• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Plastidip Paint

venomafiax

Hey guys

Does anyone know where you can find Plastidip paint in Sri Lanka? Do you think its available here?

Thanks

'Venomafiax',

What is the application you want this product, can get this but it is available with government department have to use some other method to get same,

It is normally heated in powder form and dipped, very good for as previous member told for bed liners on trucks.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Edited by Pericles

Is this rubber paint? As in, purely hypothetically, paint you could use on your coil springs?

Well its a kind of a Spray on Rubber paint actually, straight from a Can... but its very sticky, bonds to the surface properly. superb finish, Matt colours mostly and its just awesome... And if you dont like it you can peel it straight away and it comes out like a Lunch paper a very think but elastic layer.. Ive posted a video below... However you can Youtube "plastidip" for more videos.

I thought coil springs were powder coated. I think what he means might be something akin to spray on polyurethane bed liner available in the US.

You mean used on Bed liner on trucks??? Nope thats not it.

Yup springs are powder coated some are also dipped in plastis but its not the same as Plastidip... Plastidip is like ordinary paint from a Paint Can except you dont have to worry about the finish as it always end up smooth. No primmer or sandpaper required. Just spray it on... and it will last for a long time.. and if you dont like it you can simply peel it off....

'Venomafiax',

What is the application you want this product, can get this but it is available with government department have to use some other method to get same,

It is normally heated in powder form and dipped, very good for as previous member told for bed liners on trucks.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi i think your talking about something else... plastidip is not very sophisticated as youve mentioned above. It comes in spray cans and is just easy to use. My cousine bought some from the Uk and sprayed his rear spoiler with it and the finish is just superb. He used it at home its that simple... all you need is a clean surface and a spray can of Plastidip... have a look at the video below... Do you know where i can find this in Sri Lanka?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6httg4_lGaA&feature=related

Its the best thing ever ....

Edited by Pericles

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Please help me to find a paint to restore my car door and body trim. Its originally in flat black and now few chips have fallen ,exposing underline chrome. I did find few matching paints in the net, like plastidip and dupli-colour,but i dought wheather they are available here. Are there any alternatives here to paint it?

Thanks in advance,

HC.

Is this rubber paint? As in, purely hypothetically, paint you could use on your coil springs?

Mate, can you explain a bit more about this rubber paint. Can it be used to paint the door trim?

Mate, can you explain a bit more about this rubber paint. Can it be used to paint the door trim?

Yes. The rubber on my drip rail trim had peeled due to rotting and I cut off all the old rubber coating and sprayed it with Plastidip. Worked awesome and looks stock. Edited by MeanGreenZ28

• 9 years later...
On 3/28/2012 at 3:23 PM, venomafiax said:

Hey guys

Does anyone know where you can find Plastidip paint in Sri Lanka? Do you think its available here?

Thanks

You can buy from rock paint centre in Colombo. (011) 234 2923. I'm too looking for gloss black but couldn't find any yet. Other colors they have.