• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Going To Increase This Friday ?

sampath_fer

:sad-smiley-054::sad-smiley-054:

There`re no comments on Viva Elite new price except the one with a wild guess says it`ll go up by 3-4 lakhs. Can any of pro members here please show us how the price hike will effect the old price. As I found, there are many members who badly wanna know this including my self. Thanks.

Is it so hard?

viva elite standard manual old price:

$5900CIF(my guess) + 120%(old tax) * 130($ rate) = Rs.1687400 (Unimo price 1690000)

New price:

$5900CIF + 200%(new tax) * 130($ rate) = Rs.2301000

Edited by hyacc
  • Like 3

OK, this is just my opinion. With prevailing interest rates, the opportunity cost of cash in hand and the borrowing cost of cash is rising on a daily basis. This would result in many people opting to invest most of their savings in Fixed deposits etc which gives higher returns than investing in luxury items such as automobiles. In addition, the flavor for leasing or obtaining car loans would be limited due to the higher cost of capital. What this all folds down to is that potential sellers would want to sell their existing cars at levels where the increment to pay for a new car is minimized as much as possible. Therefore the second hand market would rise by at-least the same proportion to which relevant upgrade prices rise or even more in certain instances. However this proportion of increment will vary depending on brand, model year, etc etc which many buyers in this country are finicky about.

But hey! this is all just theory, the last thing this country is known to even come close to!!

congrats...1000 posts

machan its actually the square root of this equation ;-)

Is it? Hmm. Correct me if i am wrong. I assumed for example a car worth LKR 1,100,000 (E.G. Maruti 800) at an old exchange rate of 114 and at the previous tax rate of 120% for that segment being revised with the exchange rate going up to 128 and the tax rate hitting 200%.

So. the first part of the equation "(Old price / old forex rate ) / (1+ Old tax rate)" gives you the tentative CIF Price = (1,100,000/ 114) / (1+120%) = $ 4,385.

I used the CIF value which most often would remain constant for vehicles priced in US$ to calculate the effective price taking in to account the variables.

So the second part of the equation "CIF x New Forex rate x New tax rate" gives the tentative cleared price that is comparable to the old LKR 1,100,000. Which is effectively = ($ 4,385 x 128) x (1+200%) = 1,684,214.

You seem to be one of those pitiful morons who puts politics before the good of the country.

you ########.. thats the truth... if the country was run properly we wouldnt be in this mess. .dont try to talk about SL without being there... you MF's stay in US all ur life and come to talk about SL.. please dont comment on SL situation and things.. stay in ur US shit.. these people are in SL.. they are the true patriots.. i am saddend that i had to leave too... but i still have a bigger right to talk about SL than u...

• Like 1

+100%

yeah keep voting for the ######## in the US (Cali).. and the ######## ruling the country..... its MF;s like u who put this regime in power.. now suffer.. too bad.. i feel bad for the 50% who didnt go or didnt vote.. this is not their choice.. but then again this is democracy.. never under estimate the power of idiots in large groups..

Is it? Hmm. Correct me if i am wrong. I assumed for example a car worth LKR 1,100,000 (E.G. Maruti 800) at an old exchange rate of 114 and at the previous tax rate of 120% for that segment being revised with the exchange rate going up to 128 and the t

machan I was just joking ! Didnt give it any thought :-D

2. People who have already opened (before 31st March) LCs to import vehicles

As I heard from a clearing agent, last time with tax increase, there was a court case requesting 'old' tax structure for already open LC and won the case. But need to be confirmed this, may be some of you remember..... There are many more than one year old cars to be cleared, (LC opened), there should be a solution for these cars also.

:sad-smiley-054::sad-smiley-054:

There`re no comments on Viva Elite new price except the one with a wild guess says it`ll go up by 3-4 lakhs. Can any of pro members here please show us how the price hike will effect the old price. As I found, there are many members who badly wanna know this including my self. Thanks.

How about you pick up the phone, and call the people who are paid money to tell you how much the new price is? These people are known as the sales department at Unimo.

