• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Renewing Of Revenue License

C Perera

• 2 years later...
Guys,

What are the doc needed when getting license for the first time. I drove a year with WP license and now trying to renew it for CP. What is the procedure.. ?

Tnx..

1. Previous Revenue Licence

2. Vehicle Insurance Certificate (card)

3. Valid Emission Test Test Certificate (ECO Test)

4. Document called called 'Nobendipatha' (Docket) obtained from RMV proves that you have cleared all payments due to Western Provincial Council.

5. And of course CASH to pay :)

Go to divisional secretariat office that you belong with above documents.

4. Document called called 'Nobendipatha' (Docket) obtained from RMV proves that you have cleared all payments due to Western Provincial Council.

I never knew about this cuz im from Kandy...

You have to get this document from RMV every year? and what payments?

Hi Guys, Bit confused here. Lets say I bought a vehicle which was under a SP plate . Now I have transferred the vehicle to my name with WP plates. However , I am still running under the revenue license bought by previous owner . Do I still need to get the "Docket" even though the vehicle is now registered as "WP" ?

apo getting this "No-badi patha" was a real headache. Copied from a previous thread:

If you have gone through a provincial change ie. WP to CP make sure that you get this "No-badi patha", faxed from the relative WP office to CP revenue license issuing office. They will ignore this unless you keep on bugging them. Happened to me when I went to Kandy office to renew my revenue license. I had all the documents in hand except this "No-badi patha", the lady there told me that they cannot issue the new revenue license without it. I saw couple of guys being sent back because they also didn’t had this document with them. However they faxed a letter informing the relative WP office to hand over the "No-badi patha" and advised me to keep on bugging them, because usually they will not fax it back on the same day. I kept on calling them and luckily they had faxed it to the CP office before 3 PM. So if you are going to get the revenue license in one day make sure that they fax it, otherwise you may have to come back on another day.

Hi Guys, Bit confused here. Lets say I bought a vehicle which was under a SP plate . Now I have transferred the vehicle to my name with WP plates. However , I am still running under the revenue license bought by previous owner . Do I still need to get the "Docket" even though the vehicle is now registered as "WP" ?

Yes I think so. My one was changed to CP with my name, and when I went to renew my revenue licence which was under the previous owners name, I still needed the no-badi patha.

got this thing done today. Thank you for the help. I didnt take docket to the office. But they called WP office and got the confirmation over the phone, and then they issued the license.

I wasnt so lucky. As I can remember, my one belonged to Kotte divisional secretariat, those buggers wont even answer the phone! :sport-smiley-005:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 3/5/2015 at 8:53 PM, jayanathkarunarathna said:

Old revanue license nathan kohda ganne open papers