• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Ac Not Cool Enough

hrm

Question

Hi,

I have a 1994 Lancer and since recently I experienced that AC is not cool enough. I can hear the compressor working but it is not turning on and off as usual. When I press the AC switch wind starts to blow but little difference with normal blower air. And the compressor keeps working without periodical shutting down.

Don't have much insight on to this as I'm a newbie to cars. What would be the reason to this ? and how to fix this up?.

PS: I use the car sparingly

Thanks in advance.

Thank guys for the points. In fact the AC guy asked me of the AC service history and I said for this is the first time I'm having this issue in this car. So then we decided if it goes low again have to check the whole system for leaks.

Other thing is when the gas went low the AC clutch kept engaging forever when I put AC on. So I avoided turning AC on until I re gas it today. Now it's ok.

The clutch disengages when the set temperature is reached, so if your AC wasn't cool enough, that explains the reason right ? :)

• Like 1

The clutch disengages when the set temperature is reached, so if your AC wasn't cool enough, that explains the reason right ? :)

'NRX',

I had this problem on my A/C Compressor electric clutch, engages and disengages very frequently before reaching the set temperature.

My A/C Adviser told me to remove the clutch and there are very thin shims to adjust the distance of the clutch take off one or two shims and fix same.

back. Problem was solved. there was three thin shims I took off two of them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi All,

I have a Mitsubishi ASP Model (C62A) 1991 year (1500CC). I did a repair (AC) in May and refilled the Gas too. Normally I'm using AC and had to use heavily during the last long weekend (went to Nuwara Eliya and the car was fully loaded with 5 guys including me :) ). Two days ago I have noticed that my AC is not working and found that no Gas. I was shocked since I did a repair and refill (cost me 5k) in end of May. I guess there should be a Leak (minor).

Just let me know, I need to go to Kandy today and it is not that easy to drive without AC due to the rain. Is it ok if I refill the gas without checking the leak? I don't have much time to do a repair right now.

Also let me know a good and cheap place to refill AC gas near Pannipitiya - Maharagama - Boralesgamuwa - Dehiwala. I went to a place near Pannipitiya and they said the cost is 3k to refill. I guess it is too expensive since I heard that some places do for 2k or less.

Hi All,

I have a Mitsubishi ASP Model (C62A) 1991 year (1500CC). I did a repair (AC) in May and refilled the Gas too. Normally I'm using AC and had to use heavily during the last long weekend (went to Nuwara Eliya and the car was fully loaded with 5 guys including me :) ). Two days ago I have noticed that my AC is not working and found that no Gas. I was shocked since I did a repair and refill (cost me 5k) in end of May. I guess there should be a Leak (minor).

Just let me know, I need to go to Kandy today and it is not that easy to drive without AC due to the rain. Is it ok if I refill the gas without checking the leak? I don't have much time to do a repair right now.

Also let me know a good and cheap place to refill AC gas near Pannipitiya - Maharagama - Boralesgamuwa - Dehiwala. I went to a place near Pannipitiya and they said the cost is 3k to refill. I guess it is too expensive since I heard that some places do for 2k or less.

'Iroshw'

Try there is a A/C repair joint I have done some repairs early at Wasala road Dehiwala, as you turn in near traffic lights before you come to the the Dehiwala bridge. on Sea side.

My regular person is Mr. Rohan Perera now who do all my building A/C 12 industrial A/C units,(480000 BTU) in my building,2 cars of mine.

He is very good. Have an very efficient staff. Please contact him His contact number is 230 3910/0777 393608.At Colombo 00200. Slave island.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My regular person is Mr. Rohan Perera now who do all my building A/C 12 industrial A/C units,(480000 BTU) in my building,2 cars of mine.

He is very good. Have an very efficient staff. Please contact him His contact number is 230 3910/0777 393608.At Colombo 00200. Slave island.

Is he the guy who has a garage in Morgan Road? I approached him once for a small A/C repair work because I was in the vicinity. To put it simply, he's a crook.

Hi All,

I don't know about prices, but there is a good AC place in Aththidiya road (refered in Google maps as Colombo Rathmalana road) between Gansaba junction in high level road and Sunethra devi junction on the Colombo Horana road. Its on your right if you come from Sunethra Devi junction towards Gansaba junction before the bridge and even the Sala office. I don't remember the name of the place but two members JD and VVTi has recommended this place so should be good.

