• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quality/standard Of Al Comments Have Dropped Drastically

MoneyMaker

Quality standard of AL comments have dropped drastically.. It has become a place where one has a go at another even if a valid question was asked. It's become a forum to diss people... I have even noticed some senior guys here doing it?

Please guys let's learn to stick to the topic...

Moderator over to u to clean this up!

Let's respect each other and use this forum wisely!

I have always had every question ive asked here answered satisfactorily. Moreover they were answered by these 'senior members' that everyone claims are always 'dissing' as you phrase it. I feel its about having the right attitude and more importantly not asking extremely stupid questions.

• Like 1

I have always had every question ive asked here answered satisfactorily. Moreover they were answered by these 'senior members' that everyone claims are always 'dissing' as you phrase it. I feel its about having the right attitude and more importantly not asking extremely stupid questions.

It's nothing to do with my post... If one reads some of the trails on AL topics the comments r way off... Every1 running each other down..

You ask dumb questions, you get dumb answers.

You ask questions that have been discussed many times before, you get 'dissed'.

Before one points fingers at the Seniors, those who are joining to ask one retarded question should do some searching on the forum itself if the question they have to ask has been discussed before. Chances are, it has.

The quality of the answers depends a lot on the quality of the question and the person asking that question, don't you think.

Don't blame the game, blame the player.

Besides, its very rare that we get a newbie joining who has something to offer, instead most of them are joining to ask one question, thereby cluttering the forum.

BTW, we don't run everyone down, we run most of the newbies who are too idiotic to sit in front of a PC, let alone get behind the wheel of a car.

I hope to God, OP, that you are not one of them and you actually has something good to offer to AL, instead of being a critic.

If you don't like what you see, you can always go and join Elakiri.com... ;)

No one forces anyone to be part of the AL community.

• Like 7

You ask dumb questions, you get dumb answers.

You ask questions that have been discussed many times before, you get 'dissed'.

Before one points fingers at the Seniors, those who are joining to ask one retarded question should do some searching on the forum itself if the question they have to ask has been discussed before. Chances are, it has.

The quality of the answers depends a lot on the quality of the question and the person asking that question, don't you think.

Don't blame the game, blame the player.

Besides, its very rare that we get a newbie joining who has something to offer, instead most of them are joining to ask one question, thereby cluttering the forum.

BTW, we don't run everyone down, we run most of the newbies who are too idiotic to sit in front of a PC, let alone get behind the wheel of a car.

I hope to God, OP, that you are not one of them and you actually has something good to offer to AL, instead of being a critic.

If you don't like what you see, you can always go and join Elakiri.com... ;)

No one forces anyone to be part of the AL community.

++

yes if your question is genuine and important, no one will blast at you...

there are so many experts here to answer any good question and that what they

have done so far...I have learnt a lot from them... :)

To add to this. The 'dissin' process is to toughen you ladies up... :)

It seems most of he newbies who join are the types who stand in front of mirrors admiring their manginas or watch the Twilight saga back to back and then squeal with delight .

If you pass the 'dissin' test, I guess you are on your way to becoming a real man... :)

So Man up, Girly man! Say something worthwhile, motor related instead of making this a Politically correct gay club.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

To add to this. The 'dissin' process is to toughen you ladies up... :)

It seems most of he newbies who join and the types who stand in front of mirrors admiring their manginas or watch the Twilight saga back to back and then squeal with delight .

If you pass the 'dissin' test, I guess you are on your way to becoming a real man... :)

So Man up, Girly man! Say something worthwhile, motor related instead of making this a Politically correct gay club.

Wow if I was whinning like this when I was a kid, my dad would have punched me in the face.

Wow if I was whinning like this when I was a kid, my dad would have punched me in the face.

That is the biggest problem with this Twilight generation. Their parents never beat the crap out of them for being this sissy. Either they were shagged by the parents damaging them for life, or smothered with attention, doing as much damage.

None of these geezers can take any 'dissin' without crying and running to mommy and daddy and Twilight.

Stupid fags.

• Like 1

That is the biggest problem with this Twilight generation. Their parents never beat the crap out of them for being this sissy. Either they were shagged by the parents damaging them for life, or smothered with attention, doing as much damage.

None of these geezers can take any 'dissin' without crying and running to mommy and daddy and Twilight.

Stupid fags.

To be honest, if these people got half the beatings we did when we were kids, they would either die or commit suicide.

Take it from a guy who asked stupid questions, tried to act smart and got arse-raped on autolanka:

First you learn your place. Then you go about elevating it. Senior members are there for a reason. And if they don't do what they do at every newbie who wants to know the new car price or is worried about his Prius not doing 100kmpl or how he saw a super car weave thru traffic in negombo, this would be a sh*tty forum

• Like 2

My name is Amanda. I am back in Colombo now fron NY Fashion Institute where my course is now complete. Now I have good overseas fashion Diploma. But now I have big problem to. My bestest best friend Renuka who lives nearby my house here in Kotte says maybe some big senior member Autolanka people here can help? Is that true, can you help me with good car advice please. I have big problem. Daddy say now I am home and now Uncle is getting me job in Fort he will buy me a car. But that is my big problem for which I need good senior member advice so so bad. You see I don't know what to say to my Daddy about the car. My friend Reuka she says go for Axios car, she says she like because there is lots of open leg room in back seat for her and she says it has a big dickey that she likes to. But Chandrika, who is my bestest friend to, says "no, you buy sexy little yellow Nano and buzz around in that."