• Like 1

How about you pick up the phone, and call the people who are paid money to tell you how much the new price is? These people are known as the sales department at Unimo.

FYI Mr.Pericles : As I mentioned the thread I posted under car buying info section ( Which ws deleted by SOMEONE ),

I`v been trying to call them since last evening with no luck. They don`t pickup the phone. So I decided to ask 4m the ppl in this forum who like to help others. I ws correct. There are ppl in this forum who like to help others, Unlike you who makes fun out of helpless ppl and make terrible comments. Why are you so F***d up man?

Your past comments proves that you are kinda control freak. I dunno whether you are an admin or sm1 who`s permitted to treat others like this. But man .. everybody like nice words,friendly assistance when it is needed. Cheers ... !!

• Like 2

yeah keep voting for the ######## in the US (Cali).. and the ######## ruling the country..... its MF;s like u who put this regime in power.. now suffer.. too bad.. i feel bad for the 50% who didnt go or didnt vote.. this is not their choice.. but then again this is democracy.. never under estimate the power of idiots in large groups..

ok.

FYI Mr.Pericles : As I mentioned the thread I posted under car buying info section ( Which ws deleted by SOMEONE ),

I`v been trying to call them since last evening with no luck. They don`t pickup the phone. So I decided to ask 4m the ppl in this forum who like to help others. I ws correct. There are ppl in this forum who like to help others, Unlike you who makes fun out of helpless ppl and make terrible comments. Why are you so F***d up man?

Your past comments proves that you are kinda control freak. I dunno whether you are an admin or sm1 who`s permitted to treat others like this. But man .. everybody like nice words,friendly assistance when it is needed. Cheers ... !!

Thank you. Yes, I am a control freak. What I am shows in a nice bright blue font just under my profile picture on the left there.

Why I am so f***d (as you put it, you missed a letter, BTW) is because I have had to deal with a bunch of retards, whiners, crybabies and people who lack common sense for what will be 6 years in 3 days time.

I don't know if this occurred to you, but Saturday evenings and Sundays aren't good times to call offices.

Now, the rules say no advertising. Strictly speaking, someone posting the price of a brand new car comes under advertising, even though we use discretion in dealing with it. So I advise you to stop asking people to break rules on your behalf, and do as I suggested. Which, by any standard, was a perfectly valid suggestion.

Coz when I get polite like this, it means my patience is wearing very thin.

Thank you. Yes, I am a control freak. What I am shows in a nice bright blue font just under my profile picture on the left there.

Why I am so f***d (as you put it, you missed a letter, BTW) is because I have had to deal with a bunch of retards, whiners, crybabies and people who lack common sense for what will be 6 years in 3 days time.

I don't know if this occurred to you, but Saturday evenings and Sundays aren't good times to call offices.

Now, the rules say no advertising. Strictly speaking, someone posting the price of a brand new car comes under advertising, even though we use discretion in dealing with it. So I advise you to stop asking people to break rules on your behalf, and do as I suggested. Which, by any standard, was a perfectly valid suggestion.

Coz when I get polite like this, it means my patience is wearing very thin.

:) ... " Coz when I get polite like this, it means my patience is wearing very thin " .... Best part of your post .. Like it ..

If you could bend over and let UN*MO screw you over with your money for half a year by not delivering the car they promised you, why cant you wait another day and call them monday morning? Its not like you're going to be clearing your car on a sunday afternoon.

We understand you viva buyers' concern over having to pay more, but acting like picky little b!tches isnt going to help you in anyway.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Followings rates will applied with new tax,

Allion will increased by 1.5M

AXIO - 1.4 M

VITZ - 1.2 M

HIACE - 0.4 M

Hybrids - 0.9M

N19 1.3M

TIDA 1.0M

Maruti - 0.3M

Edited by jami

Followings rates will applied with new tax,

Allion will increased by 1.5M

AXIO - 1.4 M

VITZ - 1.2 M

HIACE - 0.4 M

Hybrids - 0.9M

N19 1.3M

TIDA 1.0M

Maruti - 0.3M

i thought the tax on hybrids have gone up by only 9%. how come that amount to .9m rise in price