze. The only change that might happen here is that advice to petrol hinganno will change from "Go buy an Corolla and stop bothering us" to "Go buy a Prius and stop bothering us", and that will happen only when appropriate. Because most of the regulars who populate AL actually know the real life situation and know their cars, unlike google fans that don't know their hubcaps and follow the herd. Yeah, there are thousands buying hybrids. Earlier there were thousands buying Axios. Before that there were thousands willing to give up their left nut and buy a 121. There were huge numbers that thought ricing up mom's civic with a fart can and body kit meant they had a sports car. Regulars on AL don't give a damn. Coz people who stick around automotive forums are there coz they like automobiles and like driving, not because they just want to go from A-to-B.

But only a true retard can keep forgetting how many times he has been proven wrong and dismissed, only to keep coming back for more coz he just doesn't get it.

Of course, true retards are the ones who assume people have said certain things -

kNk9e.jpg

OK, Cali, you have "won" :) Now go away. You're on the wrong thread.

• Like 4

Pau. Bugger still doesn't understand the audience of this website and thinks its some kinda victory that hybrids sell ;) Too bad he wasn't around for things like the 121 craze. The only change that might happen here is that advice to petrol hinganno will change from "Go buy an Corolla and stop bothering us" to "Go buy a Prius and stop bothering us", and that will happen only when appropriate. Because most of the regulars who populate AL actually know the real life situation and know their cars, unlike google fans that don't know their hubcaps and follow the herd. Yeah, there are thousands buying hybrids. Earlier there were thousands buying Axios. Before that there were thousands willing to give up their left nut and buy a 121. There were huge numbers that thought ricing up mom's civic with a fart can and body kit meant they had a sports car. Regulars on AL don't give a damn. Coz people who stick around automotive forums are there coz they like automobiles and like driving, not because they just want to go from A-to-B.

But only a true retard can keep forgetting how many times he has been proven wrong and dismissed, only to keep coming back for more coz he just doesn't get it.

Of course, true retards are the ones who assume people have said certain things -

kNk9e.jpg

OK, Cali, you have "won" :) Now go away. You're on the wrong thread.

Of course, true retards are the ones who assume people have said certain things - OK, Cali, you have "won" :) Now go away. You're on the wrong thread.

In that case, your 'regular' fellows should stick to giving advice about Axios 121's and fart canons, because all their advice and predictions about hybrids have turned out to be completely wrong.

darth-vader-epic-fail.jpg

ps. You also seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it was jdnet who first sent this thread off course with his retarded comment that the reviews and information on international car websites mean nothing.

• Like 1

Wow ignorance at its best, somehow he thinks that AL is a forum where there are genies and and fortune teller predict the future looking into a magic crystal ball :rolleyes:

ps. You also seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it was jdnet who first sent this thread off course with his retarded comment that the reviews and information on international car websites mean nothing.

How does stating that the U.S. reviews reviews you posted on this site car mean nothing, taking this thread off course? It's a fact that the U.S. models vary for the ones we find in Sri Lanka. You just can't seem to grasp the concept. While you may get all your information from google, we get it from real life, actually driving and working on cars.

• Like 1

How does stating that the U.S. reviews reviews you posted on this site car mean nothing, taking this thread off course? It's a fact that the U.S. models vary for the ones we find in Sri Lanka. You just can't seem to grasp the concept. While you may get all your information from google, we get it from real life, actually driving and working on cars.

Wow ignorance at its best, somehow he thinks that AL is a forum where there are genies and and fortune teller predict the future looking into a magic crystal ball :rolleyes:

The more you try to appear clever, the more you prove how dumb you really are.

You yourself were one of the people (that you are now calling ignorant) who played 'fortune teller and genie' and made a prediction about the future of hybrids in SL. Yes, you are ignorant and stupid too cause you just OWNED yourself.

x2jrcz.jpg

When it comes to 'The Stig'......