And it gets hard too because our old Mummy's friend Nelith, he often gives me advice when daddy is not home and he comes to cheer Mummy up because she is sad, he told me to look for an Alfa 164 or a BMW, an E something I think he said but I couldn't hear him properly. And then my other best friend Vithiya who has a beauty shop up in Thalawagoda disagrees with them all and says I must say to Daddy that only a Mecedes will do for his girl. That's because all her men beauty shop customers drive Mercedes I think so maybe she a little bit bias? I just don't know. But making it very hard to is I see and fall in love with little Viva, but Mummy says that she hear in girl's room at Galle Face talk that big AL senior member people can't buy Viva or something. So you can see why I am so confused and urgently need senior member help. So what shall I buy - tell me me - Axios or Nano or old Alfa or maybe Merc. Or go I with my heart and get little blue Viva? Please don't diss or ignore me or retard me. I also desperatly need to know from knowledgable senior member people like you about petrol use and about this new tax thing Uncle has been cursing and saying silly things about. And what will happen to new car price soon, you know, tell me, OK? And also can you please quickly tell about garage you have used maybe some years ago that you think was good and that actually fixed you up proper. Please don't treat my message as a piss-take (Uncle Nelith says that a lot) because all everyone who knows AL tells me that they totally respect and admire and actually adore and fall-over themselves to help senior members such as you who have contributed so many useless useful (sorry, sorry America has ruined Amanda's spelling) posts over the years and who so often kindly direct other people to Google search. Kindly urgently get your senior members out on the streets and aligned to help me. I and Daddy will be so grateful. Really looking forward to your response, really true.

Luv xoxoxo Amanda

PS Maybe I can buy you drink for to thank AL senior members help when they pass by Mojo or Silk....I speak to Mr bouncer and he can make special provision for older man come in special this once, OK, yes? No problem.

PSS If you big AL senior member people cannot in your hearts help me I will be desperate and go and talk close with Mr Sylvi. and get warm and useful guidance from him....so there.

Haha what the f*** is this, axio's big ass, sexy lil nano

Mojo? Thats a bloody pimps cave now eventhough it was good at the start. Haha go take Sylvi there in his omni

Something tell me this was the same GUY that tried being hero with a new account

Quality standard of AL comments have dropped drastically.. It has become a place where one has a go at another even if a valid question was asked. It's become a forum to diss people... I have even noticed some senior guys here doing it?

Please guys let's learn to stick to the topic...

Moderator over to u to clean this up!

Let's respect each other and use this forum wisely!

Sounds like something my boss would say during my my appraisal.

Edit: But srsly, if you believe the quality of the forum has gone down, it's only because of the quality of the questions being asked.

I mean srsly, every week there's a joker asking the the fuel consumption of one make of car or another. If they spend an additional 5 minutes using the search function, they'd find that the topic has already been discussed in depth, at length ad nauseum. Then there's people who, after any tax increase/reduction on vehicle prices, will ask how much their car is worth. And how can we forget "im looking for a car between %rupees1 and %rupees2 and has to have char attribute[ ] = {infinity}".

Before I embark on a rant, I will simply say this; the quality of the forum has not gone down at all. Properly articulated, legit questions still do get answered by the experts, all you have to do is read the recent topics. The problem is that the useless posts obfuscate things and gives a false impression of the forum.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

Mojo? Thats a bloody pimps cave now eventhough it was good at the start. Haha go take Sylvi there in his omni

Something tell me this was the same GUY that tried being hero with a new account

I think you missed the sarcastic ironical mockery of the post completely :P

• Like 2

My name is Amanda. I am back in Colombo now fron NY Fashion Institute where my course is now complete. Now I have good overseas fashion Diploma. But now I have big problem to. My bestest best friend Renuka who lives nearby my house here in Kotte says maybe some big senior member Autolanka people here can help? Is that true, can you help me with good car advice please. I have big problem. Daddy say now I am home and now Uncle is getting me job in Fort he will buy me a car. But that is my big problem for which I need good senior member advice so so bad. You see I don't know what to say to my Daddy about the car. My friend Reuka she says go for Axios car, she says she like because there is lots of open leg room in back seat for her and she says it has a big dickey that she likes to. But Chandrika, who is my bestest friend to, says "no, you buy sexy little yellow Nano and buzz around in that."

