• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

MasterDon

yet again a nice show with lots of improvements. Nice to see that you have listened to the constructive criticism given by all of us. The segments are becoming more and more informative. The camera angles are becoming more and more interesting. Really enjoyed the Escalade segment. The presentation and the background study done on it was exceptional.

One more thing.. please focus on the camera machan. at times your eyes move in an unconvincing manner..

Supra, just a few observations...

In your first closeup (VW segment) you're looking at the cam through your specs frames. That's a big no no. In a closeup, as the viewer's focus is generally on the eyes, you should never cover them when directly addressing the viewer, unless of course, you have a good reason for doing so. I'm surprised the director didn't take another take.

You also keep looking at the crew instead of looking at the cam in your closeups. That gives the impression that you're unsure/nervous and/or are receiving step by step instructions. Not good for your onscreen persona.

Plus it seems you're using the cam mic to record sound? You should try to get hold of a clip-on mic. Its small and unobtrusive and will get rid of ambient audio issues.

Tell your compositor/editor that the X marks that flicker intermittently on the screen (again in the VW segment) are probably because his plugins need to be licensed again. :) There are also colour and contrast jumps from shot to shot, he needs to correct them to make all shots look uniform. You should also tell him to edit your audio tracks so that there are no pauses in between words. Fluidity is important, especially in voice overs.

A lot of the handheld shots are quite shaky. If your cameraman is holding the camera away from him when shooting (basically holding it in his hands), advise him to hold the camera to his body and move slowly and steadily. It makes for lot more smoother shots.

There are equipment/crew visible in the corners of some of the shots. (The reflector board, the cameraman's legs, etc.) These are simple things you can get rid of.

Lastly, and this is more of a personal thing, try not to use audio tracks with lyrics in them when you're speaking machan, it's a bit distracting. (The screaming girls for example.)

It's already quite a good show man, but you can defa improve it further. :)

Btw, the Escalade segment was a good laugh. :)

• Like 1

Excellent, insightful, entertaining review of the Escalade. I wondered too what the local price is.

Btw, in America a large portion of Escalades are driven by mothers who use it as their daily driver to transport the kids around.

Whats going on with the other 'portion' ?

MINIACE

Whats going on with the other 'portion' ?

MINIACE

Driven by men.

I should have actually written ' In America, a good portion of Escalades are driven by women, most of them mothers who use their Escalade as their daily driver to transport the kids around '.

Edited by Californikan

Excellent, insightful, entertaining review of the Escalade. I wondered too what the local price is.

Btw, in America a large portion of Escalades are driven by mothers who use it as their daily driver to transport the kids around.

Well its only a TV show, but if Vinny Chase and his boys could roll in one all the time, nuff said :)

Thanks guys... Especially, thanks for continually keeping an eye out and giving feedback, its very important to us as always. :)

This week we ran a repeat of the Motorsports special due to a combination of factors... A new episode will run next week!

• Like 1

LoL..!!!

Lets see whether Cali can at least figure out who this dude is. :D

Are ya kiddin me'?!...Cali won't have seen this guy in action ever,...but I bet he'll recognize 'the batty boy butt hunter' immediately. :lol:

• Like 1

Are ya kiddin me'?!...Cali won't have seen this guy in action ever,...but I bet he'll recognize 'the batty boy butt hunter' immediately. :lol:

I'm not surprised that you so enjoy watching Shawn "in action", MasterDon....apparently he's very popular with the closeted gay men in Kelaniya (especially the ones who like to fix up old cars).

Edited by Californikan

I'm not really interested in how Cali knows the tastes of closeted gay men in Kelaniya. This is entirely OT, please don't ruin this thread.

LMAO talk about the lamest of comebacks.bet it took the retard hours to think that up.

But yeah seriously lets keep the riff raff out of threads like these...

Yeah, totally agree, this thread should be kept OT. If someone has a secret obsession with "batty boy butts" , this thread isn't the place to write about it. Keep this thread OT.

hee hee what a kaalakanni fellow you are...do you do anything worthwhile?

Of course you're just too plain stupid to put one and one together, and realize that two hybrid vehicles have been been reviewed already on the show.

Staying on topic, and stepping gingerly around a group of snarling cats with their tails all spikey, I was just thinking, doesn't sticking a hybrid drive in a car with a 6 liter engine sound a bit silly?

Staying on topic, and stepping gingerly around a group of snarling cats with their tails all spikey, I was just thinking, doesn't sticking a hybrid drive in a car with a 6 liter engine sound a bit silly?

Ever heard of KERS? How much power do you think those engines make? ;)

The Escalade hybrid delivers significantly better fuel economy than the regular Escalade. In city driving it's about 8.5km/l for the Escalade Hybrid vs 5.5km/l for the normal Escalade in the U.S. govt fuel economy test. That's a 65% improvement. Mind you the regular Escalade is significantly more powerful than the hybrid: 6.2L V8, 403hp and 565N-M/torque.

But in America it's about the green credentials as much as anything else. Anyone who can afford the Rs 6.5million for the regular Escalade - Rs7.5million for the hybrid (total price brand new) can afford to pay for the petrol. But there are many people who will pay the extra Rs 10 million for the hybrid because it has the green credentials of being a hybrid.

Plus politically, the U.S. automakers have come under a lot of flack recently from the American media and public for continuing to build these huge powerful gas-guzzling vehicles. Building a hybrid version deflects a lot that criticism.

good show.. keep it up..

but please try to do something about the background noises..

was watching it with headphones on.. it made it really hard to hear what you had to say over the sea breeze, tractors, 3wheelers etc.

all the best

Overall, Motorque is a great, entertaining & educating show. So I'll just summarize what could use improvement IMHO:

- The sound like everyone has said. The Escalade review commentary was voice-overed and I much preferred the voice-over audio to the in-car audio of the VW segment which was hard to follow. Voice -over audio was much clearer and less distracting and the audio levels were consistent.

- More picturesque locations for your shoots. The ugly parts of Marine drive over and over isn't working. Top Gear and the other international shows always have beautiful picturesque backdrops. There are plenty of these in SL.

- In some interview segments, the background music has had singing which can be distracting during an interview segment.

- Film the cars on a variety of roads including at least one winding road without houses or buildings around. So at least it looks like you're testing the cars in a variety of conditions, not just driving around Colombo city roads.

- Supra uses the word "absolutely" far far too much. Better not to use that word 'cause nothing in life is absolute. There are some other words and phrases also that are repeatedly used, that it might be better not to use, but the "absolutely" is the big one.

That's all for now. Great show,

-