• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Triumph T R Restore Project

MasterDon

You sure its junked or is the owner biding his time to restore it? B GTs go for 3 million atleast nowadays...BTW can you use some other thread to discuss this please. :)

Apologies for hijacking your thread! Not sure if it's a GT or other. I'll start a thread once I snap photos, just thought I'd post the name here before I forgot!

Edited by Jaliya48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i jsut hate it when they ruin cars at weddings. looksl ike yuo've got your work cut out with a vacuum. lovely lovely TR tho

Hard work it was Komi.Apart from the sticky confetti,those small Rigifoam balls you get at Arpico was a bitch to get rid of.They were everywhere,even inside the engine compartment!

you should get the couple and get them to clean it up! at the wrong end of a loaded gun!

Tried,but hey were too busy having coitus.. lol

That is a beautiful car, MD!

Thanks man,shes nearly 40 years with us now...and she's a movie star too.Here she is in Dr.James Peiris' 'Delowak Athara'.

Here's an interesting link kindly sent to me by member 'kavvz'.Thought I'd share... http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/waterless-engine-coolant/1376127/

A big thank you to all the members who are helping me behind the scenes!

Nice wheels man. You are very lucky to own some of the well sought after classics and I'm glad it's owned by some one like you who gives em the attention they deserve :grinning-smiley-043:

Thank you.Yes lucky is the word as it was my dad who collected these even before I was born,but I do my best to keep 'em running. :)

Edited by MasterDon

• 2 weeks later...

In case you didn't catch it in the video,I have fixed the windscreen,badges,buffer and other trim bits.This is just a dress rehearsal.They'll be taken off once again for chrome plating and for the final paint coat....

dJhTL7q.jpg

I have also done up the exhaust system.2.2" stainless steel piping from manifold to tip(copper) along with a 18" custom made resonater box.I'm not entirely satisfied with the result I will most probably be going for an aftermarket performance exhaust kit like the Monza Pacesetter for TR2 later on...

DK249jq.jpg

Master Don,

Glad to see your TR coming back to original condition. I hope this will run on hill climb as for your prediction, when I met you last informed me.

Give my regards to your father.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Will do Sylvi Sir...and thank you!

Here's an interesting pic I came across.It's the 1955 Le Mans 24 hrs starting grid.Triumph TR2 at the bottom of the pic with Jaguar d types,Porsche 550/4,Ferrari 120 LM etc.Unfortunately it ended in disaster when Pierre Levegh's Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR lost control and flew in to the crowd and killing 80 people in the resulting fire.

OSt3mk8.jpg

• Like 2

wow thats a superb car and 40 years of ownership is great

i guess your dad would have bought it when it as a few years old?

btw,whats the longest trip you have done on it and where to? and the fastet speed you clocked on it?

It was manufactured and brought down in 1958.My father bought it in '72...

I do frequent trips to from Kelaniya to Wennappuwa and Chilaw but it has gone to N'Eliya,Batticaloa and Jaffna in the hands of me dad.

It easily reaches 150,160kmph,It'll do more if there was another gear or even an electric overdrive like the TR.

• Like 2

hey MD did Triumph T R s raced in srilanka in the good old days? :)

Yes they pretty much dominated the unlimited class in the 60s and 70s in the hands of David Peiris,Shanthi Gunaratne,Meryll Perera,Henry Liyanage,Bri Ponnambalam...Of the few cars we have most have been race modified.Even my car had upgraded brakes,cam shaft and the front apron was slightly modified to channel more air in the radiator.

• Like 1

It was manufactured and brought down in 1958.My father bought it in '72...

I do frequent trips to from Kelaniya to Wennappuwa and Chilaw but it has gone to N'Eliya,Batticaloa and Jaffna in the hands of me dad.

It easily reaches 150,160kmph,It'll do more if there was another gear or even an electric overdrive like the TR.

at the risk of sounding stupid...what's an electric overdrive machang? some kinda motor assist thing?

Here's an interesting pic I came across.It's the 1955 Le Mans 24 hrs starting grid.Triumph TR2 at the bottom of the pic with Jaguar d types,Porsche 550/4,Ferrari 120 LM etc.Unfortunately it ended in disaster when Pierre Levegh's Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR lost control and flew in to the crowd and killing 80 people in the resulting fire.

OSt3mk8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnRvcTWTSM0

• Like 2