• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph T R Restore Project

MasterDon

I've missed it as last post here done in June just before I could post. I been reading this allover last night. Just complete reading. Great thread MD. Can you please, post new photos of her?

Sure.

It still looks the same though.Trying to scrape up the money to do the final paint job.So no updates except It has been fitted an external electric cooling fan...

And I've decided to call her Miss Lumley...after the British actress.

Gz0iiEB.jpg

fbOF4uh.jpg

• Like 1

Sure.

It still looks the same though.Trying to scrape up the money to do the final paint job.So no updates except It has been fitted an external electric cooling fan...

Gz0iiEB.jpg

fbOF4uh.jpg

Good work MD, that name seems nice. btw whos that lucky buger washing it?

Sure.

[img=http://i.imgur.com/Gz0iiEB.jpg]

[img=http://i.imgur.com/fbOF4uh.jpg]

That's great dude. you have so many celebrities. Like an Anthahpura (don't know English term).

You mean a car harem? :)<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Charith H Jayasinghe" data-cid="248334" data-time="1380278005"><p>

That's great dude. you have so many celebrities. Like an Anthahpura (don't know English term).</p></blockquote>

Not that actually. It was an area in palace with butties brought surrounding of Kingdom for use of King. Now here MD is king but his taste is not chicks but FFF

Thats what a harem is. Hope you meant beauties. The butties were usually used to guard the beauties coz they wouldn't be interested in the women...

Thats what a harem is. Hope you meant beauties. The butties were usually used to guard the beauties coz they wouldn't be interested in the women...

Yeah that's a harem. And there were castrated butties to look after the beauties!!

Of course Peri, beauties what I meant. That was a typing mistake. That harem also I misunderstood. Wanna see his harem but by definition it is forbidden to men :)

The 60th Macau Grand Prix will be held this November.Those who have cable tv would have seen the promotional ads running on channels like CNN,ESPN etc...Heavily featured on it is the TR2 which came first at the inaugural event in 1954 at the hands of Eduardo de Cavalho.Actually the it was an all TR2 podium as they wiped the floor with the compitition.

Also featured are Senna, Schumacher,Vettel single seaters with which they took part in the Macau GP over the years.

Here's a Youtube link of the ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smr91i-WCI0

Edited by MasterDon

Hi MD,

Great work man, The TR 2 has been one of my dream cars from the time I was a kid, my uncle had one and after he past away my aunt sold it to the Riley a few years back.

looking at what you have done gave me back a few old memories

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I can't remember where I posted pictures of our earlier Sunday runs.So I'll just post this here....

Heres the newly restored Aston Martin DB2.Photo credit goes to Mr Dinesh Hensman.milindu might have more pics

gKlG6.jpg

...and from left to right VW Karmann Ghia,MG A,MG A,Rolls Royce Silver Spirit,Alfa Romeo Alfasud,Fiat 124...photo by member milindu

iUfTu.jpg

Master don,

Do you know who owns the black karmann ghia in your picture? was going through my mums old modeling photos and she posed next to that very car (2sri 1980) when it was first brought down by the agents! pic was taken around 1955 or so by photographer carl andreas. will post the pic sometime on 'historic images' thread. please do let me know any info you may have on it... thanks!

Master don,

Do you know who owns the black karmann ghia in your picture? was going through my mums old modeling photos and she posed next to that very car (2sri 1980) when it was first brought down by the agents! pic was taken around 1955 or so by photographer carl andreas. will post the pic sometime on 'historic images' thread. please do let me know any info you may have on it... thanks!

Hello that car belongs to a Mr.Ghazali.Atleast it was a few months ago.It mighjt have changed hands cos I heard sold all his cars due to migrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Miss Lumley has been stripped down to her knickers and is being prepped for the final paintjob.

The external cooling fan....

JDg2XcH.jpg

Hi MD,

Just wanted to know, how many TR2's and TR 3's are there left in this country

4 or 5 I think,Same number of TR3s,And about 8 TR3As...1 TR4.

• Like 1

Miss Lumley has been stripped down to her knickers and is being prepped for the final paintjob.

The external cooling fan....

JDg2XcH.jpg

4 or 5 I think,Same number of TR3s,And about 8 TR3As...1 TR4.

Hi MD,

What is the difference tween the TR3 and TR3A ??? TR cars have been some what of a obsession of my from the time I can remember I use to sit in my Uncles car which was a TR 2 and pretend to drive it when I was small.

Hi MD,

What is the difference tween the TR3 and TR3A ??? TR cars have been some what of a obsession of my from the time I can remember I use to sit in my Uncles car which was a TR 2 and pretend to drive it when I was small.

The TR3A has a wider front grille as opposed to the smaller grille of the TR3.And in the rear it has two dedicated turn signals.Girling disk brakes,electric overdrive came as standard for the TR3A.There are hundreds of other subtle differences but those are the most obvious.

Great to see your enthusiasm.Your uncle's car is the red one now with Riley Wanigasekera no?

The TR3A has a wider front grille as opposed to the smaller grille of the TR3.And in the rear it has two dedicated turn signals.Girling disk brakes,electric overdrive came as standard for the TR3A.There are hundreds of other subtle differences but those are the most obvious.

Great to see your enthusiasm.Your uncle's car is the red one now with Riley Wanigasekera no?

Hi MD,

It was red when it was with my uncle but the last time I was it at Riley's it was painted white the number was EL cant remember the rest my uncle was Bently Jayasekara.

I have been following your project with so much of interest, happy to see what you have done and I know it has taken a lot of effort from your end, as a lover of the TR car I will say you rock dude,