You_Can_t_Fix_Stupid.jpg

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

When they can't defend, they will offend. (with the only possible word that was used on him by the parents - "retard").

Ignore with a " :)"; Otherwise this thread also might end up having filth more than facts about the Elantra.

Edit: Oh wait... the Hater has displayed his @$$ here as well. Too late.

Edited by shanewest
  • Like 1

When they can't defend, they will offend. (with the only possible word that was used on him by the parents - "retard").

Ignore with a " :)"; Otherwise this thread also might end up having filth more than facts about the Elantra.

Edit: Oh wait... the Hater has displayed his @$$ here as well. Too late.

cancer

LOL....your desperation :rolleyes: and grasping for straws is completely understandable.

Every time you attempt to go mano-a-mano with me, not only do you get completely owned, but you end up getting brutilated.

YouFailfish.jpg

Well guys last week I took my car to Hybrid motors for a tune up. Thought to share my experience there. First impression is not so good. The gate was not attended and was partially closed. Had to honk few times to get it opened. The main garage is housed in an old warehouse. There were 5 prii including mine and 1 Honda civic and few other non-hybrid vehicles in the garage. You don’t see the usual hustle and bustle that you see at A*W or other workshops here. There were few technicians including a couple of Singaporeans and a hot looking female in the office. The Singaporean guys supervises the local staff and saw one of them advising the technicians time to time while the job is underway which is a good thing.

The Labour charge for the tune up was 8k. Replaced all Iridium spark plugs for 3200/- a piece. The price list displayed at the desk showed 16k for a lubrication service. The only addition to it was the hybrid system scan. But IMO that’s not necessary at each service. So I would not recommend hybrid motors for routine service. The price is too high.

Out of the 5 Prii which were there two had come for tune-ups. Another 2 for accident repairs and the other for inverter coolant pump replacement. The Civic was lying there due to inverter failure. . So far there has been one case of inverter replacement in a Prius. The cost is somewhere around 400k. The most common failure is the inverter coolant pump failure, the replacement including Labour will cost around 25kAs I know there is a bad patch of inverter coolant pumps in the 2nd gen Prius and they fail after about 100K km. When it fails the check engine light and master warning light will be lit. But still you are able to drive the car. So that’s why you have to be careful. You are allowed to drive the car few km (with AC switched off) without overheating the inverter. But most prudent thing is to tow the vehicle. Also there is this simple check that you can do to make sure your inverter coolant pump is working properly. When the car is on standby open the cap of the inverter coolant reservoir. You should see turbulence in the fluid and if you squeeze the rubber hose you should feel the fluid passing.When the pump is failing it pumps less and less fluid so you know when to replace.

Talking about the professionalism of the local technicians there….well I’m not so impressed. All the tiny parts which was removed the guy didn’t separate properly, and the result.. one of the clips was missing from the plastic cover after the job was done.

Quoting directly from your good buddy rover's experiences here, NOT something we "short sighted hybrid haters" made up btw.... Let's see now, I seem to recall someone here getting their knickers all wet with excitement and doing PR for this Hybrid Motors place.... Words like "international management" and "professional technicians" and so on were used when that particular piece of PR was being done on the AL forum.

And before we get to the Inverter Issue, I realize that Hybrid motors only had a couple of cars at the time rover visited. But a source within Toyota Lanka (who actually does work on the things instead of sitting at a computer pleasuring himself to them) told me that the number of cars that have turned up with inverter issues are already well into the double figures.

What you don't seem to have taken into account Cali is the FACT (yes, fact) that most of the Prii that our herds went and bought have already covered close to or over a 100k before they were shipped here. Which makes them prime candidates for the Inverter problems that are also, FACTS.

Which is why we "Hybrid Haters" or whatever you choose to call us (I prefer the term "Skeptics") have said all along that just because they sell to our herds of fuel obsessed donkeys and don't become paperweights in the short term, that doesn't mean that they will hold up to our conditions and the way we use cars in the Long run.

But clearly you my friend, are not interested in the long run.

• Like 3