• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diy Center Console Subwoofer Install - Double Cab

Ripper

how about set of quality tweeters fixed to the each corners of the dashboard where it meets A pillars?

tweets alone wont fill the forntstage machang! Also i'm not a high frequency fan :D

I'd prefer to have nice set of midrange speakers and maybe a set of tweets there going through a crossover!

Which means i need a 4ch amp to run the door speakers and use 2 front outputs off the headunit to run the A pillar speakers.

more $$$ and lot more time. Will have to learn to do fibreglassing too :)

tweets alone wont fill the forntstage machang! Also i'm not a high frequency fan :D

I'd prefer to have nice set of midrange speakers and maybe a set of tweets there going through a crossover!

Which means i need a 4ch amp to run the door speakers and use 2 front outputs off the headunit to run the A pillar speakers.

more $$$ and lot more time. Will have to learn to do fibreglassing too :)

do your A pillars have plastic covers? i guess not. Try to find a set of such matching plastic covers and carry out the modification. Try to find a one with a bigger curve than the curve/shape of the A pillar and use the additional space to hook things up. No fiber work is required!

do your A pillars have plastic covers? i guess not. Try to find a set of such matching plastic covers and carry out the modification. Try to find a one with a bigger curve than the curve/shape of the A pillar and use the additional space to hook things up. No fiber work is required!

i've got plastic covers machang but trying to find a spare set in SL is not gonna be easy!

i've tried ebaying too but so far no joy!

What an explanation! Great job. How much did u spend for this?

thanks.

i spent nearly 3k for a 4x8 plywood board. about 1500k for carpeting material and glue. Poly fill cushion was less than 500.

nails and screws and stuff must be around 100 or less

silicon gun was 500 or 600 bucks, silicon glue was around 400bucks or a lil less

wiring kit was about US40 shipped to SL.

I did use the extra plywood to build some tool boxes and used only little bit of wood for this enclosure. They don't sell smaller sheets unfortunately.

If you have all the power tools and other bits, it might even be cost effective custom build.

if you don't costs would be quite high. The circular saw i used alone is 12500 and it's not even a pro level one.

I got the subs and the amp as a gift from a cousin :D

yeah machang! need to get one shipped down cos you cant get decent ones here.

ebay have em but shipping rates are a lil high. :(

yako, you're in luck. My mother-in-law is coming down in May, so I'll buy it and send it down. It's very light, so she'll have no issue with it in her luggage.

Here ... http://www.amazon.co...4714002&sr=1-11 ... only $11 shipped to me!

Let me know if you like that one or another type. Fits speaker total O.D. of 8.25" and smaller, so need that dimension.

Edited by MeanGreenZ28

yako, you're in luck. My mother-in-law is coming down in May, so I'll buy it and send it down. It's very light, so she'll have no issue with it in her luggage.

Here ... http://www.amazon.co...4714002&sr=1-11 ... only $11 shipped to me!

Let me know if you like that one or another type. Fits speaker total O.D. of 8.25" and smaller, so need that dimension.

super!

http://www.amazon.com/8-Waffle-Type-Speaker-Grill/dp/B0002KR1LO/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

that's the sub i have with the grill and the clipping bits.

If its cool with you...can buy it and send it to you. Usual addy? your company place in North Macon Street?