• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Another Crash In Southern Highway

hrm

I'm sure the car was going waaay faster than 100 for the needle to still show 100 after crashing all over the place and getting torn in half.

Yea I wonder how that happened. Does the needle get stuck in whatever position it was in when the meter snaps off? Or did someone adjust it as a morbid joke :)

And how did that exhaust barrel get stuffed with mud? Or is that the kind of shit the CB3 idiot was advised he would have pouring out of his fart barrel?

I'm sure the car was going waaay faster than 100 for the needle to still show 100 after crashing all over the place and getting torn in half. yep the rear tyres look pretty worn out which is probably what caused the car to spin.

I too think it would have been well over 100.

I'm not sure as to how the mechanism works --but I have a question -- as the speedo works by cable, how come the needle didn't return to zero? I can imagine a clock stopping on impact -- but when there is no force/tension, on the opposite end - shouldn't it return to zero?

I wonder if its our CB3 friend who was cussing us all in two other threads.

Yes mate, he came to my mind instantly. If i remember right he was in a hurry to fix a beat barrel without even doin the basic maintainence for 6months after purchasing the vehicle.Its great to here that no one was fataly injured.

who is the fool dive 100kmph when raining? if you drive 20kmph on express way there is no offence. there is no rule for minimum speed. the driver has to keep the vehicle on safety speed depend on whether.

Driving overly slow on highways is dangerous as well for it leaves you open to getting rear ended by faster moving vehicles that might not expect to have a slower moving vehicle in front of them.

Its true following vehicles need to maintain a safe distance and drive at an appropriate speed based on the weather conditions; but if you're doing 20kmph and everyone else is doing 80-100kmph you run the risk of getting rear ended- Especially in situations where visibility gets compromised such as rain or fog.

If you can't maintain speed on the highway due to the weather / your own comfort level and you find that traffic around you is still moving at the speed limit or near the speed limit: You should put your hazard lights on, move into the slow lane and seriously consider pulling over into a rest area to wait out the bad weather, or exiting the highway.

[Most trucks, buses etc can maintain a higher rate of speed in mildly adverse conditions such as light rain, fog or falling snow as:

1. The drivers are seated higher up which not only provides better visibility; but also allows them to see above the wheel spray and headlight glare from from other vehicles better than a person in a lower slung car.
  2. The heavier curb weight of these vehicles provides more momentum and better traction, resulting in less deviation from the intended direction of travel which in adverse weather, on straight stretches of highway, often translates into a higher rate of speed than surrounding traffic.

Also: Some highways do have a minimum speed and where applicable its marked clearly along with the maximum speed- Not so on the E01 of course]

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

I have one question, If this car is condemned, how will the authorities claim their insanely high claims regarding damages to the expressway?

I think they may have to deal with the insurance company directly.

If that's so, can a person sue them later for not releasing his/her car after an accident?

Yes mate, he came to my mind instantly. If i remember right he was in a hurry to fix a beat barrel without even doin the basic maintainence for 6months after purchasing the vehicle.Its great to here that no one was fataly injured.

Erm not exactly, he wanted to change the sound of his current beat barrel

It was a girl that was driving. She was following four other vehicles driving ahead. Suddenly the car had skidded and spun sideways and hit the outside barrier on the drivers side. The driver and the front passenger who was also a girl were wearing seat belts whilst the boy in the back seat did not have a seat belt to wear. The driver has no major injuries. the front passenger had only bruises. the passenger in the rear has a compound fracture in his leg.

its really funny these people in matchbox cars( guess d brands mates0 trying to show tht im d king on highway...happens often evn they try to pass a decent evo on legal limit..

The Lance accident is extremely horrific. The recipe of disaster is evident. Wet conditions, Worn out tires, Ricers blend (Loud exhaust, steering, shift lights etc). Surely that car was driving well above 100 mark. Cant rule out the theory that the car is a cut n bud.

A painful lesson for the unfortunate driver and rest of the riding gang who are surely in hospital now, and those who are planning to emulate. Driving fast is fun but when that ends in an appalling way, that’s an elongated and a sad break. Drive carefully guys!

MINIACE

r

• Like 5

Mate I fully agree with you on this

also as I pointed earlier in this thread I too feel that this car is a cut and bud one because

a) it has been neatly torn away as if cut by a saw,normally one would have expected a crumpled front side or the engine bay going into the cabin (if it was a frontal crash)

Anyway thank God no one died this time!

The Lance accident is extremely horrific. The recipe of disaster is evident. Wet conditions, Worn out tires, Ricers blend (Loud exhaust, steering, shift lights etc). Surely that car was driving well above 100 mark. Cant rule out the theory that the car is a cut n bud.

A painful lesson for the unfortunate driver and rest of the riding gang who are surely in hospital now, and those who are planning to emulate. Driving fast is fun but when that ends in an appalling way, that’s an elongated and a sad break. Drive carefully guys!

MINIACE

r

It was a girl that was driving. She was following four other vehicles driving ahead. Suddenly the car had skidded and spun sideways and hit the outside barrier on the drivers side. The driver and the front passenger who was also a girl were wearing seat belts whilst the boy in the back seat did not have a seat belt to wear. The driver has no major injuries. the front passenger had only bruises. the passenger in the rear has a compound fracture in his leg.

I'm finding out that the injury list is slightly more serious than a few bruises, but shouldn't be life threatening or anything. Kids seem pretty shaken.

Despite this cut-bud talk I do have to wonder tho if part of the reason the car looks like that was that it was cut open to get the people out. Remember that school van in Mount a couple of months ago?

I'm finding out that the injury list is slightly more serious than a few bruises, but shouldn't be life threatening or anything. Kids seem pretty shaken.

Despite this cut-bud talk I do have to wonder tho if part of the reason the car looks like that was that it was cut open to get the people out. Remember that school van in Mount a couple of months ago?

I highly doubt it. if they want to get the passengers out they'd cut the roof. and a car doesn't have to be cut and bud for this to happen. Its a matter of hitting a narrow enough an object at a high speed to slice a car in to two. cars aren't anyway good at dealing with this kinda of impacts sideways.

If anyone were to believe in miracles this has got to be it.... its amazing 3 people actually survived from that crash.. wow...