• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Sequoia Or Lexus Lx

Malaka2

Question

Getting back to the topic, Malaka any particular reason why you are only looking in to Toyota/Lexus? Nissan Amada and Infinity QX will be worth taking a look too. Also within the Toyota/Lexus umbrella another two option to look at would be the Lexus GX and the Toyota Land Cruise.

If you are willing to compromise a bit on the size of the SUV, you'll spoil for options even under the premium makes like the Q7, X5/X6, Cayenne, LR3.

Come to think of it, LX been one of the most expensive SUV in the NA market, if you can afford one you can pretty much afford anything. If i were you I'll take a look at the Range Rover lineup.

Getting back to the topic, Malaka any particular reason why you are only looking in to Toyota/Lexus? Nissan Amada and Infinity QX will be worth taking a look too. Also within the Toyota/Lexus umbrella another two option to look at would be the Lexus GX and the Toyota Land Cruise.

If you are willing to compromise a bit on the size of the SUV, you'll spoil for options even under the premium makes like the Q7, X5/X6, Cayenne, LR3.

Come to think of it, LX been one of the most expensive SUV in the NA market, if you can afford one you can pretty much afford anything. If i were you I'll take a look at the Range Rover lineup.

Some find it as ugly, but it looks really hot to me! and Nissan patrol Y62 is better than Land Cruiser 200 series so probably the QX should be better than the LX as well!

1005_09b+2011_infiniti_qX56+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Some find it as ugly, but it looks really hot to me! and Nissan patrol Y62 is better than Land Cruiser 200 series so probably the QX should be better than the LX as well!

1005_09b+2011_infiniti_qX56+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Care to elaborate as to how it's better?

care to say why you're going for the largest SUV's on the market? In my opinion, it's overkill unless you've got a big boat or a trailor to pull around. I know it's your money and you've probably thought about it before you zero'd in on these two vehicles but here's my take on it ... I feel I can comment here because I too was a "I NEED THE BIGGEST THING ON THE ROAD" kinda guy. I've always wanted a Ford Excursion (not produced anymore) and wanted to go for a GMC Yukon Denali but we settled on a Ford Explorer Limited with all the bells and whistles. It was much more fun to drive around town, did better on gas and the wife wouldn't let go of the keys!!! I rented a Ford Expedition when I crashed my work truck and damn, that thing was a SHIP! A big and powerful answer to a question that was forced on people who really didn't need the excess. It was ofcourse nice to drive around like you're the king of the road, but it got old really fast and then moving around in town with the rest of the traffic, UGH! finding parking spots and parallel parking, manuvering around the mall parking lots and fitting into the narrow spots, making tight turns and u-turns in neighborhoods was all a pain in the ass!!! Sorry, that's just my take on full size SUV's.

A few more thoughts...

The largest SUV's get hit with the biggest depreciation with the volatile nature of gas prices these days.

If you're buying this for your wife, I'd recommend going one step smaller due to ease of manuvarabillity, parking and general handling. Toyota has the 4Runner that can be had very well loaded and if that's not luxury enough, it's cousin the GX is an option. They both provide plenty of space and are a bit more more economical and will save you $$$$'s just buying it. Also look into what gas you'll need to use, the lexus is probably "premium gas only" ... Go to https://www.fueleconomy.gov/ and check out the figures

I know you asked about just the two options you posted but had to give you my opinion ... this is the internet afterall!!! lol

Edited by MeanGreenZ28
  • Like 3

Reviews like these can be very one sided machang. This doesn't prove anything. Perceived quality etc etc depends on the individual who tests it. Why do you think Nissan don't offer this in a larger scale world wide? They still offer the old Patrol with the ladder frame chassis to this part of the world. They have even copied the KDSS system in the 200 and called it another fancy name. I'd take the Landcruiser over that any day.

Reviews like these can be very one sided machang. This doesn't prove anything. Perceived quality etc etc depends on the individual who tests it. Why do you think Nissan don't offer this in a larger scale world wide? They still offer the old Patrol with the ladder frame chassis to this part of the world. They have even copied the KDSS system in the 200 and called it another fancy name. I'd take the Landcruiser over that any day.

Atleast the patrol is more powerful. and the QX looks really hot to me!

I was about to buy thal lexus lx around 4 years back in Dubai but then decided to go for a Merc s class since i already had a 4wd[prado]. But overall i had a look at the lexus and it was just awesome compared to a Sequoia

• Like 1

What's wrong with you VVti.. I think only two things before buy a car. Can I afford it??? and Do I Really need it?? If both answers are "NO". Then I definitly go for that... Come to Kandy, I'll show you Why I really go for SUVs. Oh.. Sorry then again, Afetr that I tell you that big secret, I'm sorry I have to kill you.. and the side oneway or another you will get kill, but this option less painful.. just a thought.

I was about to buy thal lexus lx around 4 years back in Dubai but then decided to go for a Merc s class since i already had a 4wd[prado]. But overall i had a look at the lexus and it was just awesome compared to a Sequoia

Yes, Lexus is better in than Sequoia. I think it worth every dollar I spent.

What's wrong with you VVti.. I think only two things before buy a car. Can I afford it??? and Do I Really need it?? If both answers are "NO". Then I definitly go for that... Come to Kandy, I'll show you Why I really go for SUVs. Oh.. Sorry then again, Afetr that I tell you that big secret, I'm sorry I have to kill you.. and the side oneway or another you will get kill, but this option less painful.. just a thought.

promises... promises... :)

get back from the US will ya after driving your Lexus... then lets sit and chat about this thing about you killing me... ;)

promises... promises... :)

get back from the US will ya after driving your Lexus... then lets sit and chat about this thing about you killing me... ;)

Bring a bottle of wine for me if you can.. It will be more enjoyable than stabbing you straight. Will ya?

Bring a bottle of wine for me if you can.. It will be more enjoyable than stabbing you straight. Will ya?

Are you retarded? Im surprised that you talk about killing another human being with such lightness.. Seriously dude, chill out. On the topic, an S class and these SUV's are in the same price range? Makes sense to go for an S class definitely..

Are you retarded? Im surprised that you talk about killing another human being with such lightness.. Seriously dude, chill out. On the topic, an S class and these SUV's are in the same price range? Makes sense to go for an S class definitely..

Straga, this is just Kindergarden Talks from a Kandy Lamissi.... :)

Hilarious at best.

S Class?? Are you nuts? An S Class cannot compensate for him... he needs a bigger vehicle... :)

• Like 1

Straga, this is just Kindergarden Talks from a Kandy Lamissi.... :)

Hilarious at best.

S Class?? Are you nuts? An S Class cannot compensate for him... he needs a bigger vehicle... :)

Ya, I need bigger vehicles, So do you have a problem with that machalo? I could find a smart car if you want tiny pieces.

Hey Malaka2 why not New M class in merc. Its looks pretty good to me, I hated that model until I saw that in New York Auto show. if you can rent a car for 3 months then you can buy the new Mercedes GL, http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1204_2013_mercedes_benz_gl_class/ Thats gonna be the best full size SUV on the market. Oh else go for BMW 5 series or BMW X5, But then again BMW X5 model replacement is due in a year. I would say not to go for any premium Japanies brands like lexus as underneeth the beefed up body its just another Toyota. Dont go for infiniti, or Acura either. Go for the German brand like Merc or BMW or Audi. If you buy a BMW it will do good in depreciation wise.