• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MasterDon

It was a great first show.Just cars and no BS.Supra didn't look rusty at all.Reminded be of old Top Gear and those German car shows.Good camera work too...Great reviews of Dinesh J's Focus RS,Damascene Fernando's Buick and the Insight Hybrid...

Supra try and get a video uploaded on Youtube machan.I'm sure they won't mind if you upload it after all the re-runs have been aired.

It was a great first show.Just cars and no BS.Supra didn't look rusty at all.Reminded be of old Top Gear and those German car shows.Good camera work too...Great reviews of Dinesh J's Focus RS,Damascene Fernando's Buick and the Insight Hybrid...

Supra try and get a video uploaded on Youtube machan.I'm sure they won't mind if you upload it after all the re-runs have been aired.

Thanks a lot MD, much appreciated! There are some things we still need to polish up I guess and we're definitely aiming at continuous improvement as the show goes along.

As for online content, will def try and get something up as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot MD, much appreciated! There are some things we still need to polish up I guess and we're definitely aiming at continuous improvement as the show goes along.

As for online content, will def try and get something up as soon as possible.

yeah man.. wanna see the damn thing..

Hey SN good show, got to say much better than i expected since it is produced by maxtv (no offense to you)

But i got some constructive criticism, one thing is if you guys can get rid of the gigantic mic and use collar mics it would look much more professional :)

The other thing is its just a crime to limit such a show to only 30 mins, any chance of extending it to 1 hour ?

Hey SN good show, got to say much better than i expected since it is produced by maxtv (no offense to you)

But i got some constructive criticism, one thing is if you guys can get rid of the gigantic mic and use collar mics it would look much more professional :)

The other thing is its just a crime to limit such a show to only 30 mins, any chance of extending it to 1 hour ?

Thanks machan, glad you liked it. Its actually produced independently of maxtv, they simply air the finished product. Also, thanks for the feedback.

We managed to sort out the clip ons by the second episode, so the huge mic will only return for motorsports coverage and in certain unavoidable circumstances lol.

In other news, I believe online episodes will be a possibility soon, will keep you guys posted!

Btw, You boys can do me a favour and go like the FB page the next time you're on FB.... need to keep that ticking along as well :)

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 2

In other news, I believe online episodes will be a possibility soon, will keep you guys posted!

Btw, You boys can do me a favour and go like the FB page the next time you're on FB.... need to keep that ticking along as well :)

yayyy! thats great man!! thanks :)

Thanks machan, glad you liked it. Its actually produced independently of maxtv, they simply air the finished product. Also, thanks for the feedback

So MaxTv essentially just buys each episode off you / your producer? What a neat setup... That concept lends itself well to a youtube channel concept as well; which hopefully you can get sorted out too... :grinning-smiley-003:

Great show! the film work was superb and the reviews were unbiased. Small suggestion S_N. maybe you actually did this. but when reviewing a new car you could spend a day or so getting acquainted with the car before the actual road test like the big boys do. that way you can script a nice road test that highlights the unique features of the car. like with the insight you could have talked more about how that econ mode helps you adapt a more economical driving style. and the economy test could have been a bit more comprehensive because after all its an economy car :)

Spending the holidays in kandy, and the reception of maxtv is very poor here. So thanks malla for the link.

And good job Supra. Really enjoyed the show especially the Honda Insight reviews. It was truly unbiased and professional. :) But you didn't take a look under the hood ne :).Keep up the good work. there's plenty of room for improvement like more detailed technical reviews. I'll give four stars out of five.

Edited by rover

Thanks for the link Malla... well guys, it's now online. So tell me what you think! :)

well.. good one mate. personally i think this covers every consumer.. so it will be well received amongst all groups.. the mic thing will be sorted out i guess. apart from that its all good..

Thanks Guys, glad you all liked it!

Do keep watching, As I said, we aim to eventually make this a show that can be judged even by international standards. So I'll need you gents to keep giving me feedback!

Now that certsainly is a step up for sri lankan motoring shows!! nice!

Just one question; did you fast-forward the tape a wee bit to make the insight look like it was going fast? ;)

lol :D That Insight certainly was groaning its lungs out like no other!! Not sure whether I could live with a racket like that on a daily basis....

Edited by Kavvz

i watched the show ..

Seems all the people praising it.so i'll point some areas where you can improve.

Anyway the first impression was good .and keep it up.consider the followings...

1-use a wireless mic and that's a must.your tv team must have those.not so expensive to afford even.

2-try to cancell the noise as much as possible. Redub or try and use noise cancell software.give it a try.

3-most important is you be the presenter not the owner of the car or the representative from company.learn the facts from him and you yourself do the presentation.showing that generous person who lend the car for the show is justifiable, but not when you ask him questions like in cookery show.so ask them first, make your own script , and you present.the all three segments had a another party than the presenter.just sort it or give it a try.

When another party is involving , try to minimise it. "the dream garage , and ferrari enzo with mclaren f1" are good examples from fifth gear.(if i remembered correctly)

4-some background music might help for some frames .

5-keep little time for the technical data and "numbers".example like briefing the hybrid system,engine, transmisson and other gizmos..

6-try and use a car or suv as the camera vehicle if possible,because in some places, the video was so bumpy, may be due

to bumpy camera van

the above are not to put your effort down , but to point some places to improve..

Good effort and congratz too.

• Like 1

i watched the show ..

Seems all the people praising it.so i'll point some areas where you can improve.

Anyway the first impression was good .and keep it up.consider the followings...

1-use a wireless mic and that's a must.your tv team must have those.not so expensive to afford even.

2-try to cancell the noise as much as possible. Redub or try and use noise cancell software.give it a try.

3-most important is you be the presenter not the owner of the car or the representative from company.learn the facts from him and you yourself do the presentation.showing that generous person who lend the car for the show is justifiable, but not when you ask him questions like in cookery show.so ask them first, make your own script , and you present.the all three segments had a another party than the presenter.just sort it or give it a try.

When another party is involving , try to minimise it. "the dream garage , and ferrari enzo with mclaren f1" are good examples from fifth gear.(if i remembered correctly)

4-some background music might help for some frames .

5-keep little time for the technical data and "numbers".example like briefing the hybrid system,engine, transmisson and other gizmos..

6-try and use a car or suv as the camera vehicle if possible,because in some places, the video was so bumpy, may be due

to bumpy camera van

the above are not to put your effort down , but to point some places to improve..

Good effort and congratz too.

Thanks for the comments, if you read the thread, you'll notice that people have pointed all of this out beforehand. They will be sorted out as we go along.