Is he the guy who has a garage in Morgan Road? I approached him once for a small A/C repair work because I was in the vicinity. To put it simply, he's a crook.

Crosswind,

Please inform the reason for you to say he is a crook. As for me he has not done any things to cheat me. I have send him several automobile users.

All those who I directed to him never complained to me doing any to cheat them.

It is better you Inform the reason how did he cheat you. Therefore I will not recommend this Mr. Rohan Perera in future to A/L forum as well as my self.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Hi All,

I had the same issue about 2 months ago. Got surprised once I found all the gas has drained suddenly (compressor not kicking at all) and it worked fine in the day before. Took the car to a AC joint and serviced the system. Apparently there was a leak in the condensor and had to be welded. They also replaced a hose and then filled it with gas. cost 5750 bucks.

Edited by hrm

Crosswind,

Please inform the reason for you to say he is a crook. As for me he has not done any things to cheat me. I have send him several automobile users.

All those who I directed to him never complained to me doing any to cheat them.

It is better you Inform the reason how did he cheat you. Therefore I will not recommend this Mr. Rohan Perera in future to A/L forum as well as my self.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It was the replacement of a bearing in the compressor, which was quoted 12500 by that guy. Got it done elsewhere for 3800 (if I remember correctly) with gas and all. This was a few years ago. You are a regular customer so probably he wouldn't try to bloat the problem and overcharge you. People who don't know that they got overcharged, wouldn't complain would they?

It was the replacement of a bearing in the compressor, which was quoted 12500 by that guy. Got it done elsewhere for 3800 (if I remember correctly) with gas and all. This was a few years ago. You are a regular customer so probably he wouldn't try to bloat the problem and overcharge you. People who don't know that they got overcharged, wouldn't complain would they?

Crosswind,

You have a very correct point on your post.Which I too agree with you.

You are a regular customer so probably he wouldn't try to bloat the problem and overcharge you. People who don't know that they got overcharged, wouldn't complain would they?

According to me also It is very expensive if he has Quoted that amount. That What you have paid was very cheap.Few years ago.

Cost I think refilling gas few years ago. most A/C Repair work shops who do only automobile A/C, charge was around 1500.00 to 2000.00 Rupees.

Ball racer good quality few years ago cost was any thing around rupees 250.00 to 350.00 Rupees.

As a member you can give your experiences with that person to the forum.I believe you.

I am not trying to defend this person. Even my self was branded some time back in this forum as a very high Quoted for polishing a glass.

That member had done with few rupees. By himself (elbow grease). Not using exclusive Windshield Glass Polishing Machine.

Please note he is existing in Automobile A/C industry for many decades,If Mr. Rohan Perera had cheated Automobile and industrial A/C users.

He cannot exist in A/C Automobile and industrial repair industry. A/C Work shop will not carry on for so long.

It is not correct. to To brand a person for Quoting high as a (he's a crook).

Unless any cheating is done personally to you . He has only over quoted.As for your post.

Most qualified professionals in Automobile industry who have their own work shops are charging their charges.

According to their over heads and their knowledge which they have gained in so many years working in their Industry.

I hope this post you will not miss understand me. I am not promoting his business.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Update : I just manage to re gas my AC today. (Until this time I didn't use AC that much). Apparently the AC guy said he could not find any leak in the system by doing an visual inspection so I went for only re gassing. cost 2K and now the issue is solved and compressor started to work as normal.

Is it normal to re gas the AC time to time as I haven't done it for past 8 months and doesn't know how previous owner maintained it.

Re-gas? Did you vacuum the whole system and re-gas or plainly re-gased it?

Re-gas? Did you vacuum the whole system and re-gas or plainly re-gased it?

No it's just a top-up. But as you can see this happened in April and the issue came again in August. Then I did a full AC service after finding a leak in condensor.

didn't want to open up a new thread, can somebody tell where to buy cabin air filter for A toyota(dual type filter) ,

88508-20020 upper.

88508-20030 lower.

Couldn't find it on Ebay,searched average places, they couldn't find.

Went to kotte Road place.(the big place on L side when you go from parliment side).their conclusion was , that there's NO cabin air filter in this model, and then i showed the slot and filter and part manual, :)/>

AGENTS are utterly expensive, and some AC Joints adviced to get a used :)/> one from delkanda,

don't know why it's so rare, which is used in corona/carina/caldina/corolla wagon.

Can somebody direct me ...

Edited by chan5