• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph T R Restore Project

MasterDon

Hi kavvz! Long time no see..

Well since the last time I updated the car has been given it's final paint.I've been running it as much as I can,stressing the the mechanical bits.So far I I've had to repair or replace brake pump,starter motor and a few other parts.Even now I'm waiting for a new fuel pump to arrive cos original one sort of gave up.

There is still much work to do.The roof needs to be done and the interior and the engine bay tidied up.i've been busy with work for the last few months so progress is slow.

Some pictures...

XzPJlSI.jpg

Yeap, was off busy messing about with work and what all for a bit too, hence the long absence. A necessary evil. But I see you've got some progress to report! Awesome and that side view with those cutaway doors is just something else...

Also: How on earth do you keep those tail lights safe from trishaw drivers etc? Do you have spares on hand?

Edited by Kavvz

MD: Wanted to ask you / comment on your TR2 via PM but it looks like your inbox is full...What's the scene? You hoarding love notes from your adoring public or what?

And err...I wasn't kidding about not being able to send you any messages: Your inbox is probably full ?

MD those 17" 6 spokes were made for it! :D
They do don't they...I put them out of neccessity more than anything but they look darn good.I might keep them on for awhile.I'm currently making spacers so the rears also can go in.

Some purists including my dad aren't happy though...

Yeap, was off busy messing about with work and what all for a bit too, hence the long absence. A necessary evil. But I see you've got some progress to report! Awesome and that side view with those cutaway doors is just something else...

Also: How on earth do you keep those tail lights safe from trishaw drivers etc? Do you have spares on hand?

Haven't had any threewheeler touching me.Usually modern cars give me plenty of space when they see the over-riders and buffers...I keep a few spare lenses anyway.

And err...I wasn't kidding about not being able to send you any messages: Your inbox is probably full ?
Thanks I deleted a few messeges and made room.It should be working now.

They do don't they...I put them out of neccessity more than anything but they look darn good.I might keep them on for awhile.I'm currently making spacers so the rears also can go in.

Some purists including my dad aren't happy though...

Um M.D, you know i was speaking my third tongue/language right? :)

Um M.D, you know i was speaking my third tongue/language right? :)
Aiyyo how did I miss that? :( I really do like the wheels. :lol:

lolz! Gotta agree with Devinda_Z on the wheels! But hey, its your car and to each his own. However, part of me does hope that your Dad keeps giving you hell, until you get some wire spokes on her...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 21/06/2012 at 1:03 PM, MasterDon said:

Then the whole assembly put in to the liner bore

irC03.jpg

MdOLy.jpg

This guy is using a ring compressor I wonder if this tool is available in Sri Lanka. Good one MasterDon Impressive!!!!.

• 3 years later...

Just spent some time reading through this thread again  @MasterDon . Makes for great reading....Any updates? How's the Grand ole Lady doing these days? And do you have any other restorations / projects going on? 

Edited by Kavvz