• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph T R Restore Project

MasterDon

Hi MD,

It was red when it was with my uncle but the last time I was it at Riley's it was painted white the number was EL cant remember the rest my uncle was Bently Jayasekara.

I have been following your project with so much of interest, happy to see what you have done and I know it has taken a lot of effort from your end, as a lover of the TR car I will say you rock dude,

Yes EL 8635....As with all TR2s it's history is well documented.It used to race and race well it did....Infact Riley let me have some of it's brass bits untill I got them for myself,So EL 8635 is actually helping one of it's brothers to be reborn....

BTW coincidentally someone uploaded this pic to a Facebook group.It's your uncle's car racing at Katu...

oiolAMs.jpg

Any idea where the TR7 is? I recall regularly seeing a white one in the mid 90s.

No idea GTAm,My dad also recalls such a car roaming around Colombo up untill the 90s.Recently someone told me it was with a prominant collector but that turned out to be untrue....I wouldn't be surprised if it got shipped back to the UK before the restrictions came about.Uncles Damascene and Kumar P might know for sure....

Edited by MasterDon

Yes EL 8635....As with all TR2s it's history is well documented.It used to race and race well it did....Infact Riley let me have some of it's brass bits untill I got them for myself,So EL 8635 is actually helping one of it's brothers to be reborn....

BTW coincidentally someone uploaded this pic to a Facebook group.It's your uncle's car racing at Katu...

oiolAMs.jpg

No idea GTAm,My dad also recalls such a car roaming around Colombo up untill the 90s.Recently someone told me it was with a prominant collector but that turned out to be untrue....I wouldn't be surprised if it got shipped back to the UK before the restrictions came about.Uncles Damascene and Kumar P might know for sure....

Hi MD,

Thank you sooooo very much for the pick, I would luv to see your TR someday if that's fine with you

[img=http://i.imgur.com/oiolAMs.jpg]

Why in the world does the march say "Steven Johnson syndrome: support the cause"??

Hi MD,

Thank you sooooo very much for the pick, I would luv to see your TR someday if that's fine with you

Sure.It'll be my pleasure...Just remind me when the car is completed and I'll let you know how to find me...

Why in the world does the march say "Steven Johnson syndrome: support the cause"??

Yeah I think so...That's Michael Wijesuriya's March I think, I've seen that car so many times at Nadeera's garage but this is the first time I'm noticing it...

Few local racers support causes.Even my father used to carry a breast cancer awareness sticker on the petrol tank at Katu, in memory of grandma...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
That's quite a shot by oh. Looks like your balls are dragging on the floor! Lol
That pic gave me the creeps man,one cut or spark in the fuel lines and it would have been MD BBQ.

I just called home and got someone to look under the car..Thankfully its just the fuel guage sender unit wiring and the clutch hose...

Awesome pic by member Octanehead...I just noticed the clutch hose and some other wires are dangling lose,better not be the fuel lines!

x5ML1tA.jpg

What a great picture! The car looks great MD and well done Charith: Good job framing all those gorgeous ladies together like that!

Cheers guys..

The TR is stiil at the paint shop.They are redoing the whole bonnet again cos there are a few dips and bumps on the surface.So t may take atleast another month...The TC is back on the road,I'd forgotton how much fun she is.Still keeps up with modern day traffic with ease.Not bad for a 70 year old without a single restoration or an engine overhaul.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Another great photo album by Octaneheads(Charith),thought I'd share...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.483773925066394.1073741845.171368592973597&type=1

and here's one taken by me...Supra grabbing some MR2 ass,naughty bugger,,,

AHoFeR8.jpg

Haha talk about an unfortunate moment to snap a pic! I swear it's not what it looks like!!

• 4 weeks later...

Took the ladies to a movie shoot yesterday.....It was for movie directed by Chandran Ratnam starring Jaqualine Fernandez and Alston Koch.The plot is some 70s murder case of one Rev.Mathew Peiris...Koch is the reverend and Jackie plays his mistress...

Some pics...sorry for the quality...it was a night shoot and the lighting ws really bad.

DHm5vkW.jpg

Lv4rifL.jpg

rLkwkRC.jpg

u1YW7AU.jpg

6krsG37.jpg

Took the ladies to a movie shoot yesterday.....It was for movie directed by Chandran Ratnam starring Jaqualine Fernandez and Alston Koch.The plot is some 70s murder case of one Rev.Mathew Peiris...Koch is the reverend and Jackie plays his mistress...

Some pics...sorry for the quality...it was a night shoot and the lighting ws really bad.

rLkwkRC.jpg

Wow! What a beauty. What Jaqualine Fernandez, here's the real starlet...

• 10 months later...
MD: Wanted to ask you / comment on your TR2 via PM but it looks like your inbox is full...What's the scene? You hoarding love notes from your adoring public or what?

Hi kavvz! Long time no see..

Well since the last time I updated the car has been given it's final paint.I've been running it as much as I can,stressing the the mechanical bits.So far I I've had to repair or replace brake pump,starter motor and a few other parts.Even now I'm waiting for a new fuel pump to arrive cos original one sort of gave up.

There is still much work to do.The roof needs to be done and the interior and the engine bay tidied up.i've been busy with work for the last few months so progress is slow.

Some pictures...

AzHRpoP.jpg

nKAFdDF.jpg

XzPJlSI.jpg

Z8kF1xm.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Hi kavvz! Long time no see..

Well since the last time I updated the car has been given it's final paint.I've been running it as much as I can,stressing the the mechanical bits.So far I I've had to repair or replace brake pump,starter motor and a few other parts.Even now I'm waiting for a new fuel pump to arrive cos original one sort of gave up.

There is still much work to do.The roof needs to be done and the interior and the engine bay tidied up.i've been busy with work for the last few months so progress is slow.

Some pictures...

Z8kF1xm.jpg

MD those 17" 6 spokes were made for it! :D