• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Fuel Consumption Of Nissan Sunny Fb14

arun-online

Question

Hi.. My car is a Nissan Sunny fb14, 1500cc petrol, manual transmission, 210k on odo, 1997 Yom. Problem is its high fuel consumption. It does abt 9.5km/ltr.

• Done an efi cleanup (not ultrasonic) and tune-up recently. Fixed New Air filter and fuel filter.
  • I normally drive 7kms in the morning and back to homein the evening. (No traffic blocks average speed abt 60km/hr)
  • Lower AC usage (turn on and off when required). With AC, Idleing is ok but when going in uphill I feel more vibrations.
  • Previous owner has open the Mass Air flow sensor circuit (located on throttle body) and when I open that I could see a tiny IC like thing had gone bad.
  • No engine check lights, black smoke, Oil burning, idle rpm fluctuations, misfires.
  • I think pulling power is ok.. (without ac).
  • No lose connections of wiring.

All suggestions are welcome….. what is the best should i do..

thankz..

25 answers to this question

i cnt b machan... 2 of my friends have da same manual models. both of them does abt 12-14.5 km/ltr. if i heavy foot with Ac.. mileage drops abt 7 to 8... i think itz the time to see da previous owner.. and .. :angry-smiley-010::violent-smiley-043: em...

Edited by arun-online

i cnt b machan... 2 of my friends have da same manual models. both of them does abt 12-14.5 km/ltr. if i heavy foot with Ac.. mileage drops abt 7 to 8... i think itz the time to see da previous owner.. and .. :angry-smiley-010::violent-smiley-043: em...

14.5 kmpl sounds a bit unrealistic im sure u r friend is exaggerating....the fuel consumption in your car seems to be pretty ok since u get close to 10kmpl

• Like 1

If you have some knowledge about engine whereabout its a DIY job but I don't recommend it if you a newbie. Best place is agent to do it right, but according to your resident well equipped garage in your town can do this for you. No hassle or tough work in this.

Km/L figures can't be changed drastically whatever you do, change filter, oil, sensors etc etc. I have tried all the options with my FB15. Even the A*W is telling that is normal fuel efficiency for these cars..

Your car handling capability, over taking skill and road condition, tyre pressure how fast do you accelerate evertime you start to move these kind of stuff makes your Km/L drastically change.

Km/L figures can't be changed drastically whatever you do, change filter, oil, sensors etc etc. I have tried all the options with my FB15. Even the A*W is telling that is normal fuel efficiency for these cars..

mine is a manual.. and my area is kegelle. im always driving off the town.. never rev up above 2000rpm. then there should be problem hah?

I think its time to find new friends. Those guys will get hit by lightening sometime, and you don't wanna be around. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Don't expect Passo or hybrid efficiency on FB14 or 15. But there are some certain things you can do to increase slightly. I mentioned some of them earlier. You can check you break system. Sometimes breakbind coz lot of friction and waste fuel. Specialy in disk calipers not working well. I bet you have disk brake in front. If I'm right it should.

Don't expect Passo or hybrid efficiency on FB14 or 15. But there are some certain things you can do to increase slightly. I mentioned some of them earlier. You can check you break system. Sometimes breakbind coz lot of friction and waste fuel. Specialy in disk calipers not working well. I bet you have disk brake in front. If I'm right it should.

Oh really? the thing will notice if he has brake bind is his fuel consumption going up? nothing else right? Did you learn this the day your dad let you give his van a thallu start when the battery died?

Edited by jdnet

Oh really? the thing will notice if he has brake bind is his fuel consumption going up? nothing else right? Did you learn this the day your dad let you give his van a thallu start when the battery died?

Here goes again.. Which Van.. My Dad doesn't have a van. The thing about Disk brake it heated up every time so you can't feel it binded or not. In high speeds it can't feel either, if your engine is power enough to concur it. So Sometime slight brake bind can be found in fuel waste only. I experienced this in my car. Thats why I told. If you think I'm wrong you can correct me in proper way than saying other things.

Edited by Malaka2

i think MAF sensor is the problem.. cos i could see the oxided IC like thing when i open the throttle body circuit. this my throttle body..

Eo9nU.jpg

will scanning give me what is the real problem.. if MAF is the problem is it available in the market.. or should i have to replace the whole throttle body... ?

ya..machan. i check the all the things like u mentioned..

My auto does 8-9 city with normal driving, i think its pretty normal that yr manual does near to 10kml.I see no problem n dat its efficient enough.Keep your fuel level always above first 2 lines,i noticed that even my one does realy bad on low fuel levels.Make sure you put a good air filter( experienced that my one does better on VIC air filter (RED one). Dnt waste yr money yr car is efficient enf. I think you are feeling this way becoz of high fuel price,now less liters for the same price than before ;)

• Like 2

ya.... simply i cant drive it smoothly with ac... i guess this is due to lack of engine power .. how can i check if there is a problem in AC compressure.. :o

In this kind of a car you should not feel any difference in pulling power when AC on and off. As you guess Engine may not generate enough power. You may go to a reputed mechanic and get a compression test done since it has done more than 200k you may need to do a engine repair. If you feel your AC is not enough. consult a AC technician, but I don't think its related to the pulling power issue.

Can any expert memeber kindly advise him?

• Like 1

In this kind of a car you should not feel any difference in pulling power when AC on and off. As you guess Engine may not generate enough power. You may go to a reputed mechanic and get a compression test done since it has done more than 200k you may need to do a engine repair. If you feel your AC is not enough. consult a AC technician, but I don't think its related to the pulling power issue.

Can any expert memeber kindly advise him?

thatz what im talkin abt bro..i dd change evoporator & pump da gas, since thr was a leakage. nw the AC is doin good.. i think pulling power is the issue. in flat roads car is ok.. bt when it come to up hill it goes like a fat lady..

please prompt me exactly what to do... im fkin tired of messin with maka basos....

Edited by arun-online

thatz what im talkin abt bro..i dd change evoporator & pump da gas, since thr was a leakage. nw the AC is doin good.. i think pulling power is the issue. in flat roads car is ok.. bt when it come to up hill it goes like a fat lady..

please prompt me exactly what to do... im fkin tired of messin with maka basos....

check the ac clutch if its working properly...check fuel pump pressure....may b a bad fuel pump. or transmission its self failing (clutch)

Edited by hhrxz
  • Like 1