• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will The New Tax Policy Affected My Already Ordered Car?

chathu87

Someone mentioned that the permit scheme is off now as well. But not confirmed. YOu might have to check with the importer and see. If its coming in June I beleive that all bets are off for you.

HEard that the Importer Assosication is asking the gOSL to give the vehicles alread in the water a break.

• Like 1

I ordered the 2012 Audi A4 using a permit, $25k max. The car is supposed to land sometime in June. The permit says its a 60% tax, am I affected by the new tax policy? Vehicle was ordered in November.

First thing you need to realize, there are no tax experts here, and most are hearing this at the same time as you.

Second thing, not an expert, but if you want my opinion, no, you shouldn't be affected.

Are you sure ? where did you find it ?

Machan This is still not confirmed as my vehicle arrived on port on the 29th march and still the discussions are going on about the cars which are in port whether it is old duty new duty or in between

Will update once I get any info.

I ordered the 2012 Audi A4 using a permit, $25k max. The car is supposed to land sometime in June. The permit says its a 60% tax, am I affected by the new tax policy? Vehicle was ordered in November.

I'm really sorry to tell you're one of the victims from this price hike. My advice to all individual importers is if you're on tight budget (that you can't spent any dollar more) don't think about to import vehicle from over seas. Because in current economy we can't predict future. we don't know what will happen next morning. Try to find the most perfect vehicle to you from already import lot. SL has huge varieties of models 2010-2011 already in this soil. it is less risk and more reliable.

My advice to all individual importers is if you're on tight budget (that you can't spent any dollar more) don't think about to import vehicle from over seas. Because in current economy we can't predict future. we don't know what will happen next morning. Try to find the most perfect vehicle to you from already import lot. SL has huge varieties of models 2010-2011 already in this soil. it is less risk and more reliable.

Is this a piece of advice u got from a car sale owner?

Is this a piece of advice u got from a car sale owner?

Don't get me wrong dear Crosswind.. all i'm saying if you can afford bit more than you signed up. you have no problem getting selected vehicle from overseas. but those who haven't that luxury suffered huge. as example Viva Elite customers in waiting list. What happen to them. They have to pay tremendous amount more than they signed. So they're in huge trouble. That's why i said that.

Viva Elite customers in waiting list. What happen to them. They have to pay tremendous amount more than they signed. So they're in huge trouble. That's why i said that.

That's what happens when you go for a Viva Elite

The permit holders shall understand that the Price of Your Vehicle will be according to following simple equation;

CIF + (55~70)% of CIF = Your Vehicle Price {your LC price is equal to CIF}

This equation does not indicat anything about Current tax, which has been affected by hike. So Permit holders may no be any trouble except $-Rs increase problem.

However, keep in mind you never know the government even kick permit holders off by changing even the above equation according to their favor to find few bucks to make their living more comfortable.

hee..hee... everybody's been rewarded for what they offered!

• Like 1

Since you guys touched on Viva, their new price is LKR 23/25 which was 16/90 before. Unimo looked like a fish market today people shouting about the tax hike. Me too canceled my ordered Viva today cos i just couldn't afford it. Non refundable 2laks down in the dump.

Since you guys touched on Viva, their new price is LKR 23/25 which was 16/90 before. Unimo looked like a fish market today people shouting about the tax hike. Me too canceled my ordered Viva today cos i just couldn't afford it. Non refundable 2laks down in the dump.

Actually If i were you i would ask for my money back. If they overshot the initially (maybe even verbally) promised date of delivery you can ask for your money back.

That's bad....

But why not just buy it and try to sell it since your Rs 200k is sunk anyway..... and its not like the entire sales of Viva Elites are going to come to a stand still, there will be people still willing to buy.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=73785

I don't think thats a good idea. Dumping 2laks is huge man these days. and all do respect those who srtugling to get vehicle I'm sorry to tell that this price hike isn't the final. So If you can purchase something now. It will value some years later or even months.