• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Good Auto Electrician

harsha Gunarathne

Question

15 answers to this question

zareek,

a few months this fellow came to see my car when it was not starting.........and my car had a petrol pump installed. i was at work and told him to go and see my car.my moher knows him so he was given the keys check the issue. he called me in about 20 min telling me that the fuel pump was gone and i told him that i did not feel it like that because i did my research on the matter and the pump filled up nicely with petrol.he was a bit annoyed with that. so anyway paid his fees 300 bucks and told him that i will call him after the fuel pump is bought from panchikaawatte. went to panchikawatte and got a taiwan fuel pump and came home. i had also told this to a office friend of mine and he just sent his mechanic who was passing by the way from my house to just check my car. in fact he agreed that the pump was fine........and was more interested on how the car stoppped. it finally came up as a simple loose connection and the car fired up as usual after the connection was fixed. i wasted my money in buying a new pump.... udeni did not know what he was doing. from that day onward,s although i am not angry with him i take him only when there is no other person to handle the job.

to be frank i dont think he is highly good as ppl claim and he is quite popular among ppl who love to call and get the work done from home. i think that is the reason. also i dont think he is that good in electrical work only engine repairs.......

Edited by rameez

everyones experience with mechanics are different i guess.... Udeni is good, not great..YES, a bit over priced... i guess in your case, a bad call by him..... but in my case, he's been spot on...

Overall I'd prefer the guys at Vonmek or Auto Miraj...

let me just recommend malinga auto electricals, in bellanwila here. his work is amazing, workshop is the neatest i've seen in sri lanka. not the cheapest, but work is sterling.

nice chap too. knows his stuff. has done a lot of work for me, and other AL members. including muditha420.

0773072840. i've tagged the place on foursquare as "malinga auto electricals" if you need coordinates.

• Like 1

Mr Komi,

Is Malinga Auto electricals good for old cars. Have you seen him handling old cars?

My dad owns a morris oxford and he needs someone to look into the speedometer and the fuel gauge as well check the lights and what not. There is a discussion thread on the car as well but could not get stuff moving after we brought the car home.

Need an electrician who has some experience with old cars.

Malinga worked/works on my bluebird and so far it's been satisfactory. He fixed my tacho, which arrived in Sri Lanka broken, and I plan to sit with him and rewire the datto after paint. I've seen a few classics with him. Old minis, one Morris, and some other newer gems. Like a lancia gamma which was restored bottom up. Give him a try. If he can't fix it, he'll tell you straight up. No bush beating