And it gets hard too because our old Mummy's friend Nelith, he often gives me advice when daddy is not home and he comes to cheer Mummy up because she is sad, he told me to look for an Alfa 164 or a BMW, an E something I think he said but I couldn't hear him properly. And then my other best friend Vithiya who has a beauty shop up in Thalawagoda disagrees with them all and says I must say to Daddy that only a Mecedes will do for his girl. That's because all her men beauty shop customers drive Mercedes I think so maybe she a little bit bias? I just don't know. But making it very hard to is I see and fall in love with little Viva, but Mummy says that she hear in girl's room at Galle Face talk that big AL senior member people can't buy Viva or something. So you can see why I am so confused and urgently need senior member help. So what shall I buy - tell me me - Axios or Nano or old Alfa or maybe Merc. Or go I with my heart and get little blue Viva? Please don't diss or ignore me or retard me. I also desperatly need to know from knowledgable senior member people like you about petrol use and about this new tax thing Uncle has been cursing and saying silly things about. And what will happen to new car price soon, you know, tell me, OK? And also can you please quickly tell about garage you have used maybe some years ago that you think was good and that actually fixed you up proper. Please don't treat my message as a piss-take (Uncle Nelith says that a lot) because all everyone who knows AL tells me that they totally respect and admire and actually adore and fall-over themselves to help senior members such as you who have contributed so many useless useful (sorry, sorry America has ruined Amanda's spelling) posts over the years and who so often kindly direct other people to Google search. Kindly urgently get your senior members out on the streets and aligned to help me. I and Daddy will be so grateful. Really looking forward to your response, really true.

Luv xoxoxo Amanda

PS Maybe I can buy you drink for to thank AL senior members help when they pass by Mojo or Silk....I speak to Mr bouncer and he can make special provision for older man come in special this once, OK, yes? No problem.

PSS If you big AL senior member people cannot in your hearts help me I will be desperate and go and talk close with Mr Sylvi. and get warm and useful guidance from him....so there.

Dear Mandy (may I call you Mandy?)

Let's get together tonight at Silk and further discuss your automotive crisis in private. Drop me a PM with your phone number.

quite the opposite. If you read it well, you would figure out who it is.

Like I thought all the losers who have a lot of time to kill and prove a point have responded so far and they r the same people who disrespect other people's questions on cars...

No question is a stupid question.. Some people don't really care about there cars their sole purpose is to go from A-B... If the car acts up of course a question will be raised on AL but for a car enthusiast that may sound like a stupid question.. If u can't respect another's question try to refrain from making stupid comments..ur seniority on AL doesn't mean shit...

Only thing I agree to is check the forum for the issue u have on ur car if the answer is not available please raise a question..

People who think that certain question raised here are very basic problems and are stupid....

ADVICE: Please go get a real job

The society has different people with different interests and different skills..............

We need to respect that.........

A normal car user might come to AL to ask his basic question (may sound very basic or obvious), the community may respond. The real Pros may keep their cool and respond. If it is a time waste, we can always ask them to search.

What is the point in thrashing or bashing.............

The user whom has asked the question might be a doctor, an accountant or a senior military officer. Very pro in their own profession. How about a doctor thrash you for asking stupid questions. I have very close friends doctors, accountants and senior officers. They know their profession well and has proven results. They also ask very basic questions, that is ok. No one can be pro on everything.

One might argue the Pros do a free job here by answering............if you are tiered just do not answer. But bashing the fellow is no use.

Also why the forum bashes Maruti, Hybrid fellas. That is their choice, probably as they feel or according to their budget.

One more interesting thing, please read the below.........

Albert Einstein........the great scientist, a real Pro.........just read and see how Humble he was.........and his correspondence with Children.........

http://www.einstein-website.de/z_kids/letterskids.html

P.S Once I was bit firm on one guy asking about RON values, I still worry about it though I did respond. Will never do that again and will ask them to search if I am tiered.

• Like 4

The society has different people with different interests and different skills..............

We need to respect that.........

A normal car user might come to AL to ask his basic question (may sound very basic or obvious), the community may respond. The real Pros may keep their cool and respond. If it is a time waste, we can always ask them to search.

What is the point in thrashing or bashing.............

The user whom has asked the question might be a doctor, an accountant or a senior military officer. Very pro in their own profession. How about a doctor thrash you for asking stupid questions. I have very close friends doctors, accountants and senior officers. They know their profession well and has proven results. They also ask very basic questions, that is ok. No one can be pro on everything.

One might argue the Pros do a free job here by answering............if you are tiered just do not answer. But bashing the fellow is no use.

Also why the forum bashes Maruti, Hybrid fellas. That is their choice, probably as they feel or according to their budget.

One more interesting thing, please read the below.........

Albert Einstein........the great scientist, a real Pro.........just read and see how Humble he was.........and his correspondence with Children.........

http://www.einstein-...etterskids.html

P.S Once I was bit firm on one guy asking about RON values, I still worry about it though I did respond. Will never do that again and will ask them to search if I am tiered.

nIgMu.png

• Like 4