• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise From Drivers Side Wheel

Shri

Question

There is a noise( "cling") coming out every morning(Also starting after parking couple of hrs) from the drivers side wheel, which couldnt determined by my mechanic so far. earliar i thought it comes from the brake pads. but it doesnt. also thought it comes from the belts. so replaced. none of them helped.

the pretty strange thing abt it is the sound disappears after driving several kilometers.

and also its not coming from the Cv joint.

Need your valuable comments in deretmining the fault please. !

My car : Hyundai Santro 2002 Manual EFI 1.1 12 Valve

18 answers to this question

i'm not sure is this same as my relation had. His one from rear wheel and as you said when he drives few meters it wont. he was find out it was from the pad unfortunately he has to change the entire set because of the bolt. it was damaged the entire drum,pad etc etc. I think you also having the same issue....

here's a couple things to check that I've come across on our personal cars.

If its a noise that goes on constantly, not just a single "clink", Check the cotter pins at the end of the axles. The cap that is usually put on to keep the nut from backing out is sometimes loose and will make noise. However it'll do it all the time so probably not your issue. Won't hurt to check.

The next would be to check for play in your brake pads. If there's play between the holders, it may be hitting the top/bottom when it gets a fit of friction against the rotor. You may need to replace the slider plates (if that's what theyre called)

Also, did you check your tie rod ends?

• Like 1

I'm getting a "chik chik" noise ( non-metallic sound) from the front right side wheel which increases with the speed, I have heard this noise in a lot of vehicles pass by my home. I can only hear it when driving parallel to a big object like a wall. And cannot be heard when the shutters are closed. Anyone experienced same ?

I'm getting a "chik chik" noise ( non-metallic sound) from the front right side wheel which increases with the speed, I have heard this noise in a lot of vehicles pass by my home. I can only hear it when driving parallel to a big object like a wall. And cannot be heard when the shutters are closed. Anyone experienced same ?

this is typical noise from brake pads when there are un even wearouts on the disk and the pad, which is very hard to get rid of from my experience.

this is typical noise from brake pads when there are un even wearouts on the disk and the pad, which is very hard to get rid of from my experience.

But Harshan it doesn't go away when you apply brakes, if it is the issue you are mentioning, it should go away right ? :)

There may be a possibility of issue in wheel upper arm or ball joint, but for such scenario your noise will change with road condition.

But Harshan it doesn't go away when you apply brakes, if it is the issue you are mentioning, it should go away right ? :)

My car makes that noise every morning (only audible to me when driving parallel to a parapet wall or similar), but it goes away after I use the brakes a few times.

My car makes that noise every morning (only audible to me when driving parallel to a parapet wall or similar), but it goes away after I use the brakes a few times.

What do you think where the noise is coming from tango :)

Mine also has a similar noise in back wheels and goes away after a couple of brake applications.

Cause is the crappy rear brake liners. Cleaning the liners solve it for a couple of days. The solution will be to put in a good quality brake liner like FBL which I plan to do really soon.... :)

Guys, if you are getting a "chick chick chick" type noise which goes up in frequency when you accelerate and goes down in frequency when you slow down, check if your break discs have warped. It's pretty easy to do particularly in the front. Pull the hand break, put the car into neutral, jack up the car at front and give the wheel a bit of a spin and you should hear the noise.

It's also worthwhile checking the condition of break discs when its time to change the brake pads.

• Like 1